Thread: Sadistic Airtel Harrasment for Bradband Disconnect

Feb 2012

Default Sadistic Airtel Harrasment for Bradband Disconnect

Hi, Issues faced by me are same as that mentioned by in this forum, prefix consumercourt.in to get the links
    jay(/broadband/86690-removal-my-dsl-services.html),
    murali: 86223 subject : airtel-not-closed-broadband-con-when-requested.html)
    Pramod: post code: 86327- and subject :regarding-disconnecting-airtel-broadband),
    Mayur : post code 75353 and subject : airtel-threatening-after-disconnecting-landline-connection-asking-pay-unused),
    Vidit : post code 66915 and subject : airtel-not-disconnecting-my-broadband)
    and numerous other unfortunate customers of Airtel broadband. When i read these stories i see so much similarity that this cannot be a coincidence. In a way it seems as this is the standard procedure/code-of-conduct by airtel for any braodband cancellations?
    Why is this sadistic approach taken by Airtel? Who is gaining from this, other that few sadistic employees of airtel I donít think anybody ( I mean even Airtel) has anything to gain from this! OR is it driven at an organization level?? Do they think harrased customers (busy with their life) will finally just feel relieved to get rid of the connection and hence would not want to pursue the matter further in any consumer court? Itís really shameful that an Indian company like Airtel applies such tactics. Read through and see if Airtelís actions make any sense at-all!!
    Below is that details of the issue that I am facing: landline number 08040985325 and reference number for Airtel nodal office: 11466840. The issue is not yet resolved; it took almost 2 Months just to make a disconnection happen!!(Happened on 21st feb , while request made on 29 December,) This after escalating the issue to Nodal office. Still they say that bill for Jan-5 to Feb 5 is pending and they will evaluate and tell me exactly how much I have to pay. As per your Manual of Practice once a request for disconnection is made, billing has to stop within next 24 hours. I am not paying a single paisa to Airtel, I got a log of requests that I had made with Airtel, It is very clear from the log that I have made cancellation request on 28 December.
    1. Requests raised for cancellation

Dear Arun,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 03 March. 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Rakesh Ranga
    Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
    Bharti Airtel Ltd
    airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Twitter - Bharti Airtel India (@Airtel_Presence) on Twitter

Facebook - Airtel Presence | Facebook

Dear Arun,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 03 March 2012, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Rakesh Ranga
    Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
    Bharti Airtel Ltd