Victim of Airtel cost-cutting tactics
This is a discussion on Victim of Airtel cost-cutting tactics within the Product And Services forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; Dear Sir/Madam: Please go through the below email chain I had with the Airtel Nodal Officer for the last several ...
- 09-13-2011, 12:56 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
Victim of Airtel cost-cutting tactics
Please go through the below email chain I had with the Airtel Nodal Officer for the last several month in connection with the Airtel Post Paid number: 9744445573. In spite of sending several emails, faxes and making phone calls, no action is being taken by Airtel to resolve this issue. Few findings from a senior Airtel officer who would like to be anonymous.
1) When I informed the Airtel officer that 9744445573 got not a single mobile bill since the service has started, I was informed that Airtel does not send bills through courier but ordinary post to cut down on expenses. I was even told that Airtel has a unofficial policy to drop at least 10,000 people from receiving their post paid bills every month to make them shift to PDF format bills by email, again a tactic used by Airtel for cost-cut. I believe my number is one of those ten thousand bills. No bill is being sent to me since I shifted to Airtel, except once after several complaints are being posted.
2) Airtel has an 'unofficial' policy (which they would never agree with) not to publish correct mobile and fax numbers of their Nodal Officers and Appellate Authority to avoid frequent calls and complaints. One can do a check on the published numbers in their website to see how many authentic numbers are published in the website.
3) According to a person whom I happened to see few months ago while trying to deliver the post-paid bill of Airtel, "he was hired by Airtel to drop the post-paid bills" again to cut down on postage expenses. When asked he refused to give me his contact details. As per the email response I received from the Airtel Nodal officer on August 9, it is clearly mentioned that the Airtel "process" does not allow them to publish or publicise the name of the courier agency, which is another strategy to prevent customers from investigating into the issue.
I would request the Consumer Court for taking urgent action against Airtel India for harassing my customer for the last several months without his bills and also making him pay the bill on time with late payment charges. Having inactive and inefficient employees is costing the dear customers a lot. This should be stopped immediately and a symbolic action should be taken against the Airtel employees so that others are not fallen victims of their corporate tactics
Thanks and regards,
Cell: +91.9995181777 / Fax: +91.11.47615142
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sethu Das <email@example.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: REG AIRTEL POST-PAID NUMBER: 9744445573 [|BAL|Qrc10708111908155107066|]
The Nodal Officer,
The Airtel Bharati Limited,
I must inform you that the Airtel bill for 9744445573 (Post paid number) is not delivered till today for the month of September. We are left with no other option but to take this case to the Airtel Appellate Officer or seek a legal action. Please inform me at 9995181777 if you are in a position to resolve this issue in a day or two. If you fail we are also making arrangement to shift to another service provider after seeking a legal action with Consumer Protection Forum.
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Dear Mr. John,
Thank you or writing to airtel.
This has reference to your Email regarding not in receipt of original bills, inability to contact Nodal officer, requesting for the contact details of courier agency and giving feedback on our servies for your airtel Postpaid number 9744445573.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.
We completely understand your concern and apologize for any difficulty caused to you by our customer service department.
We value the relationship built with you and trust that one odd, unfortunate incident will not come in the way of this association. May we reiterate that we share your anguish and have taken adequate action to ensure the non occurrence of the same in future.
With reference to not in receipt of original bills:
To address your current request, we wish to inform you that we have registered your request for not in receipt of original bills of your airtel mobile connection. For your reference, the Unique Service Request number is 38911321. Our team will contact you by 17/08/2011, 14:42 PM, with an update on your concern.
With reference to inability to contact Nodal officers:
We are glad to serve you anytime between 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM, Monday to Friday. However, due to high call volume and its an escalation help desk, we are unale to attend few calls. We understand and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Alternatively, you may also contact our customer care help desk by sending an email email@example.com. and they would reply with in 24hrs.
With reference to requesting for contact details of courier agency:
We regret to inform you that as per the process we would be unable to provide you the contact details of the courier agency.
With reference to feedback on our service:
Thank you for your mail to airtel and the feedback provided.
At airtel we believe that our customers' inputs and feedback helps improvise our services and ensure that we strive towards achieving customer satisfaction. We assure you that we will incorporate your feedback in the best possible way in our processes.
We thank you for your association with airtel and look forward to an enduring relationship.
Please feel free to speak to our call center executive on 121 (toll-free) regarding any issue/ concern. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can get in touch with the Nodal Officer with your earlier request or complaint number if it's still unresolved. You may send an e-mail at email@example.com or you may call at 9995834865 from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Monday to Friday. The Nodal officer will provide a resolution to your complaint in 10 days.
If you do not receive a satisfactory response from Nodal officer you may send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call at 9995844865 from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Monday to Friday.
Assuring you the best of our services.
Asha J Nodal Office Bharti Airtel Limited
Your response will help us to enhance your experience with Airtel. Please click on the link below & provide us your valuable feedback on this interaction
Click here to provide feedback
https://ispeed.airtel.in/iVoiceFeedback/Search/EFViewerDE.aspx?info=B0D03740B9DA3C5CA2EA266D99F8 2 6799CFD 86FD3 F7091F91C66AFD0335DBBC1CA3054B4D23850B6DD&refno=Qr c10708111908155107066
Sent: 07/08/2011 07:29:45 PM
Subject: Reg Airtel post-paid number: 9744445573
August 7, 2011
The Nodal Officer,
NH Bypass, Kundanoor Jn,
Maradu PO, Kochi 682034.
This is regarding the Airtel post-paid mobile number: 9744445573.
I must inform you that ever since we shifted from Idea Cellular to Airtel
Mobile using the Number Portability facility, not a single bill of Airtel was
delivered at the postal address the mobile number is registered with, except
once after numerous complaints were registered with Airtel Customer Care.
The number Airtel website has displayed for Postpaid complained 9895012345 is
not working for several days and 121 and 198 refuses to take any complaints. I
was later given the number 9840012345 and the person who responded in Tamil
disconnected the line twice to avoid difficult questions (Please check the
conversation I had with Airtel from the mobile no: 9995181777 on August 7, 2011
at 7pm which you have recorded for training purposes). My call to the Nodal
Officer (No: +91.9995834865, 7:10pm) this evening was also not answered. The
other number mentioned on your website: +91 9895338715 is out of order!
I urge you to do the following at the earliest.
1) My due date for the last bill is August 8, 2011 and I am in no position to
submit the bill for reimbursement from my office. So please home-deliver the
original bill (no photocopies of laser prints) by August 8 afternoon.
2) Provide me with the contact nos of the courier agency whom I could contact
everymonth if the bill is not delivered.
3) Punish the irresponsible and unprofessional employees that are unnecessarily
employed with Airtel.
Looking forward to hearing from you at the earliest. You may either fax me the
response at: +91.11.47615142 or email at: email@example.com.
- By aasim.arafath in forum Mobile ServicesReplies: 18Last Post: 06-08-2011, 10:56 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Mobile ServicesReplies: 12Last Post: 03-12-2011, 09:09 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Mobile Billing ProblemReplies: 2Last Post: 02-17-2011, 06:03 AM
- By Aasim in forum Mobile ServicesReplies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2011, 10:47 PM
- By Santhoshkumards in forum Mobile ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2010, 03:15 PM