Thread: Complaint regarding the high electricity bill

Saurav Sagar is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2011

Default Complaint regarding the high electricity bill

Bihar State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission,
    R – Block, Road No.2,
    South of Daroga Prasad Rai Memorial Trust,
    PATNA – 800 001

Sub: Complaint regarding the high electricity bill against the non-availability of the services.

This is to inform you that we have a domestic Electricity Connection through BSEB (Bihar State Electricity Board) with name of Beni Sah (Meter No: - H3159DS). Our electricity meter has been burned out due to the supply high voltage and is not working since December 2004.

We were sent a written application to get it replaced on December 31, 2004 and we were assured that the meter will be replaced soon. After submitting the application, we were manually paying Rs.135 every month for using electricity. We co-operated the electricity office and paid the bill till June 2007.

Due to the supply of exceptionally high voltage, we have lost our all the electronic goods like T.V, Fans & Iron etc. We again contacted the Electricity office (Konhara ghat, Hajipur) to get the Meter replaced, however no one turned up to even for the inspection.

Considering our loss of all the electronic goods & discourteous behavior of the Electricity office’s staff, we could not pay the bill after June 2007.

We now wanted to get this issue resolved and visited Electricity office, instead of replacing the meter they are asking to pay the exceptionally high bill of more than Rs. 8000.00. We are wondering how they made this high bill against non-availability of the services.

We belong to a poor family and we cannot afford to pay this bill after losing all our electronic goods. I request you to please look into the matter and ask BSEB to pay us for our loss of goods & problems faced. Also ask to reinstate our services with the new electric Meter and settle down of the high bill.

We thank you for looking in to the serious matter.

Sincerely yours,
    Saurav Sagar
    (Grand son of the subscriber)

vipulkumar1 is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2011

Default Complaint regarding high energy/electricity bill

VIPUL KUMAR
    S/O RAJENDRA PRASAD CHAUDHARY
    AT+PO-TINPANIA, KASBA,PURNEA.

SIR,
    THIS IS INFORMED U THAT WE HAVE A HOUSE HOLD ELECTRICITY CONNECTION BY " BIHAR STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD" DIVISION- PURNEA, SUB DIV.-PURNEA, ACCOUNT NO- 2856.

WE REGULARLY PAY BILLS ALL MONTHS SINCE OUR CONNECTION TAKEN. BUT THIS MONTH (12/07/2011) BOARD SEND US A HUGE AMOUNT OF ENERGY CHARGE (Rs 4180) THAT IS NOT GENUINE . WE HAVE ALL ELECTRICITY BILLS OF THIS YEAR 2011.

I ALSO CONSULT TO SUB DIVISION PURNEA BUT THERE IS NO HELP OR SUGGESTION BY THEM.

SO I THEREFORE REQUEST TO U THAT KINDLY TAKE ACTION ON MY COMPLAINT.

WE ARE HEARTLY THANKFUL TO U.

YOUR SINCERELY
    VIPUL KUMAR
    S/O RAJENDRA PRASAD CHAUDHARY.

pritdeepak is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2011

Respected Sir, I am a consumer of Bihar state electricty board. I have deposited/paid a sum of Rs. 3000/- for the connection of DS with meter purchage in the office of BSEB at Hathidah Branch/fitter by Mr. Umesh Singh (senior clerk). In this regard a receipt of Rs. 30/- given by dept. on 13/01/2011 vide his service connection no. 95359. After then a receipt for security deposits of Rs. 400/- given by dept. on 10/05/2011 vide memo no. 613856. But bill has not been generated and also meter not provided by dept. as on date. I am ASI(M) in Central Reserve Police Force and posted in Srinagar (J & K). Sir, I am not able to reach the above office in every week, which is given by above clerk. So, request kindly look into the matter & take necessary action in this regard for generating my bill & meter provided urgently. Thanks.RegardsDeepak KumarVill- SikharichakP.O.- MokamaghatDist - Patna (Bihar)E.mail-pritdeepak86@yahoo.com.

Dr.Awanindra is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2012

This is to inform you that my father Mr. Bageshwari Prasad Sharan, of Vill- Pachkhanda , Po.+ Ps –Mashrakh , Dstt – Saran , 841417, had taken an electric connection in 1990(receipt attached). His consumer no. was 01. He was paying all bills in time. But in August 1998 , due to pole and supply wire breakage, power supply was completely stopped. This was duly informed to the J. E. posted at that time in writing requesting him to arrange to restore the supply and give a proper bill so that he could pay the bill in time.(copy attached). But no response came from his side. In the mean time the supplying transformer to my village was burn and the bills were stopped to deliver him. He thought that deptt. has stopped billing and matter has been taken into consideration. In 2003-2004 a new transformer was installed in my village and after a few years of installation, two bills had been started to be delivered to my father, one for consumer no. 01 and another for consumer no. 14. The last bill before new transformer installation was of Rs 581.00.(copy attached).Then on 03/11/2006, I on behalf of my father gave an application to the J.E. Marhowra requesting him to give us a real and due bill so that we could pay the bill and close the account (copy attached). I had several physical and telephonic conversation regarding this to the SDO also but we could not get anything accept assurance.For your information my father is a patient of stress angina which is a case of cardiac desease, and whenever he goes through the recent bills he feals acute pain in chest.(a symptom of stress angina).So I very humbly request you to kindly look into the matter and arrange to give us the actual due bill so that I can pay the liability and save my father’s life.
    Sincerely yours,
    Dr. Awanindra Sharan Singh
    Vill-Pachkhanda
    PO+PS-Mashrakh
    Dstt - Saran(841417)

Complaint regarding the high electricity bill-documents-electricity-deptt.doc-copies-application-.jpgComplaint regarding the high electricity bill-documents-electricity-deptt.doc-copies-application-3.jpgComplaint regarding the high electricity bill-documents-electricity-deptt.doc-copies-application-2.jpgComplaint regarding the high electricity bill-documents-electricity-deptt.doc-copies-application-1.jpg
    Last edited by Dr.Awanindra; 08-20-2012 at 09:43 AM.

gulzarhasan Guest

Unhappy High electricity bill in every month

I have electricity connection through Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd. with Consumer No-170000026011 and Billing Unit-4745.

For last 5 month, electricity bill is always coming above Rs 500/-. I have made repeated complains regarding excess bills but no necessary steps were taken in my favor.

We are only two member in family (Me and my wife) and it is not at all possible to consume for a domestic consumer to use more than 150 unit in a month, as most of the days we are out of town. This is excess billing need to be checked properly at your end which can be due to not proper reading taken by the executive authorized for this area. Therefore you are kindly requested to please correct/rectify the bill and take necessary action

I tried to give the written complain at Area Office Ganga Village Hadapsar on 20-02-2013, but all goes in vain as your customer service representative denied to register our complain and state that what has been bill provided all are correct and we are not going to accept any complain. This very embarrassing that your customer service representative are not responding properly.

I am absolutely helpless So please help me to overcome this problem and take adequate measures as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards,
    Gulzar Hasan

spsinha Guest

Default electricity bill not proper update

wrong electricity bill

Application not received in Biharsharif electricity office

manisha mahadik Guest

Default change the address & issued for Residential bill

Dt. 30.05.2013
    My consumer number is 000460475511, Meter No. 1901202.
    By Mistake my address as appearing on my electricity bill is : SANTOSH NGR CHAWL A/5, GALA 5, DIVA-AGASON RD, TATA POWER RD- 400612.
    The required correction in address is : SANTOSH NGR CHAWL A/5, ROOM NO. 5, DIVA-AGASONRD, TATA POWER RD- 400612.
    Electricity Bill Detail
    Bill Date Unit USE Bill Amt
    Dec 2012 165 2070.00
    Jan 2013 26 450.00
    Feb 2013 33 470.00
    March 2013 54 630.00
    April 2013 36 1130.00

This meter is issued for Residential purpose But MSEDCL Charging as Commercial from 7 last month. Last month Electictiy bill is 36, 210.60/- against commercial use. We are from middle family we could not able to pay such a huge amount. I gave complaint in writting also on dated 20.03.2013 at MSEDCL Office Mumbra but still there is no action taken by MSEDCL
    Please do the needful & Change the Bill Address.

Default high electricity bills

I am Omprakash Gupta, a resident of Nagpur, Santra Market marwadi Chawl. Pine code- 440018.

We have bought a new flat from the builder but we are fed up with high electric bills that are always coming ever since we have started living in new flat. our bills are in the range of 2500 to 3500 and our house is only 2 BHL, only two persons my wife & myself are staying in this house. My son is working in Pune and the meter is registered in his name (Gaurav Omprakash Gupta). The consumer no is 410015743276. I am reachable on 9763197630 where as my sons mobile no is 9960596593.

We request you to please register our complaint for same as we feel there is something wrong with our meter. hence we request you to solve this complaint on topmost priority.

Thanking you.

Yours Sincerely,

Omprakash Gupta
    09763197630
    Flat No. T-09, Shree Baldeo Apartments.
    Empress Mill
    bajeriya Nagpur- 440018

jarchana Guest

Default huge electricity bill

yesterday I have complain against huge electricity bill of Smt.Rekha Soni, my house maid. sir yesterday she got vasuli notice from nyalaya paden tahasildar (vasuli), MP Pachhin kshetra,vidyut vitaran com,madhya shahar sambhag indore (MP)they are telling that you deposit the amount of Rs.21,795 within 15 days otherwise action will be taken.(sampattiki kurki). sir, those people are earning p.m. 3000-4000/- rs. how they can pay such huge amount. this is one type of harassment to the people. pl. tell me how can such huge bill comes for a single tube light and a fan. she is staying in a single room with a rent. since more than one month she is staying without light with her small kids. please help her sir. her residential address is Smt. Rekha Soni, Sanjay Nagar, Nai Colony, Bijalpur, Indore. expecting for your positive consideration pl.

thanking you.

js archana

Shakuntla Devi Guest

Default High Electricity Bill Charge every month

my name is Isha Batra D/o Late Sh. Surinder Kumar Batra. I m from Sec-8 Urban Estate Ambala City.
    Over Electricity Bill from Last 2 years are coming very high, We have complaint to Electricity Dept SDM also
    & have given written complaint but they have taken no action regarding this complaint.
    My neighbors bill only came below 1000Rs/- while they have complete family and they utilize light from more than us.
    We are 3membrs in our family & we utilize less light enen then over ill coming more than 4000Rs/- every month.
    It is very difficult us to paid high amount even we dont use.
    Every new at that area making new nome in over colony use light while connecting from wire outside, from that it load goes own
    & I m ver dissatisfied from this, Bill person came and while outside checking they sad meter is rite, but i want to know if we are not consuming lite then why over bill is coming high.
    I want to fing reason behind of it.
    And want to punishable those persons who are stoling of lite while not paying to govet.
    Neighors A/c use, Battery use of lite but bill came onlyt 1000Rs/- as per
    It is rite & SDM taking no action regarding this part
    It is very terrible that no one helping us.
    Only take money from us.
    Tell me solution how can do it.
    Someone is consuming over lite or over meter is going high it is not over fault it is only the govt fault that they are helping that typers of peolple.
    As we know in some areas people use lot of light in this homes as they have all necessary things in their homes
    And in hindi peoples they do tanka with wires
    & pay only 200Rs/- to 500Rs/- and know so many houses which do tanka, and especially firsly from police lne complaint about this matter when we are at rent
    but bijli dept employees came and no action taken only at that apart from that month over bill was less came
    But at over home at sec-8 near railway line over bill is coming at exceed part
    I think that consumer wile doing complaint they will help us
    Isha Batra
    ishikabatra20@gmail.com

Urgent need help

Default Complaint on APCPDCL Andhra Pradesh

Respect Sir,
    I am Kranthi Kumar resident of Mohan Nagar,Kothapet, Hyderabad,Ranga Reddy Dist-500035,Andra Pradesh.

I have electricity connection by APCPDCL Andhra Pradesh, Service Number: 127009801, I am staying as rental basis in current residence.

Since one year Every month I am getting around 300+ rupees extra bill this month (Feb-2014) also I made 75 units bill is 513/-.
    Regarding this I asked lineman, He said this 315/- bill belongs to 9/2011 year. In bill it is showing FSA 09/11: 315/- .Then I asked why should I pay 2011 year bill, That period of time (2011) I was not residing in this house, Lineman said all are getting like you only, all are paying why you only asking for 300/-, You should pay that’s it ,And he said you will get extra bill till 2015.
    I don’t understand why all the people are paying extra bill and to whom should I ask/complaint

I request you to please look into the matter and take action on my complaint APCPDCL.

Thanks in Advance,
    Kranthi Kumar
    Email:kyelijala@gmail.com

Default Excess Current Bill

My Self G.Sravan Kumar, I have Excess Current bill every month when i kept request for the Cat - 1 Home commercials and we have paid last Month current bill, even we have the receipt online and the current bill which is generated this month included both the months march and april saying that we didnt paid last month bill which is not updated in there database.

Its hope less goverment this is not first time its i second time i have the problem again and again and iam busy with my job i dont have time to resolve this problems if i check they ask to enqury at electric office.

Sravan

Angry Re: Excess bill

Hi Electric Board,

This is G.Sravan Kumar,iam from Hafeezpet,Hyderabad. I have excess power bill which i paid the amount online 1216 ruppees for the feb month and march and now they added preveous month bill in the current april month bill and all together iam getin 2865 ruppees

what electric board and their standards are up to wasting money and time of common people and this is 3rd time i have problem and to resolve i should every time go to electric board and resolve it waiting my time

Sravan

Default house rent owner more charge for electricity

I m staying in news friends colony jullana. So we r staying for rent. My house owner charged RS 8 per unit. Some people thr give RS 8.5. I reguest to electricity department to more concert in people who staying in rent. All the people have same problem.

Default High Electricity Bill (unacceptable) - Consumer Number: 170011719000

This is with reference to the high electricity bill of Consumer Number: 170011719000.

On 4th September I received a bill for energy usage between 24th July 2014 and 24th August 2014 wherein I have been charged the sum of Rs.5010.

The unit stated on the bill is inaccurate because we are very much into cost savings and we do not have air conditioner, heater or high energy consuming electrical goods at home. We live in a small 2BHK with open kitchen and whenever we sit in the living room, we make sure that all other lights and fans are switched off. During this whole period we had water problem and hence used to store the water and heat it on gas for bathing purpose. Also, there was no current for full 48 hours during this period. We are facing lot of power cuts in our building wherein on an average there is no electricity for 2 hours a day apart from the 48 hours power cut that took place. We have been living here for more 2 years and never have we paid such an exorbitant bill of Rs.5010. On an average, we pay a monthly bill of Rs.850/-.

I visited the PMC in Pashan SUS road on 7th of September and they asked me to come back on 15th September as the person in charge was not on his seat. I once again visited their office today and they casually told me that he was not there. Now they are telling me to pay the amount as the next bill will be of the same amount. This is really ridiculous as they are of no help at all.

I firmly state that meter is faulty and request your kind intervenes to sort this matter.

Yours Sincerely