Thread: Cheated by Yatra.com

Default Cheated by Yatra.com

Hi I am Anand Shukla from mumbai.Few days back I got a call from Yatra.com regarding their discover the world holiday plan,they informed me that once I buy their offer for Rs. 8822/-, I will get the vouchers worth Rs. 40000 (Rs.18000 for international holiday & Rs. 22000/- for domestic holiday).I bought that holiday voucher and when I tried redeem that vouchers, booking department inform me that I can redeem only one voucher of worth Rs.1000 or holiday voucher of Rs.3500/-, which they had not told while selling.There are several terms and condition for redemption of their holiday vouchers, like you can't redeem online & need to call Yatra Booking agent, they gave me price of their airfare or hotel which was higher than normal price & told me to redeem one voucher.I told them what is the worth of redeeming voucher if I am paying more and getting discount.I called them many times but did not get a solution, they just told me our executive will get in touch with you, which happened few times but did not work out. I asked for my money back but they said they can't give. While selling their voucher Yatra.com salesman told me that I can redeem my voucher any time I just need to call him.I had planned to go Goa during Diwali vacation but due to this problem I could not go. Now I am very upset, not getting any solution from Yatra.com.Please give me solution.

Anand Shukla

amit_goyal is offline Junior Member
    Jan 2011

Default Cheated by Yatra.com for World Offer

Hi.
    This is Amit. One month back I got a call from Yatra.com agent and he told me about their world offer.
    As I was busy that day I told him to call me next day. He called on 24th Dec 2010 morning and try to explain
    me this offer as I have some doubts on him so he told me that if you have doubt his manager will call me aft
    ter 10 minutes. His manager called me and we talked for more than 1/2 an hour. I asked him that your dom-
    estic voucher can be redeeem only on base fare he told me that we cover full package not only base fare.
    I also explicit told that I only do air travel and not go to hotel so he told me that you can use Rs 18000
    (Rs 14000 holiday vouchers + Rs 4000 air travel) for air travel. When I got my voucher I was shocked that I
    can use only Rs 4000 gift voucher and that too only for base fare. To redeem Rs 14000 voucher I need to boo
    hotel for minimum 3 days. All these conditions were not told to me earlier. From then on I keep calling their
    toll free number and after calling so many time over days I came to know that they cant return my money
    back.I simply feel cheated and thing my Rs 7700 went to dustbin.

Now I want to return all their coupons and get my money back. What to do ? Any suggestions ?

Amit Goyal
    9886195132

Hi Anand,

Thank you for contacting us at yatra.com.

We regeret the inconvenience this may have caused. Our customer relation team would have contacted you for the above query. As communicated you are now happy to avail the offer and have accepted the vouchers. We hope they have been to resolve your concerns regarding the 'Discover the World offer'.

Hi Anand,

Hi Amit,

We regret the inconvenience this may have caused. Our team would have contacted you for the above query. We hope they have been able to resolve your concerns. As per the communication your doubts regarding the offer is been resolved to your satisfaction. You would be using the travel vouchers now as advised.

Best Regards
    Yatra Care

advocate2help is offline Senior Member
    Mar 2011

In this case legal direction are required by appropriate authorities to solve your this problem along with compensation for your unnecessary harassment.

In case if anyone here need any legal help you can contact us (via below email) by writing your problem on

advocate2help@gmail.com

we are ready to help you..
    Our dream is to form throughout India a consumerist culture and a consumer society

quangcaogoogle is offline Junior Member
    May 2011

We friends had plans of enjoying the new year at Goa and planned to book a resort through Yatra.com but believe me first of all the Yatra.com service is pathetic and this useless Kris resort where its now where proves to be a resort. We had payed a good sum of money for the booking and we were finally dissappointed as soon as we saw the location heading towards the so called Kris resort.

Thank you for contacting us at yatra.com.
    We truly apologise for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. Would request you to please share your booking details & contact e-mail to investigate further & assist you in this regard.
    Best Regards

Default Cheated by Yatra.com for false seelling Discover the world tour

Hi, I am Ruchi from Bangalore .Few days back (9th May) I got a call from Yatra.com regarding their discover the world holiday plan syaing i have been selected one of 150 customer to get this offer,they informed me that once I buy their offer for Rs. 6999/-, I will get the vouchers worth Rs. 40000 (Rs.18000 for international holiday & Rs. 22000/- for domestic holiday).I bought that holiday voucher of 5999 Rs Domestic and when I tried redeem that vouchers, IFirstly I had to struggled 5-6 days to reached the attendant, i just waisted my money and Time on them except hering music on wait call,, Finally one day able to connect to booking Dept.,booking department inform me that I can redeem only one voucher of worth Rs.1000 for Hotel orone holiday voucher of Rs.3500/-, which they manipulated while selling when i asked Only One voucher. But Mr. Jay from yatra Team misguide me saying madam you can use 14000 and 4000 Rs total 18000 Rs voucher for holiday. I asked for my money back but they said I have to contact Sales Team ve. While selling their voucher Yatra.com salesman told me that I can redeem my voucher any time I just need to call him.I want to plan to Goa in Dec. they are bsaying only 3500 Rs voucher can be used for holiday and onle one 1000 Rs if i only booke hokel. I have been misguide , cheated by Yatra.com just to increase their sales. In future i am not going to use Yatra service to book airline or other serivce , ATTENTION OTHER IF U R GETTING SUCH CALL. ATTENTIN!!!!!! .
    THEY MUST BE HAVING RECORDING .PLS YATRA.COM LISTEN COMMUNICATION B/W MR JAY FROM YATRA.COM SALES COORDINATON AND ME.

With Sadness
    Ruchi

Default Yatra Care

With Sadness
    Ruchi
    Dear Ruchi,

Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.
    Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. This is not the standard of service we at Yatra.com strive to achieve. Our Customer Care Team would have contacted you. We hope they have been able to resolve your concerns. As communicated by them, we have processed the refund on 21st June 2011. We hope you have been able to trace this credit in your account.
    Should you require any further assistance, please call us on 987-1800-800 or alternatively write to support@yatra.com
    Yatra Care

debabrata is offline Junior Member

Hi All
    I am Debabrata, same here, I got a call from Yatra.com agent few months back and he told me about their world offer(Discover the world), even he misguided me, hecould not tell me the details of terms and conditions, he told me like I can redeem 40000 coupons at a time, they just bluffed me. The toll free number and other number provided by them are simply useless, nobody gave me proper solutions. The Rs 40000 coupon provided me are wastage of money. They have taken 7790 rupees from me. We couldn't expect that kind of service from a renounced travel agent like YATRA.COM, its very pathetic, how people will trust Yatra.

Debabrata Halder
    Last edited by debabrata; 03-07-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Abin Guest

Question Need to redeem Travel Voucher

HI,
    this is not a complaint, it is really a question. Can I redeem my Travel vouchers worth Rs.4500/- from Yatra.com?

Angry Cheated by bagittoday

I have got mail from bag it today. They offered me trip to goa in 7000 for 4 people for 4 nights/day i booked it. They send the form and with that i have to attach the draft of 750 rs which i have send. I called them and asked which hotel they will they mailed me all luxry hotel 3 star hotels and they confirmed my booking on 17 sept 2011 and i postponed that on other date then they were giving hotels which were not 1 star also and they promised to give booking on my date and they send form again i filled it n sent them back and till now i have not got ant updates as there number were changed and switch off. I just want them to refund my money.
    So i want my money back from bagittoday..

With great disappointment and sadness
    amit kumar singh

besk0072@yatra.com Guest

Default Yatra.com delay in refunding customer Money

Yatra.com is delaying the refund of cancellation by tickets by the Airline. Yatra is taking responsibility in getting us book the ticket for earning profit thereafter it is not concerned about their customer. They cheat customers in many ways If we are not alert they will keep doing the same. Let us all be careful whlile dealing with Yatra.com.
    I made a booking for my family and Airline has cancelled the flight due to its operation issue. However Yatra.com is not refunding the money on time it is already third week after travek date is over and When I wrote only Yatra is responding that asking us to contact them after four weeks.
    So they take chance and cheat customer money. I memeber When i tried to do the booking i had some problem in booking due to network issue immeadialty i got a call from yatra to help me in booking later i understood that they call you only for making us booking for customer service. Let be alert. This will be shared as Leasson Learned from Yatra.com in different forum.

Default gift voucher from yatra is not redeemable

I got a coupon of yatra from a private concern for my target achievement.the coupon is worth for rs.12000 and is valid till may 2014, but when i try to book tickets
    and enter the voucher code, it is replying tat its not a vali voucher.

1. Yatra.com cheated