Thread: Airtel Digital TV prepaid recharged but unavailable subscription

Oct 2014

Angry Airtel Digital TV prepaid recharged but unavailable subscription

I have recharged my airtel digital TV through net banking. After getting successful payment message & processing message I am unable to avail my subscription. My registration ID is 3008379163. I have recharged 275 rupees on 6th May,2016 at 00:03 am. If you have this kind of facility for the customer then there so many options for me to change my subscription. If this problem continues then I have to complain in consumer Court. I have complained in airtel digital tv portal. The reference no. - DT050800012. But still i am unable to avail the subscription and they are charging the amount from my prepaid account without proving any kind of services. I am totally getting frustrated with this kind of service.

Saugata Chakraborty
    Ph. No.- 8444979002

Dear Ms. Chakraborty,

This is with reference to your post dated 14 May 2016.

We would like to acknowledge that we are working to address your concern as soon as possible.

We will connect with you to get additional details, if required, to resolve the concern effectively.

You can also get in touch with us at airtel.presence@airtel.com

Akanksha Singh
    airtelpresence (airtel customer service team)
    bharti airtel ltd
    airtel.presence@airtel.com
    Connect with us 24X7. We will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

I, Paras Gupta, am customer of Airtel digital Tv since past 2 years and each year I have faced similar issues. Last year I did not pay much heed to it, but I now have realized that these DTH companies are looting us and we need to do something about this. So this year, I am gearing up to take legal action against them. Below is the description of my issue faced this during past 11 months.

Issue Description:
    I renewed my connection on 27th March 2016, DigitalTV ID 3016488846-001 with Rs. 4752 for Mega Standard 11M+M pack and DigitalTV ID 3016488846-002 with Rs. 3012 (discounted price on second Tv connection for same pack).
    Firstly, they have revised prices in mid-of the season and accordingly my 12 month subscription has been reduced and my connection will be suspended from 17th Feb 2017. I.e. subscription reduced to 10.5 months from 12 months.
    Secondly, they have activated few Top-up packs on my connections without my consent or request. I wrote emails to them as the customer care is never reachable. To my emails, I have received responses such as, “packs are activated with customers request and consent only; this has been confirmed by our customer care”. When I ask for proof and call recordings, they ask me to get in touch with customer care, which is never reachable.
    Action Sought:
    Firstly, I want my complete 12 month subscription on both my connections as promised on 27th March 2016.
    Secondly, I want refund for all the top-ups activated without my i.e. customer’s consent.
    Thirdly, I request you to compensate me with an amount of Rs.10, 000/- for the extreme stress and mental agony and time wasted by the customer care unavailability and unacceptable responses.
    In case you fail to take these steps within 15 days from the date of this letter, I would be forced to:
    ● Ask my lawyers to file a consumer complaint against you for gross negligence, lethargic conduct and deficient service, as well as additional compensation for mental agony and legal costs;
    ● Ask my lawyers to consider the filing of a civil suit against your organization;
    ● Start a sustained online campaign spreading the word about the appalling level of service that I have received from you; and
    ● Issue press releases online and in the print media.
    I hope that I do not have to take these steps and look forward to an amicable resolution of this issue.

Feb 2013

My subscription id is 3015833091 in Airtel Digitel TV.
    I had Purchased a pack of 2 years for Rs. 5300 approx. in Feb 2015 But only after 10 months i.e. Oct 2015 they changed the channel list and deleted my favorite channels so the service became useless to me as a person can only watch 5-10 channels only and if they are not there then TV possess no importance.

So I called the customer care and they said that those channels will not be added again so I could change my subscription to any other DTH service and they would refund my remaining 14 months value to me.

Now its more than a year has passed and I have called there customer care more than 50 times and every time they say my issue would be solved. I even have recording of my talks with their senior representatives of 2-3 times.
    and lastly they said that they have paid me by cheque which they never tell where they did send this..

I feel cheated, frustrated and fed up..

my complaint # issued initially is47863940 on Nov 1 2015 for disconnection and 47895398 for refund related on 3-11-15,.
    then in March 2016 I enquired again with reference # 50448533 dated 21-03-16 which they claim to be resolved on 31-03-16 and so there is a long list like this..

they are so arrogant that they never call me or reply to my emails..
    moreover their customer care # is also not toll free so calling them and tolerating those computerized channels is a mental torture and financial burden..

they are a bunch of crooks and cheat.

Even I threatened and warned them that I will go to consumer court many times but these shameless people have no fear of law.. I can produce the recordings of talks with their representatives whenever required..

All I want is justice. Please help me..
    I want my hard earned money back with interest and also compensation for mental torture and frustration they have caused to me..

Last Post: 12-17-2014, 09:19 PM