Thread: Samsung LCD TV Panel gone bad in 2 years

Piyush Rai is offline Junior Member
    Nov 2009

Default Samsung LCD TV Panel gone bad in 2 years

I've bought a 32" Samsung LCD TV (LA32R81BL/XTL) on 8 Nov, 2007 from Rajtronics, BTM Layout, Bangalore. TV was working fine till Nov 24, 2009. From 25 Nov the picture quality went bad, some horizontal lines started appearing and red patches are appearing here and there (discolored pictures too) . I logged a complaint on 26th Nov with Samsung customer care (complaint ID 8412722402) they told me that I've to pay 1000 Rs to the engineer as a service charges as the TV is now out of warranty. The engineer visited and he diagnosed the problem with the LCD panel. He is yet to get back to me with the estimates of panel change etc (I'm sure it will be in 20,000 range after seeing several complaints on the web).
    The life of LCD panel was 60000 hrs as per Samsung then how come it failed in 2 years when it is used 2-3 hrs on and average. I've noticed several complaints of similar type and it seems the quality is bad and the quoted life of 60000 hrs is just to attract the customer.
    What can be done in this case?

Piyush
    piyushrai@rediffmail.com

Piyush Rai is offline Junior Member
    Nov 2009

Default Samsung 32" LCD TV High reparing cost 26000 INR!!!

I've bought a 32" Samsung LCD TV (LA32R81BL/XTL) on 8 Nov, 2007 from Rajtronics, BTM Layout, Bangalore. TV was working fine till Nov 24, 2009. From 25 Nov the picture quality went bad, some horizontal lines started appearing and red patches are appearing here and there (discolored pictures too) . I logged a complaint on 26th Nov with Samsung customer care (complaint ID 8412722402) they told me that I've to pay 1000 Rs to the engineer as a service charges as the TV is now out of warranty. The engineer visited and he diagnosed the problem with the LCD panel. The estimates are to the tune of 25000 INR + taxes.

There are many similar problems reported, I am sure that this is a manufacturing defect with Samsung LCD TVs. I can't even think of paying 26000 INR to Samsung for a 47000 TV which has worked for 2 yeasr under these circumstances. I am expecting Samsung to Take back this TV from me, and refund the entire purchase amount to me or replace the LCD panel at a very les cost (not more than 10 % of TV cost), and provide me a 3-year warranty on the replaced LCD panel.

I'm sending the written complaint to Samsung Headoffiice.

Piyush

piyushrai@rediffmail.com

Default lcd tv 66 cm series4 480. not working properly from the 1st month of purchase.

i bought a Lcd tv samsung from Sargam electronics new delhi on oct 2009 . Within a few days it developed defect . repeated complaints has yeilded no results . despite frequent repairs the problem remains constant.

What can be done in this case?

Kartik sharma;
    kskartiksharma25@gmail.com

ashishmalik1 is offline Junior Member
    Feb 2010

Piyush I faced a similar problem with my Samsung LCD last month within 15 months from purchase. Worked perfectly for 15months and I was very happy with it to be honest.

Suddenly went on the blink 2 weeks ago. After 1 hour of usage the picture goes off while the sound remains. The service guy tells me the panel will have to be replaced at a cost of Rs:27, 500 which is exactly 50% of what i paid for the LCD in October 2008(Rs:54, 000)!!! What he cant explain is how or why a high end product like this one should go down the drain so quickly.

Do they think I am nuts????? Pay 50% of the original cost after just 16 months from the date of purchase???

In spite of my writing to the Deputy MD, the Marketing Head and the Category Head at Samsung, no one from Samsung has had the courtesy (forget the guts!) to respond. What a fabulously customer-centric organization!!! Speaks volumes of how once you sell a product, you forget the customer who bought it!!!

I regret the day I purchased this product and hope the same thing doesnt happen to my top end Samsung microwave which I purchased for Rs:16, 000!!!

Ashish.

Angry Videocon tv 32 inch integra dead in 2 years

Not working
    I had bought a Videocon Integra 32 inch Tv from Vijay sales in Mumbai... right from within the warranty period it would go blank... i complained and they repaired it. but then it happened again and again over the next 2 years... i paid 2000 more... till 3 weeks ago i went blank again. they took the tv to service centre in Kandiwali and 2 weeks later told me the tv will be repaired and it will cost 45000 rupees. i said that's absurd as a new tv today costs 22,400... then they said pay 22000 and we will repair it... i said it still doesnt make sense... then they said take your tv away, it's useless only the plastic body is all right. i must say Videocon is like the Nigerian scam, you spend some money and buy a tv and then keep on paying for the tv to keep working... how can they ask so much money to repair a TV that was a faulty piece from the very starting of its short and painful life...
    my email - rohitgahlowt@rediffmail.com

meeradayal@gmail.com Guest

Default samsung LCD TV COMPLAINT

iT IS DISGRACEFUL THAT MY SAMSUNG TV WHICH IS BARELY A YEAR OLD HAS GOT SPOILT. i HAVE COMPLAINED EVERYDAY FOR THE MORE THAN TWO WEEKS AND THERE HAS BEEN NO RESPONSE OTHER THAN ' WE'LL GET BACK TO YOU TODAY ". THEY NEVER DO .

The model no is SAMSUNG LCD TV ( LA 22 A 450) SERIAL No. 07863ZCQB00211 and my complaint no. is 8406207287. I am absolutely fed up of the poor quality of Samsung products and shall certainly not recommend their products to anyone.

Amritpal Guest

Thumbs up SAMSUNG 42" PDP TV developed vertical lines within TWO YEARS

Its been two years now that I have bought a SAMSUNG 42" PDP/ Plasma TV and suddenly it has developed vertical lines on the right hand side and as observed with the other complainant, the Samsung guys asked me RS 1000/- for a visit and thereafter once the Engineer came, he has given me an estimate of RS 30000/- including taxes to get the screen panel changed.

I want to understand that SAMSUNG at the time of selling Plasma TV, have mentioned that the screen works for not less than 10000 hrs but once the the same snag developed, then they are asking more money.

At the time of buy Panasonic Plasma was also available around the same range (had bought for RS 68000/-) but I preferred SAMSUNG over PANASONIC only because of the good network SAMSUNG have in INDIA, but I am repenting the decision now.

Finally the SAMSUNG Visiting engineer had informed me that such faults if happen within 15 days of sale are considered as Manufacturing defect but cant be considered the same at this stage, Disgustingly Manufacturing defect at one time will remain manufacturing defect at the other time and its hard to believe that SAMSUNG guys don't agree to this logic

I am going to move Consumer Court in this case if this doesn't get resolved at the earliest and BEWARE ALL YOU READERS SAMSUNG IS NOT THE RIGHT CHOICE WHILE BUYING EXPENSIVE PLASMA/ LCD/ LED TVS....

Amritpal (askamrit@gmail.com)

askamrit is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2010

Default SAMSUNG 42" PDP TV developed vertical lines within TWO YEARS

askamrit@gmail.com

subha maitra Guest

Angry samsung lcd tv panel is out of order in only 1 year 4 months and repairs-INR 9,000

i bought a lcd tv of samsung since 1 and a half years till yesterday i haven't faced any problem but today morning when i was watching a program in tv , then on turning it to next one it has stopped displaying picture so then and there i called for the engineer to fix the problem then he told that my lcd panel is of no work now , rather i have to replace it with a new one which cost's around Rs 9,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then i decided not to replace the panel rather buy another led tv worth adding some more money!!!

Default Samsung TV bad after 2 years

We purchased a samsung model LN52A530P1FXZA LCD television 52" at Best Buy in Hixon TN June 30, 2008. After 2 years of operation the left side of the screen went out, after numerous attempts to get the thing fixed we were told by the service technician that we had to pay $1,100 to replace the LCD panel. During our conversation with the service technician we learned that the TV had been repaired on June 18, 2008 (2 weeks prior to the day we purchased the thing from Best Buy) After speaking numerous times with 1-800-SAM-SUNG we were passed to the Executive Customer Relations Department, where we were told that they will do nothing for us. $1,800 for the TV that was sold as new but Bust Buy had it repaired + $1,100 after 2 years to replace the LDC panel.

My suggestion to anyone considering a Samsung product is to reconsider their decision.

Carl - Signal Mountain, TN

sumitgupto is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2011

Model: LA37A550P1RLXL
    S/N:10283PCQB00827V
    ver:AA01
    Purchased:30-1-2009
    From: Pai International, Bangalore, invoice s/n:308705
    Problem: The picture (whole screen) goes dark after a few seconds of switching on! It started about a week ago, earlier it used to darken after about a couple of minutes, now it is almost within 10-20 seconds. To watch any programme, I have set the TV to following
    backlight:10(max)
    Brightness:100
    Contrast:100
    Energy saving:off
    Picture mode: Standard

Steps taken till date:
    Called up Samsung support, they came and cleaned the cable that connects the display board to the panel...then said that the PANEL has gone bad!! To replace, I need to pay about 21000 rupees. Warranty after replacement: 1 MONTH!!!!
    How can the PANEL go bad just after 2 years? I do not watch TV for more than 4-6 hrs a day!

What I need from Samsung:
    - Send a senior technician with proper tools to check if the display circuit is working as expected (just cleaning the wire bus with spirit does not help!)
    - I still believe that the PANEL is good, and if the PANEL is bad, give me a report (hard copy) that the panel is BAD and chainging the panel is ONLY option (they are not willing to sign off the report, just told me verbally)
    - If I replace the panel, provide me discounted price (since it is just 2 years)
    - If I replace the panel, provide me atleast 1 year warranty on the panel

I am being reasonable, I need justice...cannot spend 20000 every year, rather every month from now on to replace Samsung LCD panels. I hope Samsung team is listening....

Sumit (sumitgupto@gmail.com)

Complaint No J 0781
    Complaint Attended on 14-10-2011
    Place Trivandrum - Kerala

Complaint

A White horizontal line across the screen

The technician after looking into it said that I would have to replace the panel of the TV and the cost would be RS.13000.
    I spoke to the local Head who referred me to the ASM at Ernakulam. After much debate he said he would offer me a discount and the funny part is he said there is only one month guarantee for the replaced part. Donít they have confidence in their own products!!!!

I spend nearly 33000 for the TV and I have not even used it regularly since I have another small TV (aproximately 1 to 1.5 hours a day). I have not even enjoyed its services even for 2 years.
    Why does Samsung manufacture such inferior products with out a reasonable life.
    Does Samsung expect its customers to spend Rs 13000 or what ever amount after discount to repair the TV which is only one and half years old?
    What guarantee do I have that there wont be any complaints for another 2 years which I feel is reasonable.

Never expected this of a Samsung product!!!

I currently own a Samsung refrigerator, mobile phones
    Hope Samsung will look into this complaint.

With Regards
    Harshad M J
    harshadmj@yahoo.com

Default SAMSUNG tv PANEL WENT BAD IN 1 & HALF YEAR

Samsung TV is very Bad. I am suggesting people not to purchase samsung TV. Their services is also too bad. Samsung service center's service is also not good.They are charging too much amount for the engineer only who will come to your house and will do checking and all.
    I had very bad experience with Samsung TV.

My Samsung LCD Panel gone bad in 1 &half year only and service center is demanding 15000 rs for that.

RUPINDER DHAMIJA is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2012

Question Samsung lcd panel gone bad in 4 years

I had purchased Samsung LCD in January 2008 at a price of 62000/- approx. It was going good till now. but suddenly screen gone all white. When contacted service centre, they gave an estimated cost to the tune of 19000/- I was shocked to hear that as before buying a new tv, i had lot of research work done. According to all the sales people lcd's had a life of atleast 20 years, due to which, I agreed to spend such a heafty amount on the product with a big brand name of Samsung. And only after 4 years the product gone bad. Disgusting....This is nothing but a mere cheating, supplying low quality product with a heavy price tag.I request you to kindly make my money refunded, as there is no question i pay again for product which is so poor and for which the company itself does not take any guarntee.

samsung_in is offline Junior Member
    Oct 2011

Greetings of the day !

Thank you for becoming a patron of Samsung product.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your contact details and complaint no. (if any). Our service specialist would get in touch with you shortly.

Thanking and assuring you for best services always.

Samsung Team