Airtel Mobile Billing problem
This is a discussion on Airtel Mobile Billing problem within the Product And Services forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; Dear Sir / Mam, I am a customer of Airtel mobile services for the past 1 and 1/2 years. i ...
- 09-15-2010, 06:15 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
Airtel Mobile Billing problem
Dear Sir / Mam,
I am a customer of Airtel mobile services for the past 1 and 1/2 years. i had recently applied for an International roaming service from Airtel as i had to make some professional trips on behalf of my company to Argentina and Brazil. I have the folowing complaints against the company
1. At the time of subscription of the International roaming services, there was nothing communicated by the customer care executive regarding Caller identification service of the local network provider during International roaming.
2. I had a local SIM card during this trip and the intention was that for the incoming calls i could cancel the call in my Airtel phone and call back on the same number from my local SIM card phone. But during the trip of 15 days to these two countries, the incoming call number was not displayed for 13 days. On the last two days the number automatically started getting displayed. Now i have a mobile bill of Rs.4500 approx out of which Rs.1850 approx is for Incoming calls during International roaming. When i questioned Airtel on this amount of Rs.1850 for incoming calls
- They initially denied waiving off this amount saying that i had received the calls. But my question is that i did not have any option. All of us during International roaming are concerned about things back at home and also there could be important professional calls. If the number does not get displayed what option am i left with. If i had not received calls i would not know who is calling me and could have missed on some urgent and important calls
- Gradually they decided to give me a waiver of Rs.1000/- on the total bill amount as has been mentioned above maintaing the same arguement that I am not being given a complete waiver of Rs.1850/- because i had received calls. But this according to me this is an absurd arguement. I was left with no other option during those days than to receive the calls. Telephonic conversations records must be lying with Airtel wherein they have made this point that i am being charged because i had received calls. Since it is because of Airtel I have incurred expenses twice which could have been otherwise incurred once. Once with the Airtel mobile and once with local SIM card phone. When they can give me a waiver of Rs.1000/- admitting their own mistake and also the inconvenience that has been caused to me, why cannot i have a waiver of Rs.1850/- the complete amount incurred on incoming calls during the travel?
- On top of all this during this International trip, i had calls from Airtel customer care executive asking why was the amount billed to me last month lower than my average amount. Sir / Mam, this is ridculous. You receive a call from an Airtel customer care executive at 3 o'clock in the night at Latin American time asking why has the amount billed to me last month lower than the average. This shows that their is no system integration at Airtel and the respective departments are working in silos. While one activates International roaming the other calls up and asks about the paid bill of last month. This call was made twice and has caused enough mental harrassment to me.
3. During this trip I received various promotional sms's and i am being charged for the same as well. Now i have made requests in the past to stop these promotional sms's and this has been stopped for a couple of days only to start again on its own. Now when i claim that i have made a request to stop promotional sms's, i am being asked for the date. How is it possible for me to remember the date when i have made a request to stop these promotional sms's
Why should i pay for the promotional sms's during International roaming?
Why cannot promotional sms's be blocked during International roaming ?
Who in the country would want to incurr expenses on promotional sms's during International roaming. Most of the population is just not interested?
It has often been observed that the frequency of promotional sms's just increases when you are on International roaming. Is this the strategy of the service providers to multiply their earnings during National and International roaming.
I have requested Airtel that i am ready to pay for the Outgoing calls + sms's + International roaming charges + other part of the bill which i had incurred in India. I am asking for a waiver on the Incoming calls and the promotional sms's but sometimes they give me a credit of Rs.1000/- and sometimes they claim that the charges levied by them are valid. I have these in writing with me.
I now demand a full waiver of the Incoming calls + promotional sms's during a period of those 15 days when the International roaming was activated and also an amount for harrassing the customer.
I request your interference and judgement in this process.
Thanks and best regards
+91 90040 99460
- By Unregistered in forum Mobile Billing ProblemReplies: 40Last Post: 04-10-2013, 03:08 PM
- By nilesh123 in forum Mobile Billing ProblemReplies: 7Last Post: 09-17-2010, 11:28 PM
- By Rupali Dasharath Rahate in forum Mobile Billing ProblemReplies: 0Last Post: 08-19-2010, 09:21 PM
- By RoshanWankar in forum Mobile Billing ProblemReplies: 0Last Post: 03-02-2009, 07:44 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Mobile Billing ProblemReplies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2009, 06:43 PM