This is a discussion on Tamil Nadu within the Product And Services forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi Friday said information and communication technologies could pave the way for greater opportunities for ...
- 08-28-2010, 02:04 PM #1Unregistered Guest
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi Friday said information and communication technologies could pave the way for greater opportunities for people, especially the poor.
Speaking at Connect 2006, an exposition sponsored by the Confederation of Indian Industry, Karunanidhi said: "IT revolution will have no relevance if it does not improve the lives of the poor in the state."
"It can provide opportunities for touching the untouched and approaching the unapproached."
He said his government was committed to win the war against hunger, deprivation, inequality and unemployment.
"The state now has an exclusive IT policy to consolidate the gains and propel the IT industry into a higher growth."
The new policy will encompass all aspects of the industry-software, IT-enabled services, business process outsourcing, product development and knowledge process outsourcing, he said.
Karunanidhi confirmed a second Tidel Park (an IT companies' hub) would be established here.
In his keynote address, union Telecommunications Minister Dayanidhi Maran attributed the success of the state's software and services industry to high-end knowledge component.
- By Unregistered in forum Bad Response or BribeReplies: 0Last Post: 08-28-2010, 12:13 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Product And ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-20-2010, 12:57 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Product And ServicesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2010, 01:52 PM
- By Unregistered in forum EntertainmentReplies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2010, 11:46 AM
- By adv.singh in forum HospitalReplies: 0Last Post: 01-22-2010, 03:07 PM