This is regarding a residential complex 'Zinnea' being constructed on Banglore bypass highway near Chandani Chowk, Bavadhan, Pune by builders 'Surana Bhansali Natekar'
The booking for this site started in early 2007 and the completion of one of the wings was promised by Dec 2009. As every builder usually gives completion dates which are aggressive (false) a six month delay was considered. But this went beyond that timeline.
The builder then started giving possession as and when the customers approached and complained about the delay. The attitude shown by the builder was completely like a favor being done on the consumers. The incomplete site has offered to consumers. The helpless consumers who have put in the hard earned money and waited for long enough had no option but to shift to this premise. The builder has played safe and made the consumers sign an agreement letter which specifies that they would NOT complaint about this latter.
The plight of consumers/residents doesnt end here. Following are the issues faced by the current occupants:
- First and foremost the construction is not complete and hence no occupation and possession certificate is provided. This makes the builder feel that it is a favor done on its the residents.
- This is a 11 stored apartment where a working elevator was implicit. This has not been since day one when occupation was allowed. Even today with 2 elevators in place there are petty issues. It shows the poor quality of material & workmanship (Thought the elevators are from Otis).
- There is no proper electric supply. No electric meters are fitted. Voltage fluctuations and power cuts are common. Many residents have damaged electrical & electronic appliance due the same. An lumpsome amount of ~1 lac ruppes has already been taken from the residents for providing the electric meters. Nothing has been done on this front.
- Still many residents do NOT have proper covered parking place even though the charges for the same have already been paid. This is ~ 2 lac rupees.
- The workmanship in the construction is definetly a concern.
- Maintainance cost for this premise which is more than 1 lac ruppes has already been collected by the builder.
- Another major concern that remains is approach to this site is NOT in place. Builders had falsely made booklets / brochers which showed 'proposed service road' connecting the site. After a lot of inquire it has been clarified by PMC / local corporator / other sources that no such proposal exists. Also if it does it is NOT a prioriy and concern for anyone involved (local muncipal body or the builder)
- Flats are still being sold with false promises of posession of the remaining wings by early 2011 :-)
The residents are not asking for compensation for delayed possesion or interest on the amount which resides with the builder (nearly 4 lac rupees per flat)
Their only concern is early completion of the construction and resolution to the issues.
Putting these concerns on this forum is one of the ways to spread awareness of the issues in 'Zinnea'.
I am sure this is not the first case in Pune. There is no expectation of any solution the issue.
Consumers please be aware of the facts before investing your hard earned money.
I am staying in Narhe. I have booked a flat in Krishna Tower (Bhumkar Nager, Narhe) on Feb 2011. Builder promised me that he will handover flat in a year. He was about to complete his Town planning document and others, so he did my agreement of flat on July 2011. I have already paid 90% Flat amount and also paid my Service tax and VAT to builder. Now its been 2.5 years and still building construction is going on. It seems it will take another 1.5 year. I am very frustrated because my home loan full EMI is deducting from my salary and also I am staying in rented house. I have to pay both home loan EMI and home rent.
When I am calling builder then he forward my call to his wife. And she speak nonsense on the phone. She said that you will get flat after building is complete when I called her last time. She want me to go to Police and call her from there. I am salaried person, and I don't want to make any issue. I don't know what to do in this situation.
I have agreement copy, paid receipt for Service tax and VAT.
Please help me and get me out of this.
Building - Krishna Tower
Construction - Media Group Of construction
Office Address - Corporate: M/S Krishna Developers,1322, Media House, Shivaji Nager,Gavthan,Pune-411005
Office: CTS. No. 82, Butte Patil Tower, 3rd Floor, Flat no. 10, Ganjave Chowk, Pune-411030"