Thread: HUL's Pureit Marvella - Poor product - No Service

Vinay Rajure is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2012

Thumbs down HUL's Pureit Marvella - Poor product - No Service

We purchased Hindustan Unilever’s Pureit Marvella on 7th of July. Within a week it started giving trouble. There was a leakage from near the Jug. No water purification was happening. Out of busy schedule I called up at midnight 2AM on 17th of July on the toll free number 18601801000 a logged a complaint.

1. 17th July - It was told to me that problem will be resolved in 48 hours.
    2. 18th of July - Second day I did a follow-up call to know the status again I was told to wait till 48 hours.
    3. 19th of July Third day I did a follow-up call considering that 48 hours are over. First shock – It was told to me that the 48 hours are counted after the first 24 hours of the day of the complaint.
    4. 20th of July - Well again I wait for a day finally I got a call from a gentlemen while I was on the way to office. I requested him to please come in the evening or tomorrow since its off. He never did a call back.
    5. 21st of July – Called up the gentlemen to please come and fix the issue. He told me that he is busy in other things whole day and will come by evening 5-6PM. I wait whole day and called his number at 4.30PM it was ‘not reachable’. Again tried calling 5 times between 5 to 6PM – ‘not reachable’.
    6. Again I called up Pureit tool free number to inform the issue. Got a shock of the life. They told me that the complaint was raised on 19th of July when it was actually on 17th of July. That means I have to wait till another 24 + 48 hours. WoW. I said Mr. pureit expert if the issue is not resolved by today I will go to consumer court. Then he assured me that the problem will be resolved by 8PM anyhow. Happy.
    7. Waited till 7.45 again I called the Pureit helpline number to get one more shock that there are two accounts in my name and there are two complaints. (God or only Pureit knows how this happened). Well after lot of shouting the gentlemen gave the phone to his TL / Manager he told me that the problem will be solved by tomorrow (usual answer). I said tomorrow is Sunday he said oh ok then on Monday. Wow what a professional approach!. Well he gave a number of some ‘Renu enterprises’ who guy was supposed the fix the issue. I called that number - no response.

In the entire communication It was like felling like I was talking to a next door company and not the Hindustan Unilever’s Pureit service department. Still the problem is also not resolved. I hope somebody from Pureit will take the responsibility of this and take it as a complaint and feedback. I think I should check with my lawyer on a way to get it compensated soon.
    I am writing an email to GM of water division hoping to address the concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinay Rajure View Post

1. 17th July - It was told to me that problem will be resolved in 48 hours.

I am writing an email to GM of water division hoping to address the concern.

And the story continues..

22nd July - One Gentlemen from HUL PuerIT called up in the morning and somehow reached home by evening. Happy to visualize that finally the problem will resolve. He came in saw the water filter and said sorry I cant repair this since I am expert in repairing some other standard filters. Hats off to the shamelessness of this And to add to this a day before I got an SMS that the your complaint is resolved please respond with whether you are satisfied with the service. On top of it there is no reply to the email written to the GM of the water purifier section...... What a customer care ..!
    I would like to give an Oscar award for most pathetic service given to a customer. Would anybody from the organization would like come forward and take award?

1. Pureit Marvella - Poor Product - No service