Thread: Complaint against HDFC Bank and HDFC Credit Cards

Thumbs down Complaint against HDFC Bank and HDFC Credit Cards

I held a HDFC Bank account since 2004 and a HDFC credit card since 2006 which I closed in September 2008. My credit card number 4346781100140912 was under settlement between April and September 2008. I honoured the settlement to its entirety as per the stipulated schedule. However, from May 2009 I started receiving calls from your bank's collection agents using verbally abusive and derogatory language asking me to pay the oustanding amounts even after paying the entire settlement amount.

The bank also deducted an additional amount of Rs 7018.10 (Rupees Seven Thousand Eighteen and Ten Paise Only) on 21st May 2009. However, the harassment did not end there and it continued.

On the 17th of September 2009, I got a call from Mr. Sandeep on behalf of your bank who assured me that the entire outstanding against the above mentioned card would be nullified provided I pay Rs 3100 (Rupees Three Thousand One Hundred Only). For safety purposes, I have a recorded clip of my conversation with Mr. Sandeep.

Post the conversation I deposited the said amount of Rs 3100 (Rupees Three Thousand One Hundred Only) on the 19th of September 2009 through NetBanking.

However, HDFC bank does not seize to harass me mentally and the entire amount of Rs 7250.36 (Rupees Seven Thousand Two Hundred Fifty and Thirty Six Paise Only) in my account has been held by the bank.

Because of this the EMI's that were due did not get withdrawn as stipulated leading to a financial loss of Rs. 200 (Cheque Return Charges) and a further of Rs 350 (EMI Late Payment Charges) and unimaginable mental harassment and torture.

To sort out such kind of Banking complaints, you will have to send a written complaint to the Head Office of the concerned Bank and wait for the response for near 15 to 20 days. If the Bank fails to provide you any help in that time frame then you can send your written complaint to the RBIs Banking Ombudsman division.

Default over charging and irregularaties of credit card

I had appllied and received a credit cards from HDFC bank . they hadn't properly intructed me in the mean time i didn't get my cards bills, i noticed from SMS that company had heavyly charged me unnecessarily. I requested for bills again and when i received the bills, i was shocked to see an amount of Rs.2000/- charged me unnecessarily. i complaint for that ammount but they told me to deposit Rs. 2500/- in credit cards account then we will waive off your Rs.2000/- (charged ammount) and that time i had deposited Rs.3000/- in my credit card account and they waived off that particular ammount. in the mean while(April2009) i had visited chandigarh and done some shopping but i realized that time my card not activated from them. when i came back after one week and called recovery centre for activation of my card. that time my due ammount was near about Rs.20000/- inclueded all charges. because my card was not activated hence i didn't deposit any money.

I was asked from recovery side to deposit Rs.1000/- but it was not sure wheather my card will be activated or not.but still i was ready to deposit the amount but due to my personal commitment it delayed one or two days and same time i recieved a call from recovery side and she misbehaived me and quoted me " AGAR APKI AUKAT NAHI THI VAPIS KARNE KI TO PAISE KYO KHARCH KIYE " to this i got annoyed and didn't deposit any money. then i recieved a call from RITIKA from recovery agency and she appolozied on behalf of her. then i deposited Rs.1100/- on her request in my account and she promised me waivedoff all the charges and activate card also within 15 days.

Nobody ask me up for a month thereafter. then i received a call again from RITIKA and she asked me a deposit balance amount. I required about the waived off charges which was pending a fault from them and i again requested card which was not done. she declined to give any waiver and insisted me to deposit the money.

then after a month a representative of recovery channel came with the due amount of Rs. 28000/-. He asked me for submit Rs. 5000/- and sattle for card acount. But I Refused for the same.

After few days,I received a letter form their Credit Card legal cell and immediatly I called up their mentioned number but same she didn't give me good response and she told me that your card will not be activated and if didn't deposit their full amount you will not get any banking service from HDFC. I was very tense that time and i didn't understand, what to do now. I again received a letter from HDFC BANK and mentioned their Mr. LALIT no.09317782417. I called up his no. and discussed all that things which was happend during that period. he promised me to clear all the dispute and sattle with Rs.20000/ but after two month I've also one opend new salary account in HDFC BANK and Credit Card department Hold my salary which was company cradited Rs.25,204/- on 30th july. after that i again called up to Lalit, he told me that i couln't help you but do one thing to call bank help no.9815331111 and registered your compaint now. I call up their they told we didn't handle cradit cards queries so ragistered your compaint on credit card centre01724694332.I ragistered my complaint their and Executive MEGHA told me that someone call you from our side within two days. when i didn't get any call from their side,I again called up and another Executive DEEPALI told me same wording. Nobody call me and I have received a letter from HDFC CREDIT CARDS DIVISION. And my balance amount is within one year 38,405.98 I shocked to see their amount and realized bank charge me up to 50%. now they want to sattle with me hold that my particular amount Rs.25,204.00 but also said if you will not pay your all pending amount, always you will be defaulter of bank and will not get any any banking services.

Sir, I was discussing all that dispute regarding card with mr. Lalit from last two month.and he promised to resolved all dispute all. But now I realized they don't want to resolve my queries. they only want to hold my accout amount that why banks hold my amount without taking any explanation from me and hold my account if i didn't give any answer to them, credit card cell debit all amount 25204/-from my account without any explanationon dated 14/08/2010. bank didn't realized their fault. kindly resolve my problem as soon as possible.

kamal Sahni

City- Pathankot
    State- Punjab
    Mob.-(09463970315)
    Email- sahni.kamal@gmail.com
    Credit Card No--4346781003755956
    Hold Account No.- 05721610026976 ( Hdfc Bank Gurgaon)

HDFC Bank Guest

Default Response - over charging and irregularaties of credit card

kamal Sahni

City- Pathankot
    State- Punjab
    Mob.-(09463970315)
    Email- sahni.kamal@gmail.com
    Credit Card No--4346781003755956
    Hold Account No.- 05721610026976 ( Hdfc Bank Gurgaon)
    Dear Mr Sahni,

A bank representative is currently investigating this matter and will shortly contact you to resolve the issues of your dues. We request you to bear with us while we try and sort out this matter as quickly as possible. In the interim, should you wish to contact the bank, we request you to write to us directly at talktous@hdfcbank.com with the reference id TTU00087211082010.

We would additionally like to caution you against posting sensitive information such as your account and credit card numbers on a public forum such as this, as it may lead to your account being compromised.

Regards, Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank

I have a credit card with hdfc for the last 2 years. The credit card company provided me health insurance in the name of Bajaj Allianze which is now HDFC ergo. While renewing the Insurance, HDFC ergo customer care promised to waive off Rs.3500+ finance charges on my hdfc cc, if i renewed with them as i found hdfc ergo premium too high in comparison with other policies.They promised that the reversal will be done in any of the 2 following statements, which did not happen. As a mark of protest, i stopped paying the credit card dues which include only the mediclaim premium. Now, i am even ready to pay off any balance with them on the condition that they issue me a letter beforehand that my name will be removed from CIBIL or any concerned authority defaulter list, but HDFC CC dept. is not ready to issue such a letter.I request you to guide me for the same

HDFC Bank Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kunalthecancerian View Post
    Dear customer,

We would like to investigate this complaint further - request you to write in to us at talktous@hdfcbank.com with your credit card number, insurance policy number, contact details and the reference id TTU00087412082010. A bank representative shall contact you as soon as we receive this information.

udaypratap123 Guest

Default card have no correct expiry date

hi ....
    my card no. is 5264-1902-0425-7892, i recently found that card dont have exact expiry date.
    plz provide it at my maiil.

Quote Originally Posted by udaypratap123 View Post
    hi ....
    plz provide it at my maiil.
    Dear customer,

We confirm that the expiry date mentioned on your card is in the MM/YY format.The card is valid up to the last date of the month mentioned on your card. We also request you not to post sensitive information such as your card number on a public forum such as this, as it may lead to your account being compromised.

Exclamation ergo mediclaim policy

i got my credit card 3 months before. i dont know much about that. they called and told like one policy is activated like that in the beginning. for last three months.i called customer care and to cancel that. from the first month itself they said like its already cancelled. now it comes around 1700. one day i go directly to bank and cancelled that. now it says like i have to pay the three months premium along with 30% of 4500 something. i dont know about these things... now when i ask about customer care. they didnt respond me. they just cut my call or take the phone and didnt speak. its too irritating. if there is thing to pay like this. why you didnt tell to customer before taking the policy itself. its really feels cheating me. now i decided to cancel my credit card.

tell me the procedure to cancel my credit card. i want to cancel it soon before u charge more.

Angry Unwanted Calls for HDFC credit card

Hi, 'am Navaid Siddiqui from New Delhi, I've been getting unwanted calls for issuance of credit card from HDFC bank on my no.9560099302 since long. Today it was on extreme, I've received call thrice within a span of 4 to 5 hours, though I'd refused everytime but last call from 011-47611914 was very weird when i said i'll lodge a complaint against you (the guy named himself as Naveen) he started abusing me and both of us used foul language later on I got a call from no. 011-47611914 the gentleman calling from this number named himself as Mr.Deepak and titled as Sr. Manager of HDFC bank, he started abusing stating that why i was fighting with his colleague and later on he threatened me also.
    It is my sincere/genuine request to customer care deptt. of HDFC bank to take serious action against such employees who do not behave properly with customers. Am very old customer of bank, taken a PL & using credit card also, since am using all the services of bank it is your responsibility now to take strict action against these callers, whether they are from bank or dsa/csa/franchisee. If i'll not get revertal in a week's time 'am going to escalate this subject to higher authorities, if required i'll go to consumer forum, court & media too. I just want to understand when calling of promotional offers is banned then why these callers are giving such frequent calls even though i had refused for the offers 'coz am already holding HDFC Bank credit card.

Warm Regards

Navaid Siddiqui

Warm Regards

Navaid Siddiqui

Dear Mr Siddiqui,

Request you to write to us at talktous@hdfcbank.com with reference ID TTU000295411042011, your a/c no if any and contact details. We will take up the matter with the concerned team.

P. Siva Sankar Guest

Default Holding Rs.10500 without prior intimation against Credit Card

I, P. Siva Sankar is an existing HDFC Bank Customer and i would like to bring to your kind notice that Rs.10500 has been blocked at my HDFC Salary Account without any prior intimation. I have contacted HDFC Customer Care and i was told that has been blocked against my one month credit dues and while i insistem them to know their rights to block customer account without prior intimation i have not gotton any proper response.

Quote Originally Posted by P. Siva Sankar View Post

Dear Mr Siva Sankar,

We would need a few additional details from you to assist you further on this matter. Request you to write to talktous@hdfcbank.com with your credit card number, contact details and the reference id TTU000296313042011. A bank representative shall contact you once we receive this information and help resolve the matter of your dues at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by P. Siva Sankar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HDFC Bank View Post

Dear customer,

Trust your issue has been resolved satisfactorily. Should you face any issues in the future, we request you to contact us through our designated customer service channels such as our phonebanking service or the contact form on our website.

1. HDFC Credit Cards