Thread: Mobile Handset Complaints

Default Mobile Handset Complaints

Allegation- Star Mobitel has sold me either old /used/ refurbished or stolen old hand set.

I bought my mobile model E-70 from Star Mobitel on 13/1/2008,some time after i noticed that the battery is not working properly i.e backup is too less and the model is out dated .Star Mobitel provided me an extra old used battery for the backup.
    after six months time its courser started malfunctioning for which first I went to Star Mobitel and they directed me to nokia care and said that we do not provide post sale service.
    when I went to nokia care they told me that there is some hardware problem with the courser but they cannot accept the hand set as it is out of warrantee. when I showed the invoice to them and the date of purchase they told me that according to model IMEI no the warrantee of the set is over on 21/07/2007 i.e before my date of purchase.
    I called star mobitel and talked to Mr Indrajeet Singh, probably manager and asked him why this is happening .According to invoice my handset is well within warrantee and nokia care is saying that the set is out of warrantee .
    When I charged him that how he has sold me a stolen / refurbished set which is out of warrantee before the purchase date he called me at the show room and took my set with a promise that he will replace the hand set after they have shown it to nokia care. Using his personal contact he submitted that set in nokia care where they found that courser is not working . nokia care is not having that spare part and they have sent a request to nokia for the same.
    Nokia priority dealer and one of the leading showroom in south Delhi has sold me an outdated handset with proper receipt and insurance. When I called Nokia customer care at 08030303838 they repeatedly confirmed me that the warrantee of this set has expired on 31/07/2007 and nokia has stopped selling that hand set long back and also said that the dealer should not have sold me that handsetm but at the same time they refused to lodge any complaint against them( the dealer).
    Today they are saying that the spare is not available and it will take some time to procure it.
    I request you to kindly help me in getting new handset of different model

Kindly provide us your full contact details and the full bill details with IEMI no.

modle -GSM nokia E-70,

G-26,south ext part I
    Mobile 91-9971717171.
    Fax 91-11-41606060
    E-mail-ncsdelhi@star mobitel.com

At present-nokia care is having my mobile given to then by the name of star mobitel ltd.
    Job card no-111433527/081227/54

Sec -41/42,
    Faridabad,
    Haryana-121010
    Mo no-09818797966

Kindly send a Notice to the dealer on the above mentioned address, and also to:
    Managing Director,
    Nokia India Pvt Ltd.
    5F Tower A and B
    Cyber Green DLF,
    Cyber city, DLF phase II
    Sec-25 A Gurgaon, Haryana
    1122002

mention all the details and attached the photo copy of both bill and the job sheet. And wait for at least 15-20 days for their reply.

Note: Send the notice through the registered post and keep the slip safe, and also send a soft copy of the notice at notice@consumercourt.in

I have already sent a legal notice to the dealer and to nokia as you mentioned seven days back.

Kindly share the soft copy of the notice.

Kindly send a notice to the below mentioned address too:
    Managing Director,
    Nokia India Pvt Ltd.
    5F Tower A and B
    Cyber Green DLF,
    Cyber city, DLF phase II
    Sec-25 A Gurgaon, Haryana
    1122002

Note: Kindly Share the soft copy of the notice with us.

iIt will be done today itself and the copy wii be sent to you.

soft copy of notice sent to you at notice@consumercourt .in

We will go through your notice, and guide you accordingly.

Kindly send some product/service reviews to help other consumer to choose the right product and services.

We provide free help to all our INDIAN consumers, if you already hire any lawyer than we think you have no need any extra help from us.

please let me know what is expected in my case ? will i be able to get new set from them.
    dr saurabh

Default Nokia E 71

I am an aggrieved customer of Nokia.
    I bought a brand new Nokia E 71 phone from RPG Cellucom in Pashcim vihar, New Delhi
    on 9th March 2009.
    The following day I noticed the phone started rebooting and the problem increasing
    in the few days that followed.
    I went to RPG on the 13th who said they couldn't help me in any way and referred me
    to Nokia Care Centre.
    I went to Manav Communications, a Nokia care centre in the vicinity.
    Since then they have made hundreds of software updates to my phone and it has
    remaining in and out of the care centre for the past one and a half month.

The phone has also been sent to a higher level care centre twice.
    Once it came back on assurances that they have tested it and the same is fine.
    But they believed the fault when the phone rebooted in front of the care executive
    twice within filing a fourth complaint.
    the current status of the phone is that it is lying with Nokia for the past
    fortnight now and I have been told that it will be repaired by the 30th.

I have requested them to change the handset umpteen number of times as I don't wish
    to use a phone that has been repaired so many times.
    But they refuse to do so and say their technicians will advise on the matter.

Pls advise me how should i proceed with the matter.
    I have been duped of Rs.19,000 and wish to take them to court for this.
    I want a compensation for the phone and do not wish to use a Nokia ever.
    i also wish to be compensated for the 45 days of mental torture I have suffered and
    all the time I have wasted in getting the phone repaired.

Pls advise.

Thanks in advance,

Rupal Bansal

New Delhi

Default can any1 plz help me????????????????

i bought nokia 5800 n had some prob wit it........
    i submitted my cell in nokia service centre for 1 month but my prob is not solved...
    can i sue them?????????????????????
    i want file a case how can i?????

1. Micromax Mobile Handset