Thread: Book My Holidays (Bag It Today) have been cheating us

Default Book My Holidays (Bag It Today) have been cheating us

My name is Mitesh Nandu, resident of Mumbai.

I was referred about Book My Holidays (Bag It Today) by a friend of mine.

My friend had suggested my name to become a member of Book My Holidays (Bag It Today).

I received a call from them & they explained me about their membership & benefits.

I was happy with the scheme & registered myself being a member with them by paying Rs. 7000 by my Credit Card.

I suggested around 5 more friends to become a member with them & all of them ended up paying Rs. 7000/ each for becoming the member.

The scheme was : All booking request made has to be 30 - 45 days in advance (30 Days of
    booking abroad.

We did the same & now we have no reply from them till date about the confirmation. We tried calling Manish who had offered us the scheme is not coming on Phone & answering the call. ( booking date : 19th March, 2011)

We called so many times on Customer Services: + 91 120- 6182100, but every time we get a different answer & till date we donít have any answer on our request.

We emailed them so many times & also complained about the same, but there is no proper reply from their end.

Somehow we got Manish on phone & informed that you are not fulfilling your commitments which you had committed & mentioned on email also.

We also told him that we shall be filing case against you & take your company to consumer court, but he sounded arrogant & challenged us to do whatever you want.

I am really frustrated calling & emailing them, with no response from their end. I would request you to please take strict action against them & see to it that they do not make other innocent citizens of India fall prey to their devious methods of cheating people with false information.

Mitesh Nandu
    +91 9820 400 398
    nandu.mitesh@gmail.com

----Original Message-----
    From: bookurholiday [mailto:bookurholiday@bagittoday.com]
    Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 1:54 PM
    To: alpesh@eurorealtors.in
    Subject: INDIA TODAY - Book Your Holidays Now !!!

Greetings of the day!!

We are delighted to inform you about Bag It Today (Book My Holiday) holiday
    offer running in your area these days. The holiday club of the millions of
    people who know that Bag It Today will help them define their entertainment
    experiences and deliver the best holidays.

As per our telephonic conversation, please see below the details of the
    membership offer:

1. This offer is valid for 4 members.

2. The Voucher will be valid for a period of 12 months.

3. All booking request made has to be 30 - 45 days in advance (30 Days of

4. Voucher will entitle the customer for 7 Nights and 8 days of
    accommodation in our listed 3 - 5 star properties around the world.

5. Voucher can be used anytime of the year except from 20th Dec - 7th Jan
    due to high occupancy.

Attached is the resort list for your reference:

Offer Price: Rs. 7750 (Rs. 7000 to be paid upfront through credit card on
    IVR and Rs. 750 to be paid at the time of booking through Demand Draft).

Mode of payment through Credit Card by IVR System.

If you need any further help feel free to contact us on +91 120- 6182100
    from Mon to Sat.

Hope you will like this and give us an opportunity to serve you.

Warm Regards As Always,
    ------------------------------
    Manish
    Sales & Promotions Team
    Book My Holidays (Bag It Today)
    Customer Servives: + 91 120- 6182100

India is offline Senior Member
    May 2010

We have come across your online complaint registered on consumercourt.in

We apologies for inconvenience cause to you.

With reference to your mail, we would like to inform you that we have forwarded your complaint to the concerned department and shall revert to you as soon as we get revert from them we shall get back to you.

We shall be happy to render any further assistance or clarification that you may require.

We value your association with Bag it today and thank you for your patronage & co-operation.

For any further query or assistance, please feel free to write us on onlinesupport@bagittoday.com

We would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE SUPPORT whenever you e-mail us for the quicker response.

Please note our new customer care number is now – 0120-4112424

Sonu Kumar
    Team, Bagit Today.

Dear Sonu,

Thank you for your email & call today.

Please be informed that we had sent filled form for booking before 45days in order to stay in the hotel chosen by us & get confirmation without any hassle.

Secondly, there was no reply till almost 15days from your team after calling them 100 times n emailing them.

Every time a new person comes on phone we explain him our problem n every time a new reply, even on customer service.

There is no proper customer service, no email address for complaining, no website, this is not the way a company works.

I had also emailed onlinesupport@bagittoday.com earlier, but there was no response.

It is for sure that your company is working with the motive of making people fool, as while taking membership all your sales executives are giving offer which is not valid & later we have to accept what your company offers.

Lately, they also mentioned I have to pay utility charges, which shall be charges for electricity, beds, chairs etc. of the room.

I argued I have a scheme where the stay is by your company, they mentioned stay is free, but you will have to pay electricity charges. Have you ever seen or heard such type of scheme.

I want refund for all the membership done through me & that also on highest priority.

I would also request court to take some action against your company, as your company is just making people fool.

Mitesh

Dear Sonu,

You were suppose to revert back, but still have not replied.

Mitesh

Thumbs down fraud by ur representative raj n his senior amit

bXagitindia team
    i lay these few lines to register my protest cheated by ur employee raj who told me to purchase dimonds and black berry phone n iwould be eligible for gurnteed 5lacs .ihad to pay 18999 through credit card but i told him that i would like to pay in instalment n he assured me that he would be deducting only the instalment which was calculated with 12months.but to my surprise he had the whole money deducted from card above it he tried to get more money out of it thrice but due to insufficient funds transaction wa not done n wen i enquired he assured me the rest of the would be returned withi 24hrs but it was never returned i brought thematter to his senior narreted the whole story on his personell mobileno. which ws given by raj if incase i want know something more the no. was of amit 09911374625 he assured me of settling theatter but later on he also stoped picking his no. i doubt the integrety of ur organisation it looks likes a bunch of thieves are cheating people.i may tell u i am working with dy.chief minister as his pro. it might not be difficult to catch these people are cheating innocent peoples of this country as i have the personnel no. of amit. u r as such reqested to look n call me at the earliest by senior officer to avoid any inconvience.
    gurjeet singh
    mobile 9419192478
    my given id 1005256808

jhshah48 is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2011

Thumbs down book my holiday (bag it today) india today affordable sales promotion

My name is jimit shah, from bhavnagar gujarat

booking abroad.

We did the same & now we have no reply from them till date about the confirmation. We tried calling sanjana who had offered us the scheme is not coming on Phone & answering the call. ( booking date : 11th july, 2011)

Somehow we got sanjana on phone & informed that you are not fulfilling your commitments which you had committed & mentioned on email also.

jimit shah
    +91 9427773333
    jhshah87@gmail.com

----Original Message-----
    From: bookurholiday [mailto:bookurholiday@bagittoday.com]
    Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 1:54 PM
    To: alpesh@eurorealtors.in
    Subject: INDIA TODAY - Book Your Holidays Now !!!

Greetings of the day!!

We are delighted to inform you about Bag It Today (Book My Holiday) holiday
    offer running in your area these days. The holiday club of the millions of
    people who know that Bag It Today will help them define their entertainment
    experiences and deliver the best holidays.

As per our telephonic conversation, please see below the details of the
    membership offer:

1. This offer is valid for 4 members.

2. The Voucher will be valid for a period of 12 months.

3. All booking request made has to be 30 - 45 days in advance (30 Days of

4. Voucher will entitle the customer for 7 Nights and 8 days of
    accommodation in our listed 3 - 5 star properties around the world.

5. Voucher can be used anytime of the year except from 20th Dec - 7th Jan
    due to high occupancy.

Attached is the resort list for your reference:

Offer Price: Rs. 7750 (Rs. 7000 to be paid upfront through credit card on
    IVR and Rs. 750 to be paid at the time of booking through Demand Draft).

Mode of payment through Credit Card by IVR System.

If you need any further help feel free to contact us on +91 120- 6182100
    from Mon to Sat.

Hope you will like this and give us an opportunity to serve you.

Warm Regards As Always,
    ------------------------------
    sanjana shrivastava
    Sales & Promotions Team
    Book My Holidays (Bag It Today)
    Customer Servives: + 91 120- 6182100

meshwetaj is offline Junior Member

Default Book My Holidays..how can so many people be cheated and the company still exists!

HI Mitesh/ Jimit / Gurjeet,
    Did any of ur complaints get anywhere? was there any redressal from India Today?
    i have the exact same story. We have been chasing the company for over 3 months. We've yelled screamed shouted at a whole bunch of jokers...each time a new person who speaks to us.
    Gaurav Jain - had our booking details but said the hotel list has now been revised. when called back, the number keeps ringing out after holding the line for 15 mins
    Vikas Chaudhary - had no clue about our booking, gave us his senior's email ID - one Dominic Savio who refused to come on line and asked us to send yet another email
    Pradeep Kumar - couldn't even retrieve our details on his system
    Ashu - spoke to me for a minute and then conveniently silenced the call before i could finish my story

the list is endless..
    We've wasted about 15k on two such subscriptions and no solution still in view.
    What I fail to understand is how does a company like this continue to operate despite so many people having the same experience. I have not come across anyone who's actually gone on one of these "affordable" holidays.
    I really appeal to everyone on this forum and the team that manages these complaints to take immediate action against these people. I would like to be a part of any legal / police action to be taken against them.

Sanjana / Manish / Ashu / Gaurav / Vikas / Dominic, i'm waiting to see you guys in Jail.

Shweta
    9820330203
    ketan_thaker likes this.

Default cheating and theft by bagittoday

It is high time that the directors of M/s India Today Pvt. Ltd and its subsidaries M/s Bagittoday Pvt. Ltd and M/s Affordable Sales Promotions Pvt. ltd are taken to task in the huge scam by cheating and theft of customers in the form of fraudlent holiday packages that are ficticious. The same amounts to cognisable offences under sections 379 and 420 of IPC. The complaint can be filed in the court where the customer is living and has made the payment, so no need to go to Noida or Delhi for filing of criminal complaint.
    Mr. E O Mendes
    +919823050102

chetan2656 Guest

Default bag it to day refund not recd

dear sir/madam
    i also recd call from bag it today(affordable holiday),regarding theyhave recd my package , but i have not yet recd any payment in my account kindly contact me immediately regarding payments.
    i am also attaching pod recd by us on email but they have not answered my email also.

reg ad no:BM057035421IN KINDLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AS YOU RECD DOCUMENT KINDLY SEND ME MY RS 7000 BACK ON MY CITIBANK CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT

CHETAN SHAH 9867711221
    RECIEPT OF REGD AD ATTACHED
    pod attached

dss@birlacement.com Guest

Thumbs down Book my holidays have been cheating us.

Book My Holidays (Bag It Today) have been cheating us
    My name is D S Sharma, resident of Chittorgarh, Rajasthan.

I was referred about Book My Holidays (Bag It Today) by a friend of mine.

I was happy with the scheme & registered myself being a member with them by paying Rs. 7000 by my Credit Card Mr. Jai Dixit from India Today Book Club has informed me to book a combo offer having more benefits therefore I booked one more membership by paying another Rs 7000/ i.e. total payment made was Rs 14000/ .

I suggested around 5-6 more friends to become a member with them & all of them ended up paying Rs. 7000/ each for becoming the member.

booking abroad.

We did the same & now we have no reply from them till date about the confirmation. We tried calling Mr. Jai Dixit & Ms Megha who had offered us the scheme is not coming on Phone & answering the call. ( booking August, 2011)

D S Sharma

vicky.rana07@gmail.com Guest

Default Not refund money & your staff behavoiur not good

Dear Sir/Madam

I Inform you last two back i send mail but no replied.I have purchase your Holiday pacakage on 31 Oct 2011 Mr.Jai Dixit Mr. Jai Dixit Mobile nos(09871303635 & 971114278100 had offered me the scheme that time I purchase only one Holiday pacakage and he decutted 7000Rs in my ATM card , I have receive message for my Account balance but next day he calls me again he tells me ur transction is not completed so you give me another ATM no and with in two days your money refundable then he decutted again 7000Rs .Next two days i am wating for my money back but he didn't transfer I tried to call him Lots of time but he is not coming on Phone & answering the call.Every time any another person receving Phone abd saya Mr. JAI is Busy or he is in the metting .I talk your Staff Aklihiesh or your manager Mr.Vishal. they are also same replied he is busy.Your company totaly corrupted company taoday evening i talk your another staff he is enjoying party and he says don't call this time I am in Party So d'nt disturb me. I am not Happy with your Staff and your Manager Vishal. They donot know how to talk with customers All are CHEATERS.I am wating for my money back AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.You send me my 7000Rs back or Other wise I dony want Your Holiday pacakage and you give me 14000Rs back.

VIKRANT RANA(8143049992)
    HYDERABAD

Default Fraud and cheating by telephone offer

My name is Meena D. Patel, from Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
    I received a phone call from BOOK MY HOLIDAYS (Bag It Today) & they explained me about their holidays offer, in which they claimed to India today group , that they offering me 7nights holidays, any where in Asia, India and world and they mentioned few resorts by paying Rs. 7000/.

I have paid Rs.7000 by using my debit card on 03/05/2011 with Transaction ID BIL/223049208/HOLIDYA/INDIATODAY.

To my surprise, I received an Invoice no : TRNPL/DLI/2011-2012/78261 .... Look at the number of people who have been Cheated during the year !! ) ) and a booklet from bag It today on 5-May-2011 with following details. I have also received emails for the same.

ORDER NO: 75049
    ORVER VALUE: RS. 7000/=
    ORDER DATE: 05-MAY-2011
    ORDER ID: 1005583669.
    TIN NO: 07220345574

As I have tried to enquired about your telecon offer and printed offer mismatch, I got very poor response. Later I referred on internet and found Bag It Today to be a Big Fraud.

One of my friend Booked two packages paying Rs 14000 /- while He received only One voucher worth 7000 /- after contacting on
    mobile numbers above, there was no response at all. Seems these mobile numbers are used only for outgoing calls to fool customers.

Once I was lucky enough and got Mr. Vikas on line, he disconnected the phone after realizing that to
    be a complaint call !!!!!!

This is a same experience with all other customer had and now we are going to file a legal case against Bag It Today for false promises, Incomplete documentation, Fraud, Cheating. With no official information on Hotels, destinations we have been charged thousands. This is a white collared robbery.

If experience at the beginning is such I canít imagine what could happen when you decide to book a Holiday and get no response / clue once you are landed in foreign land with family members. My appeal to all of you, don't go by soft and sweet words and false promises and gift offered at the time of bookings ( You be sure, you will never get it ) of the telemarketing guys from "Bag It Today" and pay a single rupee to them, you will respond like all of us.

I would request you to please take strict action against them & see to it that they do not make other innocent citizens of INDIA fall prey to their devious methods of cheating people with false information.

I look forward for to your support in solving this issue by getting my refund of Rs. 7000/= back as early as possible.

-Meena Patel.

Kunal Pareek is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2012

Default Fraud by Bag It Today

I am Kunal Pareek, resident of New Delhi.

The order id is 1004928563. Booking date: 04th April 2011

As per the scheme, the booking request was to be made 30 - 45 days in advance (30 Days of
    booking abroad).

I tried doing it but got no confirmation from the Bag It Today group. I even tried the executive , Ms. Priya, who had sold the product but to no avail.
    I also called on their Customer Services no.: + 91 120- 6182100, but every time I was asked to try again on one excuse or another and they did not have any answer on the status of my request. Lately, when I was trying to extend the date of my package due to their deficiencies, they have even stopped responding to the phone calls.

This is not expected from a company that is a part of the India Today Group. At least the money should be returned back if they are not able to fulfill their committments.
    Strict action should be taken and the culprits should be send behind bars.

Kunal

I am Kunal Pareek, resident of New Delhi.

I was referred about Book My Holidays (Bag It Today) by a friend of mine.

The order id is 1010394549.

booking abroad).

I tried doing it but got no confirmation from the Bag It Today group. I sent a filled form (as per their requirement) on 10th April 2012 which is about 63 days before travel (13th June 2012) the same was received in their office on 11th April Via POD no 800507071665 of FEDEX courier. When i called them they denied having received it and then again when i coud speak to them(its almost impossible to get their nos) they said they said my desired destination(Paris) is not available whereas they had mentioned 6 resorts in their offer. Its quite surprising and fishy.

This is not expected from a company that is a part of the India Today Group.
    Strict action should be taken and the culprits should be send behind bars.

Amit

A.V.PRASAD is offline Junior Member
    May 2012

My name is A.V.PRASAD. I have purchased four holiday packages from book my holidays paying 28,000rs of 7000rs each worth. The commitment by them was to provide 7n/8d 5 star [COLOR=#009900 !important]accommodation[/COLOR] at different destinations in across globe from [COLOR=#009900 !important]the list[/COLOR] of resorts which they sent me an email during [COLOR=#009900 !important]booking[/COLOR]. While now i want to take a benefit from it, i called [COLOR=#009900 !important]customer care[/COLOR] to book a room at my fav resort. Executive says those resorts are no more tie up with them and disconnecting call frequently. i have been calling them from past 2 months and upon listening my name they will disconnect my call. Kindly help me out with this issue. I sincerely request in you to get my money refunded from them.

With most pain hearted,