Thread: Make My Trip - Bus Booking- Cancellation Refund Delay

anupk is offline Junior Member
    Oct 2010

Thumbs down Make My Trip - Bus Booking- Cancellation Refund Delay

Please note that this complaint is with regard to Bus Services booked by Make My Trip.
    Just to brief, I have booked a bus ticket (Booking ID NU21134912099143) from Delhi to Manali for 8th of October, 2010. I've been provided e-ticket with seat number along with Bus Operator "Himachal Holidays Volvo Bus" contact details i.e. 9953840007. When I reached at the boarding point at scheduled time i.e. 9:00PM at ISBT, Kashmiri Gate. I called to the Bus Operator at his provided contact number 09953840007 for assistance so that i can reach at bus. He answered my call and requested me to stay at Metro Gate only and he will send someone within 5 minutes. But after a long wait approx half an hour I again called him and tried 7-8 times to contact him. But didn't get any response from that side.
    Now in this condition i directly call to Make My Trip Customer Care @ 1800-103-8765; Mr. Amit Kamoj responded my call. I explained him the whole scenario and asked him the alternate solution. He also tried to call the bus operator but the bus operator this time also not picked his call too.
    Then Amit Kamoj conveyed me that its better to cancel the ticket; at the same moment i confirmed for cancellation and asked how long it will take to refund and what should i proceed further for the same. He said it will take 7 working days and you need not to do anything further. I also requested him to send me the cancellation request Id in mail but i didn't get any confirmation mail from Make My Trip.

On 10th Oct, 2010 I again called to the Make My Trip customer care; Mr. Aditya Kumar recieved my call, I was willing to know my refund status, then he explained me that the concern team is working on this and they will let you know. I again asked for confirmation mail regarding my cancellation process but again i didn't get any response.

On 12th October, 2010 I again called to Make My Trip customer care, this time I talked to Mr, Adnan. He listen my issue and keep me in hold for few minutes and explained that just now he had a word with the concern BUS operator and they confirmed that due to some technical issue they were failed to provide the bus service on scheduled date i.e. 8th of October, 2010. And i'll be getting my refund next day i.e. 13th of October, 2010 and a confirmation mail for the same.

On 14th October, 2010 when i didn't get any response from Make My Trip regarding my refund status I again called to the customer care and this time I talked to the Make My Trip customer care to Miss Minaki (not remember the exact name) she listen my query and talked to the bus operator and explained me that Bus Operator has confirmed my travel, Means I have travelled from Delhi to Manali from his bus. After listening that i've requested her to transfer the call to higher level. I spoke to Customer Care Supervisor Mr. Girish. I again explained the whole scenario to him. He said he will look into the issue and get back to me within 12 hours.

I want to know from Make My Trip for the process which they are following to deal with the customers.
    1. Why I have not been provided any confirmation mail or id regarding my cancellation Bus ticket.
    2. Why I have not been informed that you need to proof that you have not travelled the schedule date. either by physically in their nearest office.
    3. If a customer has requested for the cancellation why it takes a so long process to dig the truth.
    4. No follow up update from Make My Trip to the customer.
    5. Why Make My Trip is providing to book Bus tickets if they are capable of managing the same.
    6. How long the process to get confirmation from Bus Vendor wheather customer travelled or not? Although i guess its not required in my case as here Make My Trip customer care executive itself called to bus operator at the travel date and confirmed that the bus operator has not responded his call.

Although i've all proof that i've not travelled from Delhi to Manali and I travelled from Delhi to Jaipur on 9th of October, 2010. Along with all proofs; if required i can present the same.
    Is this the way, Make My Trip guys use to deal with customers? Worst customer care assistance ever experienced.
    Requested to the concerned authorities to look into the issue and let me know how to proceed further.

Thanking You!
    Anup Kumar

Arun_Kumar31 is offline Junior Member
    Jan 2011

Default Same incident with same operator through makemy trip...

I had the same incident with the same bus operator through makemytrip which is yet to be resolved. I have posted my compaint against this website. Its same incident and to me it seems a fraud, with tickets been booked, no bus available and there is no refund too. Serious action need to resolve this iterations.

Default Refund not received agst. Cancelled Bus PNR/Ticket No. 4311645-236620

This is to inform you that i had not received any refund amount at your end agst. Booked Ticket in City Look Bus Service PNR No. 4311645-236620 dt. 03.12.2012. This Bus cancelled at your end. So please check properly and refund my full payment in my account. And any query please contact on my no. +91-9671305854,09415693225

1. Failed Bus Booking through Make my trip