Thread: what is personal loan settlement and role of CIBIL

hkreddy is offline Junior Member
    Jun 2009

Default what is personal loan settlement and role of CIBIL

Click image for larger version.

Name:	cibil.jpg
Views:	1947
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	5831I have a personal loan from ICICI bank the loan amount is 438500/- it was to be paid back in 24 equated monthly installments with interest and principal components. This loan was insured for health,death and loss of job with ICICI Lombard. I lost my job in december 2008 but was able to pay till feb 2009 later i could not pay for 3 months and paid in 4th month installment.ICICI LOMBARD INSURENCE COMPANY did not come to my help in difficult times AND MY CLAIM WAS REJECTED STATING IT IS AN INTENTIONAL RESIGNATION THOUGH I WAS FORCED TO RESIGN.I REQUESTED WITH ICICI BANK AND INSURANCE COMPANY WITH SEVERAL EMAILS BUT STILL THEY ARE NOT RESPONDING BUT PROMPTLY ADDING INTEREST,LATE PAYMENT FEE ETC. At one instant an executive who visited my home had reffered about mutual settlement which i did not understand and requested written letter before giving a cheque but the person never turned up. then i requested settlement of loan on line by email to customer care at senior management they offered rs 50,000 as single payment for final settlement amount against balance 8 installments and 3 defaulted installments total approx 220000/- i was shocked but accepted the offer. But when i requested the letter for it and legal conditions of settlement icici bank refused to issue letter. Can a bank go back on it's own email message I also have letter from the bank that my default are reported to cibil what is that. shall i pay 50000/- to bank and consider my loan is settled? Is SIBIL Give details of Fd i have for my future life in the event of prolonged un employment and default.

akshaysinha24 is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2009

Hi ,

You should know your right
    and also call the lawyer incase if needed they just cannot harras you as per RBI guidlines

.I am giving you this sugestion because i have also been to this situation .Also please

contact Mr ChandraMouli at 09444484192.

Rgds
    Akshay

Default do not pay a single rupee until u get the settlement letter hard copy from bank

pay the amount towards ur loan account number in the bank and take the reciept.

do not hand over the cash to the xecutive or the bank person in hand as they will issue afake settlement letter and later say that u did not pay any amount.
    be carefull.

Default Personal Loan Issues

I have Personal Loan in ICICI Bank . I have Paid EMI upto Feb 2009 ,
    9 months due from my side, So i want to do the settlement,Few days back i got a call from settlement department,

What should i Pay Whether Cash Or Cheque??

If Cash , To Whom should I handover the money ?? , Whether Settlement Executives or Any ICICI Branch

If cheque, What name should i mentioned in Chque ?? Bank or Settlmenent Department

How should i identify the settlement documents whether Original or Fake Documents

Because bank was not intract with me..Settlement Department Executives only Co-ordinating for Settilement.
    How should i identify whether thease executives are coming from bank for settilement

Intially i have given 10 cheques to ICICI Bank for Security Purpose, When the cheque will be return back to me. After Got a Settlement Letter

ICICI Bank Care is offline Senior Member
    Sep 2009

Pls. clarify Some one

We're sorry about the trouble. Please write to us with your contact details and loan account number at care@icicibank.com. We'll contact you and work to address your issue.

ICICI Customer Service Team.

vin is offline Junior Member
    Jan 2010

Default Unable to pay next 5 installments

Dear Members

I ahd taken a personal loan from HSBC in Feb 2008 ( I was an HSBC employee then). There were two personal loans of INR 1,80,000 all together.
    I have been paying the monthly installments regularly without fail.
    In July 2008 I quit my job and came to Europe for higher studies. I specialised in Market Finance and given the economic crisis in Europe over last year and a half I havent been able to find a job yet, after completing my studies.
    I had sent a mail to the the Nodal Officer of HSBC requesting if it is possible to defer my loan payments for next 5-6 months i.e. Jan 2010 to June 2010.
    My request was declined by the nodal officer.
    I have every intention to repay the loan but given my current financial situation I am no in a position to pay any installments for next 5-6 months.

Can anyone please suggest me a way out of this?
    I would also like to know the worst case scenario if I am unable to pay the monthly installments over next few months as I am worried about the fact that since I am not in India anymore the bank would harass my old parents back in India.

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Dear Members

I have been paying the monthly installments regularly without fail.
    My request was declined by the nodal officer.

Can anyone please suggest me a way out of this?

Many Thanks

vin

As per rule bank can file a legal case against you.

Post Warrant issued to me for personal loan

i have a personal loan with Icici Bank and i recieved call from delhi high court that on my arrest warrant is been declared because of check bounces.

i have tried to settle the account with hyderabd local legal team but they are asking make full amount. I cannot pay the full amount but lesser amount with three installements is OK with me but i dont know how to convince these legal team in Hyd.

Can i any one suggest me on this

Raghu

Can i any one suggest me on this

Raghu
    We suggest you to contact to any good lawyer.

Default what is the legal procedure for settlement of personal loan

i am a businessman and also a senior citizen. oflate i have lost all my business deal . i have 2 personal loan which i was regularly paying since last 3 - 4 yrs without any default of a single day . now i am not in position to pay a single emi .
    at this age i do not have the strength to altercate with bank personnel or run behind different branches.
    how can proceed legally so that both of us amicably solve the matter without any harrasement.

need ur help and support

thanks & Regards
    utpal

akg2010kcd Guest

Default settlement for personal loan

Personal Loan Issues

I have Personal Loan in ICICI Bank . I have Paid EMI upto Feb 2009 ,
    9 months due from my side, So i want to do the settlement,Few days back i want settlement ,

Default settlement for personal loan

Personal loan settlement
    I have Personal Loan in CITI Bank . I have Paid 14 EMI out 48 EMI, i have lost my job in sep. 2008, so i can not give the full EMI Amount, i have called citi bank customer care, i told, plz. reduces my emi amount, but they not agree in this matter, so i am not giving emi amount from sep. 2009. and i want settlement .

plz. help me

advocate's Avatar
    advocate is offline Moderator

Sorry to say but yet we are not providing any help with settlement.

Default About settlement procedure

I have taken a loan of 200000 in january-2008 due to financial crash from ICICI bank.
    This loan helped me (thanks to ICICI bank)
    After taking this I was more suffered from my business presently I paying emi regularly but after 2-3 months I will not be able to pay this emi because I have a little child & after 2-3 months he will going to school and officially it`s expense will not a little amount like it.
    so I thought that I have one Way to reduce this tension through close this account , I went to the bank & asked for "FC" they said an amount but it was little more than my all deposites.
    Could the bank offer me to give me a waiver like 5 to 7 percent.
    or give me much time to arrange it because of my child`s educational term to be started and huge work is pending so please say me what`s the right way Do "FC" or settle this case?
    thanking you.

sandesh kumar Guest

Default Harrsement by home loan settelment department karnal

DEAR SIR,

REMINDER TWO FOR REQUIRED ACTION AND POSITIVE RESPONSE.

REGARDS

THE BRANCH HEAD(PANIPAT) AND SURROUNDING AREA. MR JITENDRA TOLD ME THAT
    MR.MANDEEP IS HANDLING MY CASE SO I SHOULD CONTACT HIM AND WHEN I CONTACTED
    HIM ON PHONE HE STARTED ABUSING ME IN A VERY FILTHY LANGUAGE.I AM VERY
    SURPRISED AS HE DID NOT GAVE ME EVEN CHANCE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING.HE ASKED
    ME TO COME AT A CYCLE SHOP AT KARNAL INSTEAD OF BRANCH OFFICE FOR SETTLEMENT.
    IS THIS IS THE WAY TO TALK TO YOUR CUSTOMER WHO HAS COME FOR FINAL SETTLEMENT?
    I CAME TO KARNAL AS PER YOUR INSTRUCTIONS. I SPENT A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF
    MONEY AND TIME TO REACH KARNAL.MY TIME IS ALSO VERY IMPORTANT AND I AM IN REGULAR
    CONTACT WITH YOU VIA E-MAIL.I INTEND 100% TO SORT OUT MY LOAN BUT HOW CAN YOUR
    EMPLOYEE AT SUCH A SENIOR POST(BRANCH MANAGER PANIPAT) CAN BEHAVE LIKE A THIS?
    HE BEHAVED LIKE A GUNDA AND USED A VERY FILTHY AND VULGAR LANGUAGE TO THREATEN
    ME.AS YOUR VALUED CUSTOMER I DEMAND A REASONABLE DISCIPLINARY ACTION BEFORE MY
    SETTLEMENT OF ACCOUNT.KINDLY LOOK INTO THE MATTER BEFORE YOUR BANK'S 31ST MARCH
    CLOSING.AFTER THIS TREATMENT IAM NOT ABLE TO VISIT YOUR KARNAL BRANCH AT ALL.
    KINDLY SUGGEST ME ANOTHER OPTION.

REGARDS