Thread: Unable to Pay EMI

ajeey is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2009

Default Unable to Pay EMI

Hi...I had taken a Personal Loan from HDFC in Nov for my marriage...unfortunately after 2 months i lost my job and haven't been able to find one since then. Even though i had lost my job till last month i kept my commitment and paid the bank EMI regularly. Unfortunately i have exhausted all my savings and not able to pay the EMI. The recovery agents are calling up continuously and though i have explained the situation to them, they are not understanding and continue to harass me.

Pls suggest what should be done.

Awaiting ur reply

Ajay Nair
    Ahmedabad

If the recovery agents are harassing you, then you can lodge the complaint against them in the local police station, but you have to pay your dues because the bank can also file a complaint against you for cheque dishonor.

ajeey is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Is there any way i can take a 1 or 2 month break and then resume the EMI. I m willing to pay the late payment fines.

Ajay Nair

For that you have to talk to the bank officials.

akshaysinha24 is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2009

Hi ,

You should know your right
    and also call the lawyer incase if needed they just cannot harras you as per RBI guidlines

.I am giving you this sugestion because i have also been to this situation .Also please

contact Mr ChandraMouli at 09444484192.

Akshay

stanley_sp Guest

Unhappy Personal Loan not payable after a job loss since past 1 year

I have been laid off by my company in September 2008, since then I am either in bad luck or whatever you have to say. I have not been able to get a job at all ....I have tried all kinds of things including trying to setup my own business, but in vain, I am right now jobless for more than a year, after working for 16 years its like a stand still.

Anyways thats way too personal, the reason I am writing this is I had taken a personal loan from ING Vysya for 6 lakhs, after my job lay off, I was in no position, family deserted me, etc..I did not contact the bank or pay any EMI's.... I got a call from a Legal person a few weeks back asking me to pay the same at any cost. I have no job for the past more than 1 year, no person or family supporting me. How will I ever repay the amounts, I agree after getting a job I will surely repay the amounts one by one. Can you suggest me what to do ?..>In short I am in no position to pay any amt what so ever, if U can imagine how I am surviving under a chawl roof (at one time had a 3 BHK)...I dont have any assets also...I have heard that there is a way to stop the loan and repay once I get a job. Do let me know those detals.

Warm regards
    Stanley

Aloc Guest

Default Emi payments after losing job

I have lost my job since November. I had credits cards and loan EMI payments which i used to pay everymonth. but since i lost the job, im not able to make the payments. The bank peoples they keep calling me and come to my old office and my residence. If there is any way, that i can stop the payments for a period of time without the collection peoples calling me. I know i owe the money to the banks and im not going to run away.But as soon as i get a job, ill start making the payments. Kindly help me..

Default personal loan

Hello Sir,

i have taken personal loan for 2 years from hdfc in January 2009, and paid my EMI till December 2009, after that i lost my job and some other family problems, i was unable to pay EMI from last 6 months, my address and ph. no already change but i didn't receive any email, mail or ph. form bank, but now i want to continue my EMI again, may be bank already file a complains against me because that time i submit 3 blank cheque.
    but i want to settlement for this amount or Re-continue EMI. Please help me out what need to do??? if bank already file a case against me then how can i get out of this? Please suggest.

Thanks!

HDFC Bank Guest

Default Response - personal loan

Hello Sir,

Thanks!

We would need a few additional details from you to be able to investigate this matter further. Request you to write in to us directly at talktous@hdfcbank.com with your loan account number, contact details and the reference id TTU00079525072010. A bank representative shall contact you as soon as we receive this information.

armohammed is offline Junior Member
    Oct 2010

Question Taken Personal loan but not able pay has i left my lost my job

i have taken a personal loan from hsbc 2.5 lac in Jan2007 and I was able to pay the edi of 6615 every month till jan 2009, after this due to recession i lost my job, I asked for the settlement. after this much time they have send me notice from lok adalat to pay 1.83 lacs, which i cant pay.
    What shall i do , please help.

armohammed is offline Junior Member
    Oct 2010

Question Taken Personal loan but not able pay has i lost my job

What shall i do , please help.

Vinod Pawar is offline Junior Member
    Sep 2010

have taken personnel loan from a HDFC bank at the time I was working in reputed software co.. They have issued the Loan depending upon My only source of income i.e. My salary. But Once I have been terminated from my Job.I was suffering from some stomach illness. I was not working for last 1years because of the 'Long process of recovery' from that illness. Now its difficult to get job of same level where I was because of lack of experience and the Big Gap in my career.
    The bank people now calling me and threatening to go for legal action and will file a police warrant on my name. In this situation I am not still able to repay the loan. I don't have any valuable things like property, bank etc to provide them as security.
    Now I want an advice - What should I do in this matter? Can I get relief from this loan by any legal action. Is it really possible to make police warrant on my name. I dont stay in the place what I given to them as address proof. I ve given my native place village address.
    Now the bank people used to call my uncles family and threatening, also they issued warrant on my native address, but we didn’t received it.I want to pay them but onl when I get job,now at present I m jobless and we r living on fathers pension.

HDFC Bank is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinod Pawar View Post
    Dear customer,

We would like to work with you on the issue of your loan repayment – request you to write to us at talktous@hdfcbank.com with your loan account number, contact details and the reference id TTU00115711102010. A bank representative shall contact you as soon as we receive this information.

HDFC Bank is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinod Pawar View Post
    Dear customer,

Just a reminder that we still haven't heard from you. Request you to write to us at talktous@hdfcbank.com with your loan account number, contact details and the reference id TTU00115711102010. A bank representative shall contact you as soon as we receive this information.

Arrow complaint

i have taken personal loan for 3 years from hdfc in January 2008, and paid my EMI till December 2009, after that i lost my job and some other family problems, i was unable to pay EMI from last 6 months, my address and ph. no already change but i didn't receive any email, mail or ph. form bank

1. Unable to get NOC from HSBC
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 11:31 AM
  4. unable to access GPRS on my Reliance GSM
    By ankur in forum Mobile Services
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 08:45 PM
  5. Unable to Pay Loan EMI.
    By Unregistered in forum Other Loans