Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: sony bravia LCD Panel very high replacement cost

Default Sony bravia lcd not repalced by 18 days

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    hello,

have you confirmed this to the sony customer care ?
    sir my name is sandeep my lcd motherboard is damage undre warrenty , i am complaint on 29 oct so co

Angry Sony 52" LCD- TV (model = KDL-52XBR9)

We purchased our KDL-52XBR9 on 12/2009 we spent over $2000 dollars for this system. This is system is only 22 month old, the left side of the screen wavy, and double images, dark screen, and show a horizontal patches across the screen about 6 inches height. After 15 minutes system warm up then the screen appear to be normal.
    I call Sony to inquire about this problem, and spoke with 2 difference technicians. First of all, they are acting like this problem is new to them, I told them anyone can Google this issue and it is all over the internet. They suggested I ran the few test to reset system back to manufacture setting, plug the TV to difference outlet. Furthermore, I paid TV repair men to confirm this issue and all of them confirm “panel defected”. Finally they (Sony technicians) determine the panel defected, I ask them how much it cost to repair this system, and they inform me to wait for customer relation team call.
    I am very unhappy about this, especially since it is obviously a problem that many people are having and Sony does not feel the need to stand behind their product. Sony products will not be my shopping list, unless Sony start improves their product and recall this defective LCD TV from market.

Unhappy Sony KDL 40Z4500..... Help Sony Help!!!!

Dear all,

I have a Sony KDL 40Z4500 purchased in UK only about 12 months ago. When I emigrated to India I brought it with me to Porbandar, Gujrat. Now I have a problem with the LCD Panel in that there a annoying black line on the left of the screen. Clearly, the LCD Panel is faulty and I need to get this TV fixed locally. Any ideas as to how and whether Sony India will help as it is only about 12 months old. It is a good job Sony do not make body parts, everything would stop working after 12 months!!!!!

Help Sony Help......

Sachin

hanagonkar is offline Junior Member
    Feb 2012

Default SONY BRAVIA KLV32S400A 8 blinks Main board failure

Quote Originally Posted by Venkatiy View Post
    Dear Sathyanarayanan,

I too am a victim to this. I bought a KLV-32V400A on Dec 2008 and for the past 3 months, unable to use it as the panel has gone defective. New panel replacement is around Rs.14000 without any warranty which means you take the risk of new panel going defective too. After writing several mails, Sony Service responded with a replacement for Rs.5500 for which I agreed. Its over a month and the replacement is yet to arrive. Now my LCD is waiting for a scrap dealer who will pick up for as low as Rs.100. That's what Sony is now worth!!

venkat_iyer@sify.com
    Don't know why we all seems to be fooled by Sony by not taking responsibility of failing the products worth >40k, We go for brand and that what trusted brands retuns. I bought this LCD tv (SONY BRAVIA KLV32S400A)in APR 2009 , 2days back within <3yrs its main borrd has gone as per the so called 'Sony Technician'. I wonder he took efforts to even check below as per error code rsolution.
    • 8 blinks in KLV-32S400A shows Audio Error
    • Check audio voltage supply from power supply board, if OK, replace GP Board (main board)
    • and if audio volts are not available, check/ replace power supply board

Just done some multimeter check and told main board B/A gone and given me setimate of Rs. 8000/-. After i insitied he done some checks and confirmed that b oard has gone. 8k is too much for just 27 months old Branded Bravia TV which costs 43k. Whats happening with Sony's quality check, how come such defective products coming to market even if buying from Authorised sony dealer(Fair electronics Bhandup).

maneesh66 is offline Junior Member
    Feb 2012

Default Sony using inferior/sub standard parts for Bravi

I bough my Sony Bravia LCD ( RLV-32S) on 26th Sep 2009.with in seven month of use the LCD panel became faulty. I was lucky that the TV was in warranty and it got replaced free of cost. Now again the LCD panel has become faulty and the Sony in asking aprox Rs.10,000/- for new LCD panel. This is very painful to see that that within two and a half year the LCD panel needs to be replace second time.

I just don’t feel like spending so such amount on it fearing the kind of substandard quality parts used by Sony. I have send email to Sony (request no :9480300 dt 21st Feb ) but I have still not received any revert from them. I would appreciate if the matter can be resolved ASAP.

Regards, Maneesh

hrehan is offline Junior Member

O
    Oh God!!.....I wished, I had visited this site before purchasing my Sony LCD television. It seems, the problem of "white flickering horizontal lines” is a very common with Sony LCDs. My LCD has been showing the same problem for the last 5 days. Many bright white (horizontal) lines are appearing on the left side of the screen and the picture is flickery too (which eyes can't stand).

Initially, I thought it was some kind of disturbance with the input signals. I took it for granted for a couple of days. When the problem persisted, I got curious and removed the cable connection. To my surprise, the problem is still there. I googled for troubleshooting and what I found that the problem is everywhere in Sony LCDs!! Consumers are asked to replace their LCD panels, which are very expensive. I'm just wondering, my LCD will meet the same fate. I just can't afford to invest more money on it. It's so frustrating. Can't believe it could happen with an iconic brand like "Sony".

Now, I can understand why Sony is losing billions in the last few years. Sony, you can't do business and make profit without restoring faith in your customer. It is as simple as that.h God!!.....I wished, I had visited this site before purchasing my Sony LCD television. It seems, the problem of "white flickering horizontal" lines is a very common with Sony LCDs. My LCD has been showing the same problem for the last 5 days. Many bright white (horizontal) lines are appearing on the left side the screen and the picture is also flickery (which eyes can't stand).

Initially, I thought it was some kind of disturbance with the input signal. I took it for granted for a couple of days. When the problem persisted, I got curious and removed the cable connection. To my surprise, the problem is still there. I googled for the problem and it is everywhere!! Consumers are asked to replace their LCD panels, which are very expensive. I'm just wondering, my LCD will meet the same fate. I just can't afford to invest money on the LCD. It's so frustrating. Can't believe it could happen with an iconic brand like "Sony".

Hrehan

Praveenmankala is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2012

Angry Sony 32 inch BX300 Purchased on July 2010

I am not sure submitting a complaint here about a company SONY something has taken care off. I am also a victim of so called no. 1 brand and facinated by this i made a purchase. and within no less than 18 months (purchase data 16 July 2010 Bangalore - SONY centre Foto Mantri Mall). I feel litterly cheated. Now i see that white horizontal lines and panel replacement is required which is going to cost me as per the service guy it cost 9000 to 11,000. Not sure is it worth investing. given the no. of complaints made here on this forum. am now scared to even get it repaired. If anyone has experience good after repair do let me know. Else i would rather scrap the TV and start promoting to everyone that never buy SONY product esp TV.

Hope Company is hering to all these and make some useful steps for existing customers....

Praveen
    Praveen_mankala@hotmail.com

Default sony bravia--- an insight to underlying problems

Hello all,

How good isto see HD video, on those bravia lcds that hang out of the wall, at the showrooms and the most annoying is the sales person, who finally makes us covinced to but those tv sets.

Similar with me, seeing hd video quality and tht too on a sony would ve very good. Thinking its brand name value , i bought sony 32ex400 lcd full HD model TV for my parents, who were

very happy with a philips 25" (16 years old) till then.

Seeing the new tv bigger in size, richer in colour n clarity, they started to fall in love with i, but not until the tv made abreak up with my parents after just 11 months.

It did so, like evry other, thin blacklines started appearing on the screen and increased with usage. My innocent parents thougth its a broadcast cable issue...but its NOT, when it was

finally diagonised by Sony Technician, as Panel Defect. Now wht to say to this, within just 11months the televison's major hub "The Screen" Goes BAD. Sounded tooo bad and for the

amount of 40K INR spent on it. Why it happened, the technician was unable to explain.. the truth is sony uses third party panels ( cheap chinese make )....

Nothing i will gain by blaming sony...my money wont come back, even though we got free panel repalcement ( as TV was in warranty )...

Our Philips 25" Powervision(CRT)wins and delivers great picture in its class till date, i remember it had a defect only once, that too a dry solder issue, a wire inside it had lost some soldering which was fixed for rs50 by the philips guy with a service charge of 150 thats it.

Digital Electronics is known for error free and accuracy which result in performance. Sony has and is spoiling this very Characteristic of Digital Electronics only for Heavy Money..

Dont Waste Money.... save it and go for a 23 " LCD monitor instead if u are so much interested...it will give you years of fun and entertainment and more...

Angry Sony LCD problem

Sony has became the worst brand for LCD in the market. I also faced the same issue with lcd panel. What shocking is that the new LCD last for 1 & half year from purchasing. Now they are deamanding a huge amount to installed a new LCD panel. My model is KLV-19T400A. The goverment must take action against them as they are actually cheating with their customer & breaks customer faith on Sony.

aaloksharma123 is offline Junior Member
    Jun 2012

Default SONY LCD BX300 Panel Problem

Dear All,

I have same problem (horizontal lines are appearing in bottom of TV panel) with Sony LCD BX300 Panel problem as per visited engineer. I purchased LCD Before 18 Months and get faulty LCD Panel. I talked with customer care but they don’t want listen anything and advised local service center is suggested is right (Need to replace LCD Panel). I don’t think there is Panel problem but local service engineer doesn’t want repair. Only they know change complete board or panel. Ok I agree if there is panel problem then Sony should take responsibility about panel faulty as this is being out of order within 20 to 25 months or 5 to 10k hrs.

Prateep Guest

Default SONY BRAVIA 26 EX series model TV reboots continously after powering on

I have brought a new SONY BRAVIA 26 inch EX series TV in Nov 27 2010 for 26,000 rs, It just worked for an year and 3 months then it started to reboot automatically when I turn on the TV and now the warranty has expired and they are not willing to give extended warranty, 1. when I checked with Sony service center, they told Software is corrupted and they upgraded the firmware and told that they have one of the remote card need to replaced I agreed to pay 1800 rs and got replace just after a 20 days again the same problem started to appear. 2. Sony service center told that the will check all the internal cable connections now after 5 days of testing in their lab they told its working fine after 5 days again the problem started to appear 3. Sony service center told LCD panel might have problem and need to replaced and they will do it for free of cost as it is with 1yr 6 months (only LCD panel warranty is 1 yr 6 months) so i got it replaced for free and after 10 days again the old problem of rebooting happens every 2 seconds 4. Now the Sony service center says they might be power supply card problem and now they are doing research on this. I don't know why they still can't identify the problem, I have approached to Bangalore Sony head office still I have not received any updates from them, Consumer court can you please help me out in this.

Prateep.K
    9902758428, Bangalore

Default Same Sony Bravia LCD Panel issue

I bought Sony Bravia BX300 23 months back. Suddenly Vertical lines displayed and later a week Vertical lines spread across. Raised a tciket and the service person confimed that its Panel issue and price quoted is 15K. I bought Tv for 32 K. Panel price is almost 50%...
    If these many number of customers are impacted because of Panel issue, Is Sony not ready to reduce the panel price at least. Very Sad...

sir

I bought a sony bravia 32 inch from dudai on 10/9/2011 , today suddenly (24/6/2012) tv screen full vertical
    line appear(i think when picture tube get problem full line appears that type) , only purchase is bill is in my hand , i will get replacement warranty ?? , i am belongs to a medil family , heavy repairing charge i cant affertable sir, what can i do , i bought sony brand with trust, my address ,please do me necessary arrangement
    i get only this sight from net , please forward necessary person to solve my problem, please contact on mob
    because net facility is not in my home ,browsing is doing from out side

thanking your
    sreekanth

yvjanard is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2012

I bought sony 46 inch bravia lcd tv klv-46w450a for 1,30,000 about 3 years ago. I am already seeing the panel is degraded and picture now has horizontal, vertical lines and flickering, double images, ghost images etc. This is not the source problem, i tried with sony blueray player with original dvds and the western digital mediaplayers, cable tv settop boxes. As reported by numerous users on the internet, I too started seeing the issuese with this sony bravia lcd tv. Will soon update the sony response, if I get any. This is to alert the people regarding the issues with sony lcd panels of their bravia tvs.

Unhappy Sony Bravia KLV-32S550A-

HI After reading all these post I feel I am not alone.

Guy I have been lucky as my Sony LCD got blurred screen in 9 Months they repaired it onces and after thatin last three year I have made 8 officail complits to sony and my TV has been taken for repair 5 times I have paid only once as I pushed that this is same problem and you have to repair for free finaly they are themselfs fed up and are offering me a repalcement I am confused as I have no faith in their product and want to be paid for my misery and pain.

what to do...