Thread: Essilor Crizal A2 lens have no benefit that it claims, supplies incorrect power numbe

May 2011

Angry Essilor Crizal A2 lens have no benefit that it claims, supplies incorrect power numbe

Name:  Essilor-Crizal-A2.jpg
    Four months ago I purchased a pair of Essilor Crizal A2 lenses at a whopping price of Rs. 1400/- in my hometown. Before the purchase, I enquired many shops regarding the price, and I found a price variation of Rs. 600-700 among different shops. I was told by the shopkeeper that the lenses are ordered especially for the customer when they place the order. Soon after getting the new lenses, I started having occasional headaches. By this time, I have come back to Pune where I work. When I got the lenses checked, I realized that the lens are of different number. I again got my eyes tested and again placed an order of Crizal A2 lenses at Rs. 1500 this time. I am using this new pair of lenses for some time now and am facing a different problem. The words on computer screen and on TV are slightly blurred to me. When I contacted the shopkeeper, he said that the lenses were ordered for my specific number.

So far, I have spent Rs 2900/- on a pair of glasses which generally costs hardly Rs 200-300. Moreover, when the glasses are ordered specifically for one particular number, then how come they turn out to be different? Is this the kind of standard that Essilor maintains after charging so much from the customers. To top that, none of the so called ‘Crizal A2’ benefits are actually real. I paid Rs 300 extra to get ‘A2’ for the kind of benefits which Essilor claims it has. The only difference between a normal Crizal lens and a ‘A2’ lens is a ‘blue’ coating on the lens which hardly stays for 1-2 months. Even a helpdesk person from Crizal confirmed me that the coating will go off after some time, but in just 2 months!! Why so much advertising on false claims then? I am hardly satisfied with any of those. For instance –
    Anti-Smudge – NO! Fingerprints are very much visible on the glasses!
    Water repellant - Again a clear lie! Water drops stay as much on the lens as it would on any ordinary lens.
    Dust resistant – Dust particles stay on the lens.
    Scratch resistant – I couldn’t risk to scratch the lens just to prove them wrong. But I am sure this claim would hardly stand for a test!
    In short, Essilor duped me with my hard earned money by selling a pair of lens that is wrong in number, and doesn’t have any of the benefit which they claim.

+91 95525 88352
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Essilor Crizal A2 lens have no benefit that it claims, supplies incorrect power numbe-essilor-crizal.jpg

May 2011

After writing numerous mail, finally I got a call from Essilor. A lady from Essilor - Sangeetha A (sangeetha.a@essilorindia.com) gave me a call. And like other Essilor employees, she did confessed to me that the brand features are actually a 'lie'. She acknowledged, that the lens like an ordinary lens will catch dust and fingerprints - the only difference been that once you clean the lens, it will be cleaned. I can't expect a better joke then this!!

A word of caution to all of you - please don't buy Crizal lens. They offer nothing that they boast of on their advertisements except for one thing - high price! And none of us is getting benefit from this.

mkv286 is offline Junior Member

Dear
    I have also purchased this Crizal A2 Progressive lenses at a very high price of Rs. 6000 but from first day I am facing problem in Working at computer, same Blurring problem, I have to kept off the spectacles even I can't read the news Paper with these lenses. It gets Fingerprints & other marks more than that of other cheap glasses. I use to clean these lenses twice or thrice a day by water whereas other lenses need not to be cleaned so frequent. I also got scratch on it whereas I keep this spectacles so carefully. I have also send my complain in their feedback form but in vein (no reply). My optician could not solve the problem.
    Mukesh

May 2011

Finally, a supplier from Essilor has responded to this problem, and has forwarded to Essilor. I got a call from marketing manager, and she had promised to look into this problem.
    Let's see what solution does Essilor comes up with. By the way, Essilor may come up with A2 glasses with "Crizal A2" fog ID, so identifying them will be easier.

I will update the solution provided by Essilor (if they do?).

Nishant Gupta

Concerned Citizen is offline Junior Member

Hello

Have you heard back from Essilor? pls update us. My bro just bought Crizal A2 a couple of weeks ago....so far so good until a few days ago...start noticing some marks...not sure what they are. anyone else has experienced this before?

May 2011

Still in process, will update once things finalized.

Nishant

Always make sure that you bought original Crizal A2 Lens. Ask for authenticity card that comes with every pair of Crizal A2 Lens. You can always check if the lens are original or not by fogging the lens or by putting some water on lens, you will clearly see Crizal or Crizal A2 letters there.

The prices of Crizal A2 Lens range from shop to shop and you get a minimum price for INR 1600 to maximum price of INR 2600 for a single vision lens.

eyevilla .com

May 2011

After the follow up done by Crizal, they have replaced one pair of lens with correct power. The process of replacement had been smooth.

Default tricked

dude,u must have been tricked.I have a crizal a2 lense of rs.2050 and it has all the properties that crizal claims!

Thumbs down it was a lie ??

Anti-Smudge
    Water repellant
    Dust resistant
    Scratch resistant
    nw i realiz tat these feature r juz for ad nt a reality
    am totally disappointed !!

Default Crizal is a fraud company

Crizal company is a cheat company. I have bought my lenses crizal a2 from kharadi pune from eye care opticals. None of the properties which are mentioned for crizal a2 is present on the lenses. The lenses are expensive as compared to the normal ones and even gets dirt even if you keep it on a table and the worst part is that it is not at all water resistant. The water stays on the lenses just like the normal ones. I spent over 3200 rs just on these lenses. The company is fraud. I request the potential consumers and buyers not to go for these lenses. Never.my money is wasted and soon i will be submitting a written complaint against this company.

Default crizal a2 lens

just 2 days before i bought a pair of crizal a2 lens from lawrence & mayo at rs. 2000/-.. which i know i feel cheated..
    the counter person told me its crizal a2 lens but how do i beleive its actually a2 lens and none other.. how do i distinguish

sumit

sumit
    Just blow hot air from your mouth onto your lenses if u see crizal written on the lenses then they are genuine, otherwise not.

nishit shah Guest

Default i did not get training from essilore

My name is Nishit i m optician from Ahmedabad I started my optical shop from last 2 years but i did not get any type of training or litratures from your company.when custmors asking about your company's product i did not give them fulfill answer and i have to sell them other company's product.when i enquired at your ahmedabad main office i did not get satisfaction answer.they told me that we can not submitt your order.so please give me positive answer after cheking ahmedabad office.
    Nishit 9898544668

Default I have puchased crizala2 lens.I'm not satisfied with it.how do i come to know that lens is crizala2

when i go to buy the crizal lens the shopkeeper show me two lenses one crizal standard of rs1500 and crizal a2 of rs 2200. I buy crizal a2 of rs 2200.but i'm not satisfy with it.the lens which the shopkeeper gives me is crizal standard.but shopkeeper is refusing from this and saying it is a2.crizal name appears on both the lens by hot blowing.how can I proof myself correct in front of the shopkeeper that the lens is standard not a2..

RAJAT AGARWAL