I, Paras Gupta, am customer of Airtel digital Tv since past 2 years and each year I have faced similar issues. Last year I did not pay much heed to it, but I now have realized that these DTH companies are looting us and we need to do something about this. So this year, I am gearing up to take legal action against them. Below is the description of my issue faced this during past 11 months.

Issue Description:
I renewed my connection on 27th March 2016, DigitalTV ID 3016488846-001 with Rs. 4752 for Mega Standard 11M+M pack and DigitalTV ID 3016488846-002 with Rs. 3012 (discounted price on second Tv connection for same pack).
Firstly, they have revised prices in mid-of the season and accordingly my 12 month subscription has been reduced and my connection will be suspended from 17th Feb 2017. I.e. subscription reduced to 10.5 months from 12 months.
Secondly, they have activated few Top-up packs on my connections without my consent or request. I wrote emails to them as the customer care is never reachable. To my emails, I have received responses such as, “packs are activated with customers request and consent only; this has been confirmed by our customer care”. When I ask for proof and call recordings, they ask me to get in touch with customer care, which is never reachable.
Action Sought:
Firstly, I want my complete 12 month subscription on both my connections as promised on 27th March 2016.
Secondly, I want refund for all the top-ups activated without my i.e. customer’s consent.
Thirdly, I request you to compensate me with an amount of Rs.10, 000/- for the extreme stress and mental agony and time wasted by the customer care unavailability and unacceptable responses.
In case you fail to take these steps within 15 days from the date of this letter, I would be forced to:
● Ask my lawyers to file a consumer complaint against you for gross negligence, lethargic conduct and deficient service, as well as additional compensation for mental agony and legal costs;
● Ask my lawyers to consider the filing of a civil suit against your organization;
● Start a sustained online campaign spreading the word about the appalling level of service that I have received from you; and
● Issue press releases online and in the print media.
I hope that I do not have to take these steps and look forward to an amicable resolution of this issue.