Thread: HDFC Home Loan Complaint

Default HDFC Home Loan Complaint

Name:  hdfc-home-loan.jpg
    1) HDFC bank caused mental agony to me and my family over misplaced 'original sale deed' documents for my property (compensation sought Rs 1,00,000/-) At the time of closing of the loan HDFC bank handed me a set of original papers for my property. When i passed on the same papers to SBI i was told that the original sale deed is not there in the set of documents. upon hearing this i called HDFC to check if these documents had been handed over to me and they clearly said that 'original sale deed' papers were included in the set of papers. Because of this communication both me and the recipient bank i.e. SBI went into frantic search mode to help trace this most important document. I searched my premises, my vehicle and all possible places enroute umpteen times and SBI did the same on their part. In this meanwhile i sent a written communication to HDFC asking them to verify if these papers were indeed handed over. In the meanwhile the search continued. Then finally HDFC responded by saying that they have not collected the Original Sale Deed from the builder and hence the same has to be traced with the builder. We finally traced these documents from the builder and handed those over to SBI.
    1) In these 3 days we suffered grave mental agony and physical hardship in trying to trace the document all possible places in transit. This situation arose because -- a) HDFC did not make attempts to collect all relevant documents for the property from the builder though the registration was done more than a year back (had we not traced these now due to the loan transfer, the same may have been lost/misplaced by the builder over the course of the loan). b) HDFC provided false information over phone and were not at all proactive owing of which both me and SBI staff were put through hell in trying to trace this key paper for the property
    1) I am claiming compensation for Rs 1,00,000/ on account for the mental and physical trauma and the loss of productive hours that arose due to mishandling of key documents and wrong communication on part of HDFC

Default Complaint Against HDFC Bank

Hello Sir,

In the Month of March I had applied for a home loan with HDFC Sector 8,
    Chandigarh Branch, for 25 Lac Rs. And asked the bank to approve the loan
    only on the basis of the collateral property (whose papers I had
    provided with the application) as I was looking for a property in
    Chandigarh which is not transferable. I paid a processing fee of
    Rs.11,000+service tax. Before Applying for the home loan HDFC's
    executive Mr. Kapil had assured that he has got the property checked and
    the bank would take the same as collateral. Before Applying I also had
    an interview with Ms. Aditi Lakhanpal and she had flipped through the
    file and also asked me my requirements. I made everything clear during
    the interview as well. But on receiving the offer letter my collateral
    property was not considered. It's a shame that the bank was so negligent
    that it ignored the collateral property papers and also my application.
    On repeatedly trying to reach the bank's executives (Mr. Kapil and Ms.
    Aditi Lakhanpal) I got a response that I had not requested for the
    collateral to be considered. But when they checked my application they
    told be that they had somehow missed valuating the collateral and now
    they've spoken to someone and the property is not approved and cannot be
    taken as collateral. Before applying for the loan they were all after my
    life contacting me several times during the day and now they do not
    choose to even reply to my emails. Ms. Aditi gives me a stupid response
    that HDFC is not responsible as Mr. Kapil is an employee of HDFC bank
    and not HDFC, but HDFC did not process my application as requested. I'm
    not at all interested in dealing with HDFC anymore and I'm chasing them
    to get my Processing fee back. On requesting the bank to atleast return
    the processing fee, I get a reply that they would be able to refund only
    half of the fee. Whereas it's the bank who's at fault for not reading my
    application properly and should bear the cost. I'm really disappointed
    with the practice that this bank follows. On the time of application
    they were chasing me like anything but they are paying no attention my
    complaints.

Please help me in recovering the processing fees from the bank. You
    could also refer to the conversation I had with the bank below.

Mohit

Mohit Jain
    Tel: +91 1244 763082

Default Refund of HDFC Home Loan processing fee

I applied for Home Loan at HDFC and given processing fee of Rs. 11000.00+service tax.
    At present I do not want to deal with HDFC as the intereste rate is higher than my expectation. So I want to get back the given processing fee from HDFC.

Could you please inform me the process to get back the fee ?

Waiting for your valuable reply urgently.

Dr. Gunjan Mukherjee, Pune

U will not get it. Sorry to say. Just do a service to man kind .. tell everyone whom you know anf whom you do not (shout on the strret), that never visit HDFC. never take loan from them. This 11k+, you should think, you have sacrificed for nothing. Bring a revolution to make sure HDFC face lehman brother fate. I wish it comes true!

Could you please inform me the process to get back the fee ?

Waiting for your valuable reply urgently.

Dr. Gunjan Mukherjee, Pune

Dear Mr. Mukherjee,

To sort out such kinds of Banking complaints, you will have to send a written complaint to the Head Office of the concerned Bank and wait for the response for near 15 to 20 days. Keep a copy of that letter with you so that if the Bank fails to give you any solution, you can forward your complaint to the Banking Ombudsman.

Default HDFC Processing fee; Complain

Thanks for your valuable reply. I sent e-mail complain to HDFC 15 days back.

I received Rs. 2000 from HDFC instead of Rs. 12000.00 (Rs. 12091.00 through cheque) to HDFC as processing fee.
    HDFC person told me that remaining money has been utilized as process fee.Only this Rs. 2000 was for stamp duty!!
    But
    I have received only the In-Principle approval letter and so far no sanction letter has been issued by the bank and no disbursement , no processing has been done.

Waiting for your suggestion.
    _Dr. Mukherjee

Quote Originally Posted by advocate View Post
    Dear Mr. Mukherjee,

niraj jain Guest

Default hdfc home loan query

i had taken home loan from hdfc last year at floating rates . when the rates
    increased they increased the rates but now when the rates have come down they are
    charging an amount to bring the rate a percent down. moreover when i am willing to
    repay full loan with my own fund , they are charging prepayment penalty of 2
    percent. isn't it injustice on bank's part?

Unhappy home loan interest

I want to know present rate of interest of home loan on old customer in floating rate of HDFC and present rate of interest for new customer.

Thumbs down Inefficiency of bank staff

Sir im serving in Merchant Navy and presently residing in Meerut (U.P.)
    Im operating savings account of myself,my wife and my kids from Meerut branch.
    I had applied for Car loan for Rs 3.5 lacs around 8 days back and since then your so called efficient staff has called me to the bank 4 times citing some shortage of documents that need to be submitted..Myself bieng preferred customer have been treated unprofessionally by your bankers. Last time they called me to the bank for submitting some more documents I was not able to go to the bank as I am busy with some other personnel matters. Instead I requested them to send somebody to collect to which they promised they'll heed to. After 3 days still nobody has called or collected the documents. This treatment to a preferred customer is highly unappreciable from your bank and Im contemplating to close all my accounts in your bank, including NRE and NRO accounts...

Suraj Rawal

G S Pathak Guest

Unhappy HDFC cheats Exisiting Customers Charging Fees for Conversion.

A case of Cheat and trecherous attitude with no Customer care and Rude Behavior of Staff. Took Home loan Of 13 Lacs floating in 2005 Principal Outstanding in 2010 february 12.30 Lacs . Hdfc is the first bank to increase the rates on any CRR Hikes By RBI and last to reduce them in Subsequent Years. My Current ROI is 10.75%. When i Contacted Them for such high ROI , they offerred me a Special Scheme For Conversion FROM 10.75 to 8.75 By Paying 1% of PROCESSING FEES.

1) It is clear case of Cheating Customers as WHY SHOULD WE PAY PROCESSING FEES ( Rs 12000) In a Floating Rate Loan.
    2) HDFC never informs customers about the switching Schemes and to my Horror their Staff says LET the Custome Be AWare.

I Pray God Almighty to put some brakes on Their free run on Cheating customers charging High ROI. My Sincere Advise to ALL home Loan Seekers Please read the Fine print and Think twice approaching this Private Sector Bank.

WILL ANYONE CARE TO RESPOND FROM HDFC...

AMRITA Ref478309165 Guest

Default Hdfc bhubanrswar delay in sanctioining home loan ref 478309165

My above Home Loan Proposal is pending at your Bhubaneswar office for more than four months even if I have submitted all the papers,particulars/documents etc and have given all the clarifications required by you.Meanwhile HDFC has already appropriated the processing fee deposited by me.I along with my husband are employees of TCS and are posted at Kolkata at present. We are likely to go to USA on deputation in March 2010 and are looking for the sanction of the Home Loan at the earliest.
    I shall be glad if you will kindly intervene and help expedite .

Amrita

spaul@lntecc.com Guest

Question HDFC bokaro(under jamshedpur) delay in sanctioining home loan

I have applied for a house building loan & submit all releted documents with an application form to Mr.Prashant(Bokaro branch) on 11.03.2010.

The total loan require Rs1.7lakhs only.I have given an email regarding the status of my loan to Mr.Suman Biswas(HDFC)Jamshedpur on 19th but not received any reply against the same.

I wish to start the work on 1st week of Apr'10. I shall be glad if you will kindly intervene and help me out to short out these issues at the earliest.

Waiting for your early response.

Regds,
    Soumen Paul(L&T)
    email:-spaul@lntecc.com
    Ph-9430376376

Default HDFC Home loan not disbursed

My loan has been sanctioned but and i have submitted legal and technical formalties regarding disbursement , but it is delay , I think 8.25 % fixed scheme will over. befroe disbursement ,
    I think HDFC staff so lazy wrt to govt bank ,
    They has been taken 60 days for loan whiile hdfc asked for that loan will be aproved and sanctioned within 15 days.
    loan a/c no -589070392

anant S kulkarni Guest

Default Not getting Responce from Mr. Suresh Shere -Virar office.

Myself Anant Kulkarni have taken Loan from Ambarnath Branch having ACC no 216879259, 95 % amount have been taken from HDFC.

my request to start EMI have been approved, I have filled ECS form but Unfortunately HDFC bank Boisar branch have no ECS facility, hence Form have been rejected and I have given another Form meant for HDFC bank account holder.
    Said Form I have varified, stamped and signed from HDFC bank Boisar and handover to Mr.Sunil Shere at HDFC virar, he have acceted the same on 17.03.2010 and given me ackowledgement also, but same have been not forwarded to HDFC HO or at respective place, when I enquired at Ambarnath on 23.03.2010, I given answer that till date no any update done in my account, hence contact Virar and ask to Form, I am continuously follow up at Virar( Mr. Sunil Shere) but I am not getting propar Answer, Please look into.

Anant Kulkarni
    ( 9960595187 / e22kulkarni@aartidrugs.com)

vikram Adagale Guest

Default Complaint against vehical loan

I purches two wheeler Honda-Unicorn Bike,
    in last two year back ,as per tha bank conditions i pay every EMI time -to time
    my EMI was- RS.2268/- Per month,for 24 - month,
    I completed most of Lone EMI ,but from last five month ,HDFC - Phone Bakers harrest me,and the are charge me Extra charge for every month it is near about 30 % of my EMI,and they are also not give me permission to complete this loan,
    Phone banker always talk without any past information ,and blaming me every time
    they are not give me any track record of my EMI ,Please do some thing about this complain.

Vikram Adagale