Thread: Makemytrip.com

Saujanya Kashyap Guest

Default Makemytrip.com

Dear All,

I am writing this letter to all the above with an intention to report the incident
    to the concerned authorities so that an action can be taken. And to reach people who
    are planning to take any kind of services from Make My Trip in India or abroad.

In the below passages I will write in detail about my experience with this
    unprofessional organization and how people involved in this organization mislead
    innocent customers and manipulate things. The whole incident took place between 15th
    Mar , 2009 – 14th April,2009

I am an NRI based in Dubai and was looking for a holiday package to Europe for a
    week’s duration. After going through many advertisements in the newspapers and
    websites I finally found a trip “European Highlights” being offered by makemytrip.com

This package was offered on their India website. Since I am based in Dubai ,I
    contacted their India office through their online chat option. I was serviced by a
    chat operator “Jitender Sharma”. He told me that I can avail the same offer from
    Dubai as well as they have an office there too. The office in Dubai is by the name
    of Apollo Flight Centre.

The very next day I called up Apollo Flight Center to enquire about the said
    package. I was serviced by a lady called “Gertrude Gachugu” , she asked me to visit
    their UAE based website makemytrip for further details. On visiting the site
    I got the below information:

Package Name – European Highlights
    Price - USD 1499 per person on twin sharing basis.
    Duration - 6 nights and 7 days.
    Departure Date - 25 July,2009

(Information as published on their website is saved in the document attached.)

The above package included the Air Fare , Hotel Accommodation , Sight Seeing , Meals
    and Guided Tours etc.

The above details suited my requirement; hence I contacted Ms Gertrude from Apollo
    Flight Centre to give me the final quote for 4 adults and 3 infants so that I can
    book the package. And this is where the whole PROBLEM started.

This lady was completely IGNORANT of the package/process and for more than a week
    she kept giving me different quotes and prices. Every time I used to ask for any
    additional information regarding the package, her previous quote would change
    without any reason. On asking why the rate has changed, she would have no answer.
    This was getting very irritating and confusing for me. During all this confusion I
    am being contacted by Mr. Malco Rodriguez (GM, Apollo Flight Centre) He apologized
    for the incorrect information being provided by his staff and assured me that in a
    day or two he will personally provide me with all the services that I require.

In spite of talking to Mr. Malco Rodriguez (GM, Apollo Flight Centre), there was no
    progress and for more than 7 days I still did not had a quote of the package.

Going through all this and still waiting, I decided to bring it to the notice of
    Mr. Deepak Kalra (CEO, makemytrip.com) , hoping that things would get streamlined.

I wrote my complete incident to Mr. Deepak Kalra (CEO, makemytrip.com) and copied
    Mr. Malco Rodriguez (GM, Apollo Flight Centre). Within half an hour I received a
    call from Mr. Malco Rodriguez (GM, Apollo Flight Centre).. He tried to pacify me and
    AG AIN apologized for everything that had gone wrong.

I would like to quote his words here “Mr. Kashyap, I would not be able to sleep
    until and unless I resolve your matter”.

Mr. Malco Rodriguez (GM, Apollo Flight Centre) asked me for a day’s time to resolve
    the issue. The next day I got a call from him that he had finalized the prices and
    everything but he would require another 2-3 hours to confirm on the departure dates.
    I had started to feel comfortable that now the things are speeding up but I was
    wrong. There was no communication from him since then till date.

Another 2-3 days passed and time was running. I had no clue what was going on as no
    one was in a position to help me out here. It had been approximately 10 days and
    till date I did not had the quote.

Seeing no response AG AIN from makemytrip.com Dubai office , I AG AIN wrote to Mr.
    Deepak Kalra (CEO, makemytrip.com).

This time I was contacted over the email by Ms Geeta Eral (Manager - Customer
    Delight, makemytrip.com). She apologized for all the inconvenience that I had to go
    through because of makemytrip.com and assured me that she will get back to me on
    resolving the issue ASAP. She also mentioned that I can write back to her for any
    issues directly. I thought that this time something will happen and I will finally
    be able to book a package for my family and friends but as earlier I was wrong.

Ms Geeta Eral did not replied to me for another 2-3 days . I was wondering what is
    happening on my issue. On writing back to Ms Geeta Eral for the status on my issue ,
    I got a reply that we are working out on the departure dates and it would take
    another 3-4 days for finalizing the same. I got really very irritated. I was unable
    to understand what they were trying to finalize ?? Everything that a customer needed
    was mentioned on the banner of their website. I was not asking for a customized
    package for myself but only what was mentioned on their website. I wrote back to Ms
    Geeta Eral (copying the CEO) strongly that why it is taking so long to book a
    package which is advertised on your website. I even asked her to let me know if
    their company was not in a position to offer the package as advertised on their
    website. I got no reply from her.

It had been around 15 days that I have been breaking my head with staff of
    makemytrip.com but no resolution.

After 20 days I am being contacted by Mr. Manoj Gagwani (Head International Business
    India , makemytrip.com).

As usual he ALSO apologized and gave me the same stories which I have already heard
    from Mr. Malco Rodriguez and Ms Geeta Eral. He asked me to give him 2-3 days and he
    will finalize everything and get back to me.

Even after a week there was no response from Mr. Manoj Gagwani (Head International
    Business India , makemytrip.com). I completely understood that they are just trying
    to fool customers and not in a position to offer what they have stated on their
    website.

I wrote my last mail to Mr. Deepak Kalra (CEO, makemytrip.com) copying all the above
    people with whom I have corresponded with. I clearly wrote that I will be
    highlighting this whole incident to the relevant authorities in India and UAE so
    that innocent customers are not cheated. But STILL there was no revert from anyone.

This clearly shows that they don’t have any respect for the law or for customers.

In the end I would like to strongly highlight/summarize the below points:

Ø Staff working in makemytrip.com unaware/ignorant of what their company is
    advertising.
    Ø Service level of makemytrip.com is far below the standards.
    Ø Misleading information being published on their website as well as brochures.

Ø Unable to provide what is being promised in the advertisements. This is an
    offense in the eyes of the law.
    Ø Lot of hidden cost not told to the customer at the time on enquiry, which is
    the reason prices keep changing every time.
    Ø Cheating Indian as well as foreign customers by their planned nexus.

It is my kind request to take this incident seriously and take strong action against
    such organizations who are looting customers money , breaking all the laws and still
    doing business.

I am only one of such thousand customers who had been mislead by makemytrip.com and
    have taken the initiative to write to the concerned authorities.

(Banners as advertised on makemytrip.com are attached in the document)

(All correspondence can be provided on requests to support the above incident)

Saujanya Kashyap
    Contact - 00971503767356

Angry

Saujanya kashyap is right .
    my name is Altaf Karjikar and i have been through a similar experience as so have the below people
    krdpravin@rediffmail.com
    atingupta2005@gmail.com
    their addresses were taken from google.com . you can find hundreds of people who have ben conned , cheated , duped of their money by makemytrip.com . Deepak karla is well aware of this ( since people do send him mails regarding this but still takes no action as he is the ultimate beneficary of the conned money , may God almighty repay him and his family in the right manner for taking money by cheating others .
    i booked a ticket by makemytrip.com ( pronounced as destroymytrip-and-take-mymoney.com ) for jetlite flight in India but did not get the ticket or get my money back.
    money paid but no ticket , i had to book alternate tickets from other flights .
    in case more such people are still looking to make complaints please lets form a community or some group to make sure this website is shutdown as soon as possible . please remember 1 person cannot make a diffrence alone but together the help of others we surely can do something to stop this nonsense. there is no harm in trying to get our own money back.
    Altaf Karjikar

Angry MakeMyTrip - Unprofessional and Cheats

I had booked a to & fro ticket from Bangalore to Pune from their website. After the payment is made get a mail that only the return journey (Pune to Bangalore) is booked but the forward journey (Bangalore to Pune) is not booked.

So I told them to cancel the whole thing since without a ticket to Pune what is the use of a return ticket. They inform me that only the forward journey can be refunded and not the return trip and that if I want to cancel it will have to pay the cancellation charges.

Basic COMMON SENSE will be first to book the forward journey and then the return journey. This experience leaves you feeling real cheated.

I have previously booked quite a few tickets from CLEARTRIP.com. Till now have had a very satisfying experience with them. I would seriously recommend people to use them rather than this cheat of a website.

preetis_53 is offline Junior Member
    Nov 2009

Default Makemytrip cheated me.

Hello Sir/Madam,

I had made hotel Bookings online on makemytrip site for the hotel Ayur country resort(3 star),Munnar,Cochin-kerala on 16th of november 2009.I ahd got a confirmation voucher immediately on that day itself and my money of 4846 got deducted.My checkin date for the hotel was 25th november 2009.Just before 2 days of checkin ie:23rd november i get a call saying that the hotel rooms are not available in Ayur country resort and the our stay is arranged in the same category hotel (Autumn trees) which is also a 3 star and a resort kind of a hotel.But all the information was false.It is 1 star hotel(kind of lodge.It will be wrong to say 1 star).Immediately i told them to give the refund back.They refused to do it saying that booking has been alrady done.They did the arrangement without consulting us and taking our preference.I tried calling them many times.They used to cut my calls once i used to tell them to cancel the booking and give the refund.

I have sent many mails to hotelservices@makemytrip.com.They have refused to give the money.

The concerned authorities,please look into my matter and take necessary actions.

Please assist me to take the matter further in the court.

Makemytrip is playing with the innocent people nad thier money.

thanks and regards,
    Preeti Shetty

Angry Make my trip (MMT) is cheater company.

I, Ritu Srivastava, has written 35mails to the company requesting to send my Make My Trip Voucher of amount Rs 5513/ (transaction). I booked that voucher on 22 October and so far I have not received that voucher and I am waiting for that. everytime your customer care
    executives say the same thing that "They have forwarded my request to concerned Department and they will get to me within 24 hours". So far, I have not received a single call from end and moreover they are not bothered about my voucher. My money has been stuck". They are just giving me false promises that i will receive voucher within 48 hours.

Last time I spoke to CCE on 2 of December and he stated the same thing. It has more than 45 days. This is sorry to say that I am bugged with all of sorry and excuses made by your company.

I dont know whether their concerned depart is sleeping or what they are doing. I want to bring this in front of CEO of Mr. Deepak Kalra (CEO, makemytrip.com). If anybody has his e-mail id, please give it to me.

My contact details are ritu.instablogs@gmail.com
    ritusrivastava_22@yahoo.co.in

VIKRAMJ2381 is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2009

Default makemytrip.com

Hi ,

i want a lwyer who can get me refund of money faster and some compensation on harrasment and mental agony.I booked tickets on my credit card on october 24 i got a reply that the tickets are booked and please make a payment to our Chandigarh office i made the payment through credit card immediately.then the same day acall came and said sir the tickets could not be booked and we will return your money in 10 days then the phone came sir we have available tickets to BRazil but you will have to pay 7000 more i made again the payments ,then suddenly someone called and told me that we will refund your money as tickets could not be booked. then i requested to let me know if there is till a ticket available on other date they told me that a ticket costing 64000 is available,i purchased them,

Somehow i had some visa issues and had to cancel the tickets they charged 9000 as penalty i agreed but the Customer care executive told me that the tickets were for 54425 not 64000 i was shocked then they said there is a escalation we have to sort it out and you will get acall from accounts ,For 1 week no one called i called them and they took my bank account number. i gave them that but again after 1 week no one called so i called gaian and one girl told me the case is still in escalation and you will receive in 5 days but still i have no payments.

If any lawyer is there please help me i am willing to pay 10 % of my payments and 50 % on compensation to the lawyer

Please contact me on 09878450460

Default The worst customer care at Makemytrip.com

Hi Sir/Madam

To tell in one line the worst customer service i have ever seen in my life is Makemytrip.com

The incident was i was trying to book a flight ticket in Paramount Airways on Jan First week.
    In the final process the website went down due to techincal errors. The money has been taken from ICICI Account.
    I called the customer care that night for more than 10 times but no one was giving a proper reply what happened to my money ?...
    Every time they were telling different answers..
    Finally next day one customer care person told makemytrip.com recieved my money and will book the tickets and sent a confrimatiom mails for the same.
    But agian after 2 hours i got call from another cutomer care person it was wrong message and you will recieve your money back within 72 Hours.
    So in this mean time i was happy that i booked my tickets but finally it didnt happen.....
    But when i called the cutomer care after 2 days the person was saying it will take another 7 business days, i was totally frustrated about the time i spent on makemytrip.com and the insecurity of my money for the same.I told him the experience and frustration i had with makemytrip.com for the whole incident and asked to connect the call to amanger when i asked to connect to the manager ,but this guy being a brillinat customer exceutive he put the call on hold for more than 10 minutes so that i will get farustrated and leave the Call.Great Thinking buddy ...
    That time i made sure that i will never open Makemttrip.com in my life.....
    I told all my friends,colleagues in my MNC company,relative please dont use makemytrip.com for any reason anymore

Default Makemytrip booking isue

I have faced the same issue as with Makemytrip's customer care. They have taken the money from my account and have not confirmed my flight tikcets yet...
    Not just that... though they are able to pull up the details of the booking, they refuse to acknowledge receipt of payment or confirmation of booking.
    Can anyone share the email id of their CEO Deep Kalra?

Vikramrajvijayan Guest

Thumbs down I would like to give you a tip, don't book through Make My Trip just pass it on guys.

Below is my complaint I sent on Feb 2nd, 2011 to Ms. Chadha from Make My Trip New York Office. I am waiting and still no action on it, I just cant believe this company is such a Unprofessional, uncaring, giving fraud service to its customers

November 25th I am browsing for booking a flight ticket to India one way. I am excited to finally meet my family after three and half years. After some friends recommendations I go to Make My trip web site. I go to see that it’s an Indian online travel booking company. It also says no. 1 choice for NRI, India's No. 1 Travel Company and a lot of other stuff. I say why not it’s my country’s company and I can trust them and I want my business to go to them. I went to the Chat option and start chatting with Mr. Sharma. Reference ID: [101125-025694] Chat session. I give him my travel details and also mention i need an airline ticket which do not require TRANSIT VISA. He acknowledges it and books me a flight on Kuwait Airlines and assures me that no transit visa is required, The flight will depart from JFK Airport to Mumbai and samll stop over in Kuwait for flight Change.
    MakeMyTrip Booking No. US1011B02251

December 23, 2010 I reach JFK airport, stand in line for boarding pass of Kuwait Airlines. I reached the counter and the agent tells me that the flight stops at London Heathrow Airport and I need a transit Visa for Britain to board. I am kind of shocked. I went ahead and spoke to the reservation manager at Kuwait Airlines Booking. He says the same thing. I tried explaining him that my booking agent from Make My Trip conformed me that I do not need a transit visa for this flight. But the reservation manager tells me that he can’t allow me to board the airlines. I call Make My Trip, the agent tells me that Make My Trip booking is right and the flight doesn’t need a Transit Visa and the agent mentions at no point I informed them in chat that I need a booking without a transit visa. I am kind of confused.
    The agent tells me that he would cancel my Kuwait airlines ticket and book me another flight. He books me at Jordanian Airlines which costs me $2381. MakeMyTrip Booking No.US1012B02117. I stand in the queue of Jordanian airlines, now Jordan Airlines reservation agent says that I need a transit visa for Abu Dhabi and refuses to give me boarding pass. I call make My Trip again. After all the chat, they cancel my booking on Jordanian Airlines and book me on Emirates Airlines MakeMyTrip Booking No : US1012B02117. This costs me more $300. Total Cost of Flight now is $3616 one way. ($935+$2381+$300)
    I arrived India and get sick for 3 days. The first thing I do is check my Chat Transcript of booking my on Kuwait airlines. In the chat I specifically mentioned the visa I hold and also went on to inform them that I do not need a flight ticket that needs a Transit Visa. The booking agent acknowledged it and booked me on Kuwait airlines.
    I contact Customer care of Make My Trip in India and they tell me that I have to chat with customer care on US website. In about 2 weeks or so I get my refund of $935.
    I contact Customer care though Chat. I explain the agent everything and told him that it wasn’t customer’s mistake if the booking agent booked a wrong flight after having all the information about the customer and specifically mentioning about the Visa Status. It was solely Make My Trip’s mistake of not having updated info of the flight they are booking there customers on. I also tell him that I am willing to be responsible for $935 which was my initial charges for my travel arrangements and my $2681 should be returned back to me. (Now after $935 refund I expect $1746 to be refunded back to me) The agent says Sir, the manager is not present right now and somebody will get back to me with a resolution in 48hrs. Reference ID: [110104-044888] Chat session Tuesday, January 4, 2011 6:33 AM.
    I contact customer care again for another 3 more times through chat and I do not get a resolution and I have been ignored and the agents were very unhelpful:
    Reference ID: [110108-006163] Chat session Friday, January 7, 2011 5:06 PM
    Reference ID: [110114-007214] Chat session Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:08 PM
    Reference ID: [110114-008458] Chat session Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:02 PM
    I have called 4 times on US website booking no. (1800INDIA10) to customer care of make my trip, I needed to talk to manager and the answer given to me was that the manager was busy and also not available. My calls were dropped and very unprofessionally handled and the agents spoke to me rudely.
    I belong to hospitality field, and I worked for hotels l like Hilton and Leela’s. I can’t believe such a reputed company can do this to a customer.
    I feel that I got cheated and there is no value of service rendered to me from Make My Trip. My reservation wasn't handled properly by Make My trip even though I made my travel plans way in advance and caused me lot of inconvenience.

I rate this business the worst business I have ever come across. I would rather take my business to Yatra or Travelocity web site.

Vikramraj Vijayan
    vikramrajvijayan@yahoo.com
    091 7259109484

Ramesh K N Guest

Default Make My Trip - Cheaters

Recently, just two weeks back, I had a confirmed ticket issued by Make My Trip for Bangalore - Bhubhaneshwar sector on Indigo airlines. But to my horror, Indigo officials told me that the ticket was ON HOLD and I missed an appointment with the governer of the state. Based on the advise of Make My Trip customer service support (Joke ?) executive, I booked the next immediate available flight paying extra sum over and above what I already had paid to Make My Trip. Till date, I am yet to get this refunded. No mails replied by them in the last 1 week and it appears that they have directed the mails to the JUNK folder !

Can anyone share the email ID of Mr.Deep Kalra, CEO of Make My Trip ?

Ramesh
    +91 9560521515

yktours@gmail.com Guest

Question ticket

dear respected sir,

im the user of the make my trip and a travelling agent im always booking from m.k.t. and also booking rail booking in very lease fair and my complain is not booking rail i dont no why is please give me replay.

from shaik hassan ali;

Default CAN ANYONE SHARE THE CONTACT DETAILS OF MR DEEP KALRA - Makemytrip has cheated us

I had booked a confirmed return ticket by Indigo through makemytrip website on 28th December 2010 for travel in February. I travelled the onward sector Hyd-Del on 18th Feb. I had to cancel the return sector on the 21st Feb - which my wife did by calling makemytrip about 5 hrs before departure of the flight. The ticket said it is a refundable fare and the call center person confirmed the same. An amount of approx Rs 3300 was to come as refund within 7 working days.
    By March 18th, when we checked our credit card statement - there was no refund. This was the beginning of a nightmare which is still on. After multiple calls and exchanges of emails we were curtly informed that the refund amount is only Rs 179 and that was credited into our HDFC credit card on the 22nd of March.
    We decided to get to the bottom of this matter and pursued with makemytrip. Everytime we were told that the matter would be escalated to a higher leval and that there was no supervisor available - pl call gain after 48-72 hrs...
    Finally, they agreed that there was amistake and they would credit the balance amount of approx Rs 2900 into our credit card - this happened around 23rd of March and the amount should reflect in our credit card in 5 working days.
    Today - 13th APril when we checked our cc statement - there is still no credit done by makemytrip for this amount. When we called them - we were shocked to hear that the amount has been credited on 23rd March itself and that they can't provide any further information - the matter will be escalated to higher authority - no supervisor is available - and finally they disconnected the call.

CAN ANYBODY SHARE THE CONTACT DETAILS OF MR DEEP KALRA WHO OWNS THIS COMPANY?? IS HE AWARE OF THE FRAUD THAT HAPPENS IN THIS COMPANY.

DRRAJENDRA Guest

Default unproffesional make my trip office at Nagpur

i had gone through all the complaints & mine is not different. Its the same story of unprofessional, cheating, unplanned, not keeping the words, irritating, looters office. You can name any worst kind of adjective for makemytrip & it will be still insufficient to rate their services. Recently I booked a family vacation in USA for 20 days & 19 nights. This booking was done on 3rd Feb & the tour date 3rd May. Till date in spite of paying every penny to them I still have not received final papers from them. Except air tickets I don't know who is going to welcome us in USA, where we will be staying? In spite of booking 3 months in advance because of their silly mistakes I had to cancel USA interview dates twice & finally appeared on 21st April barely a week before departure. But these people do not learn from their previous mistakes. Day after tomorrow we will be leaving our home town to board fight from Mumbai on 2nd May midnight. It's ridiculous that after paying hefty amount of almost 10,000,00 Rs to them they don't have any respect for their passengers.It seems not accepting the call, someone picking up the phone from office & telling that the concerned person is very busy is routine company etiquette all over the world. It's shameful that an Indian company is doing such kind of business. It's the only company I know who don't have any authority to complain. I think they should be awarded for creating one platform for all the employees & owners of makemytrip. Even Bil Gate, Mukesh Ambani, Laxmi Mittal are approachable surprisingly nobody knows how to reach Mr. Kalra.
    Hope my tour starts well on 3rd & ends well.My mother is very happy now a days & she has all the praise for makemytrip people since I started praying GOD first time in my life.

Thumbs down Make my trip a cheater company

I loged in the portal of make my trip where i have to book a airline ticket for my parents who have been stucked up in srinagar on 30th april 2011 because of AIR INDIA strike. So i thought i book a ticket fro delhi and send them a new ticket . And i was on make my trip portal where i booked a kingfisher flight for 1st may 2011 and the portal says the tickets are available for the kingfisher flight and i started filling the passenger list then the payment gateway, i punched the debit card gateway where they have taken the money of RS.8944 /- from account and then instead of receiving the ticket i have received :- noreply@makemytrip.com to me
    show details 1:21 PM (52 minutes ago)

Booking Unsuccessful
    MakeMyTrip Booking ID -NF252025427871
    Booking Date - Sat, 30 April 11

Mr SURESH BHATIA,

Your payment has been processed, however due to a technical error, the system was unable to confirm your booking. This is a rare occurrence and can happen when there is a sudden drop in seat availability on your chosen flight.

Your payment has been sent for refund processing and the same will be processed within the next 2 business days. We will send you a confirmation mailer once the refund is processed from our end.

We request you to make a fresh booking on a different flight. Please click here to look at all possible flight options for your selected travel date(s) and proceed with the booking.

Please refer to the FAQ section below on how to check the refund status of your transaction online.

We regret any inconvenience caused.

Team MakeMyTrip.com

Payment Details

Total FareRs. 8,944

Total Amount Charged (rounded) Rs. 8,944

Total Refund Amount Rs. 8,944

Note: Any discount or promotional offer, if availed, has been adjusted in the Total Amount Charged.
    Then i spoked to the customer service representative MR. SARABJEET SINGH who is no where right person to sit on the seat. he does not know how to speak to the customers. Then spoked to the team leader MS. MEGHA GOSWAMI AT GURGAON OFFICE SHE WAS NOT ABLE TO HELP ME. THIS IS A CHEATER COMPANY PLS DO NOT BOOK ANY TICKETS OR PACKAGES WITH MAKE MY TRIP. AND I REQUEST ME. DEEP KALRA TO IMPROVE HIS SERVICES.

Default Make my trip people are cheaters

I'am filing the complaint against Make my trip as their site is really pathetic and these people and their technical failures are costing the customers huge amounts.

I booked my tickets for Delhi -pune - delhi for my family , at the time of booking I got the time out error from their site and it was mentioned due to time out error your booking cannot be done please try after sometime so I went to Yatra.com to book the tickets and when I reached my Inbox I found that Make my trip has also given me mail for confirmation so I went to cancel booking I made via Make my trip and at that time they charged me 5250 Rs as cancellation charges , when I called them up they said that this could not be refunded as these are airline charges .

I paid them 5250 rs for nothing and for thing that was not my fault , it was their system error that has costed me this money , I'am filing this complaint so that other people are aware what kind of thieves these people are .

1. MakeMyTrip Refund not received