Thread: sony bravia LCD Panel very high replacement cost

Angry sony bravia LCD Panel very high replacement cost

Click image for larger version.

Name:	sony-bravia-LCD.jpg
Views:	13242
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	5670
    I bought a sony bravia 32 inch LCD TV (Model No KLV32V300A) about 15 months back. The LCD panel got spoilt in such a short period of time. Since the warranty is only for 12 months, the service center informed me that I would have to pay for the replacement. The cost quoted by them for the change in LCD Panel is 22500... which is very very expensive considering the fact that the MRP of the TV was 55000/-.

Close to 50% of the cost of the TV for replacing the panel? That too, they said there will be no warranty for the new Panel even after getting it replaced. This is very bad.

Please help.

Have you confirmed this to the Sony customer care ?

May 2009

Yes, this was confirmed by Sony Customer Care, Mumbai.

Any ideas anyone??

dinesh3333 Guest

Default Same issue with my TV

same issue with my LCD tv. my model is26V300A. I bought it for 32000, 13 months back. When I went to customer care, they said my tv panel is gone. They are asking 18000 to replace it. How can we pay 18000 for repairing a 1 year old tv.

Geetha rajan Guest

Angry Sony LCD panels are really expensive

Price of the panel seems to be increasing drastically this year.

I got a Sony 32" LCD V Series and the panel was damaged while shifting by a local Movers and Packers company. They are not ready to take any sort of responsibility of the damge. When i contacted the Sony Center, they said Panel is not under warranty and right now it costs Rs42,000 which is equal to the price of the TV i Purchased!!!
    This is really really expensive!!
    At the end of day, consumer is under a loss..

Default Regarding cost of the Panel

Dear Mr.Ranjan,

Greetings from Sony India.

This has reference to your concern regarding cost of LCD panel.

Request you provide us with your contact details and city you reside.

You can sent your details directly at my e-mail Id mentioned below.

subhashis.bagchi@ap.sony.com.

Assuring you of our best services and support.

With Regards

Subhashis Bagchi

Quote Originally Posted by Geetha rajan View Post
    Price of the panel seems to be increasing drastically this year.

This is really really expensive!!
    At the end of day, consumer is under a loss..

Dec 2009

Default Results...

Dear all,

I am also one the victims of these television manufacturers.
    (32" LCD panel gone in 14 months).
    I have seen a lot of such complaints and I was about to post.
    Just wanted to know, what is the outcome?
    Did anyone get a free replacement (with new one)?
    Did anyone get free repair (replacement of panel)?
    Did anyone got the replacement done at very small price (if yes, how much)?
    Please share your experience, it will help many people like me.

Prashant

Default Greetings from Sony India Team

Dear Mr Prashant,

Please confirm which brand LCD TV you bought? Is it a Sony LCD TV? If yes, please let us know what excatly happened and how? You may call us on 1800-103-7799 (Sony Toll free No) as well for assistance.

Warm regards
    Sony India Team

Quote Originally Posted by bhanware View Post
    Dear all,

I am also one the victims of these television manufacturers.
    (32" LCD panel gone in 14 months).
    I have seen a lot of such complaints and I was about to post.
    Just wanted to know, what is the outcome?
    Did anyone get a free replacement (with new one)?
    Did anyone get free repair (replacement of panel)?
    Did anyone got the replacement done at very small price (if yes, how much)?
    Please share your experience, it will help many people like me.

Prashant

Default Defective LCD Panel

Hello Mr.Subhashis Bagchi,

I have Purchased a Sony Bravia LCD TV - KLV-32V400A on August 05, 2008.
    On September 07, 2009, I have noticed a dark line on the LCD Panel and logged a complaint with the Dealer.

The Dealer then directed me to the Authorized Service Center Nishnat Enterprises Margao Goa. Mr. Prashant from Nishnat Enterprises dropped to our place withing two working days. He has taken a snap shot of the LCD Panel for further processing.

I have done a continuous follow up with the Service Center to know the exact Problem and the Solution to resolve the issue.
    One day (i.e In the month of Nov) I forcefully tried to get the exact Issue/Problem...the concern staff replied me "There is a Manufacturing Defect with the LCD Panel & since this was identified in the 13th month from the date of purchase the Company will replace the panel Free of Cost (FOC) but, the Concern Sony Officials need to take a special Permission to resolve this issue".

Since the Service Center Officials spoke to me in a very polite manner, I waited for some more days. Now, we are at the End of December 2009 still there is no reply from the Sony India & Sony Service center.Today, I called up Sony Customer care to get details about my Complaint.... I was shock to hear from Mr.Naveen (Sony Customer Care) that "The Complaint has already been Closed as the Consumer has rejected the Service Quotation". I am asking Sony India, When i have not received the Service Quotation....On what basis the complaint has been closed?. The Service Center tells me a different story..."We are waiting for the approval from Sony India....".

Lets Assume that we use the television for say 8 hours per day...Our Total usage will be 8 * 400(No of Days) = 3200 hours.
    Dose this implies that Sony Cannot operate for more then 3200 hours?? In Normal Scenario a LCD TV last for approximately 600000 hours!!!

Now Whom should i trust?...Should the consumer waste his time after Service Center after investing 53,000/- INR ? I am ashamed to recommend this product to my friends...after being a loyal Customer for last 15 years.

I have already mailed you the Snap shot of the LCD Panel. Hope you will try to resolve the said issue as i have heard that the cost of replacing the panel is 35,000 INR.

Gurudatta Nayak

Default Sony Bravia LCD TV

Well iam bit lucky that my SONY LCD lasts 3 years. I also initiated an email conversation with sony but that was of no use.

I brought this @ 155000/- but now i have no option to just sit back as SONY india is noot helping at all.

This is not SONY what it was few years back. They brought these parts from venders in china at lil cost and charging use 4 times to the actual cost. they put the stamp of sony on those parts and deliver in the market.

I think better we should cacth some comany in china or else who can hels us out.

Rajeev
    New Delhi

Default Sony LCD TV prob

I am also a victim of Sony LCD TV (KLV-26V 300A) which i bought on Feb'2008 & on Jan'2010 my TV panel has gone as per service dealer.

Repair cost has been told Rs 19K against i bought it at 35K, which is more than half of purchased price also new TV now even comes at 30K. Sony has been very grate brand image for its quality & life of product but with in 2 years of puchase if my LCD has got major prob & very expensive repair cost, it is very painful.

I am now regrating my decision for buying LCD TV, one should not buy LCD TV & always normal TV is better than LCD.

I have send my request to Sony customer care & waiting for their favour. Hope Sony India will look into & help me.

Vimal Mishra

mishra_vm@rediffmail.com
    Mob:09313171601

shaurya Guest

Default Sony LCD panel defective in 15 months

I purchased Sony LCD KLV-40-S400A on 19 Oct 08 for RS 67500/-. After a use of 14 months I found that there were dark lines on the screen.I requested sony to send the service engineer.. who has now confirmed that the LCD panel is defective and will need replacement .. it costs Rs 45,000/-odd.Now, this is unbelievable that Sony develops having defective panels in 14-15 months.I really do not know what to do.. has someone got it repaired /replaced free of cost.Wht should be done? can someone advise?

Srikanth_Mad Guest

Thumbs down Sony Bravia KLV-40V200A

After seeing this post, my impression on Sony has just hit rock bottom. I have a similar problem with my Sony Bravia KLV-40V200A that I purchased in April 2006 for Rs. 1,35,000. For the last few days there is vertical line on left. I registered a complaint with Sony and they are quoting Rs. 30000 for the panel replacement. What bothers me is

1. Sony said the "life expectancy" of LCD TV is 60000 hours. I forgot that "Life expectancy" also means diseases, disabilities, deformaties.
    2. While the equivalent model of KLV-40V200A costs Rs. 75,000, the panel prices have not come down.
    3. After seeing the earlier replies, I feel lucky that my Bravia lasted almost 4 years. Bravo!!!

Sony is not the same anymore.

Srikanth
    9845542015

Abhay Guest

Default Same Issue (LCD Panel)

I purchased Sony LCD KLV-46-V300 in Apr 08. After a use of 20 months I found that there was a vertical line on the screen inititally.Slowly that vertical line became prominent and the left side blanked out. I took the TV to sony service station.. the engineer who has now confirmed that the LCD panel is defective and will need replacement he quoted the cost to be approx 22000/- .. TV has costed me approx Rs 48,000/- and not even completed 2 yrs. How does Sony justify to this and seeing so many complains for the same issue (panel) don't we see here the customers are being taken for a ride.
    I beleive Sony no more cares for its name and its customers by using cheap materials and charging rediculous price. Wake up guys its high time !!!

Unhappy Customer of Sony product !!!
    Abhay