Name:  Manappuram-Gold.jpg

I am Pradeep Kumar from Ghaziabad,

Recently I was cheated by Manappuram Gold Loan financial Company (Ghaziabad Branch No. 121) . I took Loan against Gold and at the time of withdrawal they cheated me, by the way of Interest amount. They have charged Rs. 1000.00 over and above the actual interest. And they have refused to issue the Money Receipt saying there is no power back up to prints it. I think many people are facing this hidden cheating from such financial companies. Because many people are taking loan from such companies and at the time of withdrawal 95% people are not checking their Payable interest & Interest % etc. amount and total amount they are checking only the Gold and weight then leave the counter then forget it.

Now I will explain the incident happened to me from them, when I thought to take back my gold from financier I made query to the said branch staff and they informed me the total amount with interest amount to release my Gold. And also informed that the interest calculation is on daily basis Date of query is 27th May 2011 after 11 days 8th June 2011 I have approached the branch for taking back my Gold and clear the loan. Then they advised me to pay the amount and interest on cash counter. I have asked them to tell me the total amount and give the money receipt. They refused to issue me a computerized receipt and told me the interest amount as Rs. 13,216.00 (interest amount as on 27th may is Rs. 11,865.00). And also told that there is no power and power backup so we are unable to issue money receipt. On that time I was in little hurry so I paid the full amount and received my Gold and returned to home. After reaching home I felt I am cheated. So I calculated the interest amount from this I knew that they have charged extra interest more than 1000.00. So I informed Customer care Executive of the concerned financer by phone and mail. Seeking the full details about my Gold Loan first he offered me that I will give u the full details regarding the interest and extra amount charged by them. After that I called him then he informed me that we will pay back you Rs. 1000.00 with interest and Compensation as charged extra. And I have also called the Branch Head and he also informed me to come to the branch and collect the money by evening around 6 pm on 10th June. I reached the branch around 6.00 pm there was no one to pay my money back. At the time there are only 3-4 persons they have refused saying cashier is absent and B.H. has left office before 6 pm. The next day morning I collected Rs. 1000.00 charged as extra but no interest. While they are taking interest from public in every minute. There is no interest for my money and my expenses regarding the matter even the fault is there own side. They are not ready to say one word “sorry” for the incident to the customer. From this I think the management is also involved this type of Cheating because 95% customers have no idea about the hidden cheating. I have found this because from my query made on 27th May. Otherwise where is my 1000.00 Rs. in Company account or Staffs Pocket???? Still now there is no explanation/information from concerned management.