Thread: Right To Information Act for Banks

Default Right To Information Act for Banks

The President of India gave assent to the Right to Information Act, 2005 on 15th June 2005. All Public Sector Banks are Public Authorities for the purpose of the Act. Under the Act the Bank is supposed to answer the queries raised by the public as well as customers. The officers who are designated to give answers to the queries of public as well as customers are called Public Information Officers. The General Manager [Marketing & NI] at Head Office and Regional Heads are the regional Public Information Officers of the Bank. If one is not satisfied with the decision of Public Information Officer of the bank he/ she may prefer an appeal to the Appellate Authority of the bank

A person, who desires to obtain any information under this Act, shall make a request in writing or through electronic media in English or Hindi or in the official language of the area in which the application is being made accompanying such fee as may be prescribed by the Bank from time to time. Where such request cannot, for valid reasons, make the request in writing, Public Information Officer shall render all reasonable assistance to the person making the request verbally to reduce the same in writing.

An applicant making request for information shall not be required to give any reason for requesting the information or any other personal details except those that may be necessary for contacting him.

All the members of the public are entitled to raise queries about the following:
    Particulars of Organization
    Structure
    Policies
    Grievance Redressal Mechanism
    Pay Structure
    Products

One may also raise queries on the other ones which are not listed. Our Public Information Officer will answer the queries.

NIRANJAN1995 Guest

Default loan sanction letter

Can a recognised employees union''s Secretary ask to obtain the xerox copy of sanction letters of loans of some of its members from a public sector Bank. If Yes, Whether the Bank is able to give the desired data to the union ?

Post To get the bank account number from sbi bank

myself rajeshkumar ravjibhai kaneria. i have saving account number in sbi bank vapi, industrial estate of bank, ifsc code sbin0001658. my cif number is 80237231932. I do no have account number with me. i want account number. i sent all my documents to bank but bank is unable to give me my account number.
    if you want any detail from me, fee free to contact me. i want my account number. This account is since last 10 yrs. presently it is in dormant state and account number is not visible.
    my email is rajesh.kaneria@sunpharma.com

Post Harresment by cheque disorner

i abhishek singhal have current account as ambika jewels overseas in allahabad bank . I held a account payee cheque worth of amount 250000 ( two lac fifty thousand )dt. 7/3/13 in allahabad bank for clearing which have been disornered by bank without any strong reason which affected my market goodwill and have to bear a big loos. And bank also leived chareges on that.

Your kind attension for the above matter will be highly obliged & kindly get the bank to give me the strong reason and satisfy me.

With regards,
    abhishek singhal.
    Ambika jewels overseas
    ph no- 9411410620

Default Regarding Wrong Transaction

I have an account with SBI, Gagrigol bearing A/c no. 31804037244 and ATM Card No. 6220180897000006535 and branch code 008970.
    I have used same bank ATM on 9 May 2013 for transferred amount Rs.2000/ from Samalkha SBI ATM at New Delhi at 04:59pm on 9 May 2013 but did not transfer the money from the SBI Bank ATM. I have to try 3-4 times, but every time transaction time out error was showing.
    Then I checked my balance it was Rs 13222/. When 2 hour later I checked my balance it was only Rs 222/. It's often been surprised to see.
    Then I immediately rushed and lodged a complaint to SBI customer care. He also had a successful transaction.
    Then I lodged online complaints against SBI, but till today no reply is being received from any of the SBI offices. That was my hard earned money which is being duped by the SBI.
    So, I request you to kindly look into my matter and give me the right track that how I recover my hard earned money from SBI.

Thanks & regards
    Mr. Sunder Singh Thayat
    Phone no - 8527920132
    Email Id- sonuthayat97@gmail.com

Default Educational loan subside

I have take a educational loan on 2007-11 period. Just now i have to start paying the loan back. But as per feedback from bank the subside scheme cannot be claimed by now and i have to pay entire amount with interest . Is it possible to claim that subside now ? What i have to do for that ? Please guide me thro mail
    mail : sjkalaiselvan@gmail.com

tnx in advance ..

Default Rbi

I have recived a mail from Reserve Bank of India .that inform i win 750000 British pound sterling. so rs 18300 INR willbe pay for release the amount .
    is it true or faulse

with regards
    mr. prakash k namboorthiri

my cell no is 9665064114 registered in the name of Tarika nagrani. from last 40 days i was not in town and most of the time my mobile was off due to roaming charges but in last one month bill they are showing my bill of more than 24,000 and after discount the bill has come for Rs.4844 which is not logical as i have not used the internet facility from last one and half years.

i\I tried to follow up nearly your 20 people and many msg also but my prob is not yet solved

govindaraoedula Guest

Default address of the account holder of icici bank,manipal, karnataka.

sir, my amount is wrongly credited to his account through rtgs on 25-06-13 wide APGBH13176065612 to raghavendra rao his acc.no. 007201513527 icici bank,
    manipal. hence i request you to sendd adress and details to this email. govindaraoedula@gmail.com

govindaraoedula Guest

Default wrongly send the amount to icici bank account through rtgs.

Sir, I have send moneywrongly to icicic bank,manipal account holder named raghavendra rao. how to get return back the amount.
    govindaraoedula
    govindaraoedula@gmail.com

bhartendu Guest

Default Regarding fraudulent, cheating & misleading in purchase of Policy, named “HDFCSL Classic Assur

Hi Sir/Madam,

My earlier complain no which I have given in HDFC bank is "HDFCSL​=001-160-1​09" on which the bank people have not taken any action.

So I am writing this mail to highlight the facts regarding fraudulent, cheating & misleading in purchase of Policy, named “HDFCSL Classic Assure Insurance”. by HDFC agents and their managers. This bank people have opened the shop of all cheating and fraud. They are misguiding the people to invest on name of something and giving something else. They are taking away all the hard earned money of innocent people. They are not giving clear details of in which the money is invested. They are misguiding the people for their benefits.

Sir/Madam, this is a humble request to you kindly look into this issue seriously and takes action against all those people who are involved in this. They are simply degrading the name of organization. Because of us only these people are doing business and they are cheating us only. We are observing HDFC bank people are more involved in this kind of act. So request you to take some action. Even my father got trap in this kind of act. Now he is not well after listening that all the hard earned money of his are cheated and taken away.

I ask one question "Is money is greater than anybody’s life which these bank people are taking by fraudulent, cheating & misleading the customer?

Now who will be responsible if something happen to my father? Those people will never be happy Sir/Madam who has cheated such a innocent person.

I have written to bank also but they have overlooked this issue. So I am writing to you.

Sir/Madam, please take strict action against all those people who are involved in this kind of act.

And we know these things are done on the support of bank people.

Please revert if you need any further information.

I am waiting eagerly for reply. I want action against all the agents and managers involved in this kind of act so that in future they will not do with any other people.

Bhartendu Vimal

Mob No - +91-9886281094

hemant roy Guest

Default complain against central bank of india gauripur bihpur bhagalpur staff

sir ,
    IN CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA GAURIPUR BHAGALPUR GAURRIPUR BRANCH MANAGER DOES NOT DO HIS WORK SIMULTANEOUSLY HE JUST DOSEN'T FULLFILL CUSTOMER AND WITH ALL THE PAPER SUBMITTED HE DOSEN'T DO WORK ACCORDING TO CUSTOMER EMERGENCY MY PAREANTS IS AGE OLD AND ME WITH MY FAMILY HAS ACCOUNT IN THIS BANK AN EMERGENCY TRANSFER OF MY MONEY COULDNT PROCEED ACCORDING TO TIME AS FOR MY FATHER OPERATION I HAVE TO SUFFER A LOT PROBLEM FOR IT DUE TO MANAGER NEGLIGANCE OF ONE SIGN TELLING I WILL DO IT AND HE KEPT MY MONEY FOR THREE DAYS IN MIDDLE MY ACCNO. IS 2268264545 IN THIS ACC WHICH MONEY SHOULD BE TRANSFER IN 10 IT CAME AFTER 5 DAY ON 15 I HAVE TO PAY MONEY FOR OPERATION FEE ON 14 WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR IT BANK OR BAD ORGANISATION CONTROL OF BANK BRANCH MANAGER

sunil sharma1986 Guest

Default complane for gruh finance for two time process fess

i paid 5100/- gruh finance @@@@hidham,for lone process fess,but lone note done,then lone note done,i want return my paper, for other bank purpose,then gruh said Rs-2100/ pay our engineer fess.then we return your paper.i am poor men ,i can not pay two time process fees.pls help

sunil sharma1986 Guest

Default complane for gruh finance for two time process fess

09726761509 my con.no.

Default Rude and very unsocial behaviour of Branch manager of bhagwatipur branch,Bihar

Hi team,
    I am Nikki working in kolkata.
    Regret to say that I am facing very difficulties because of very rude
    and unsocial behaviour of the branch manager of SBI bhagwatipur
    branch.
    I took an education loan of around Rs 2,60000 for my BE during year
    2009-2012.Now it is around 3.4 lackhs including all the interest.I am
    working in cognizant technology solution(IT company) since Apr 25th
    2013.My salary is Rs 20410 pm.I have started repaying Rs 7000 pm from
    this month ie Nov 2013.
    I am very dissappointed to say that without any information to me or
    my father(guaranter) the branch manager has locked my father's account
    saying that you have to pay the loan first and you cannot delay
    anymore.
    Because of which my father is sufferring from a big loss and mental harrassment.
    Is this the right way that a reputed bank like SBI should treat their customer.
    I expect to get an early response from you.
    I tried to reach them through their customer care number also but none
    of them were available.