Thread: Blackmail by IDEA ! --- Extra money being asked for number PORTING to MTNL

Default Blackmail by IDEA ! --- Extra money being asked for number PORTING to MTNL

I had applied for PORTING my number (9891999000) from IDEA to MTNL in January 2011. All formalities were completed.

After many days MTNL people sent me a new SIM but informed that IDEA is not releasing the number, so please apply by SMS again. And so we did. And we also cleared the 'new' bill from IDEA as well.

With the new application, and after several days, MTNL again told us to talk to IDEA as IDEA still didn't release the number ! The lady in MTNL told me that IDEA people had even rudely hung up on her !!

We spoke to IDEA and they said we have to go to their head-office in NOIDA first. We went there and there we were told to give an application for this.
    We gave them application and now they are saying "Your number is a V.I.P. platinum number, therefore we will release it ONLY IF YOU PAY US Rs. 5,000 EXTRA !!"

They have also bluntly REFUSED to receive our application.

I want to know that :

1. Is it compulsory for customer to GO to Operator's Head-Office for number Porting ? Or is it just to harass the OUT-GOING client and discourage him ?

2. Do they have any right to ask any extra money if the number, according to them, is a VIP number ??

We would request your intervention in the matter and help us out from such a service operator.

Sincerely,
    Jai Bansal

Nov 2010

Default Reply to your complaint

Quote Originally Posted by jb@biznetindia.com View Post

They have also bluntly REFUSED to receive our application.

I want to know that :

Sincerely,
    Jai Bansal

We tried to call you but the contact could not be established. Kindly confirm your alternate contact number so that the concern can be resolved to the best of your satisfaction.For further assistance kindly get in touch with our Customer care centre -details updated on Idea website. www.ideacellular.com.

Ideacellular