Thread: Complaint Against HP Laptop and HP service Center

sabita mohanty Guest

Post Complaint Against HP Laptop and HP service Center

Dear All,

I am Sabita and I ordered a HP-Pavillion DV2701Tx. Having used HP workstations and other equipment back while I was in college, I knew that this company was known for solid engineering and reliability. And in fact, HP touts “A reputation for quality and reliability” as part of its brand promise

But here I sit, typing this letter to you, as I have had to send my HP Laptop in for repair (or replacement) for a fifth time. As it stands, I estimate that I’ve hadn't used this laptop continuously for at least a month from the day I purchased the same; and that I have personally invested about a lot of my own time working with your tech support team to try to work through various issues in order to end up with a stable, correctly configured system.
    This is what Happened..
    It turns out that the motherboard and the Display Driver used in my laptop is prone to cause the computer to “blue screen” or lock-up. And this issue has spawned literally thousands of customer complaints on your own support forums.
    My system began showing these Problems shortly after purchase. So I took it to the service center for the repairing but to my sorrow I kept going in a loop. The customer care kept insisting that I don't have extended warranty, so I even purchased the extended warranty. But after 3 years of my purchase I am not even able to remember How many times my system board got replaced and how many times the LCD panel is replaced along with a total loss of time and a frustrated mind with a deep feeling of being cheated.
    My Customer support system is Maha Electronics Located in Hyderabad,India.The center supervisor Mr.K srinivas along with senior technical support Mr. Paul told me that this definitely a faulty system.They were just keeping on replacing the MotherBoard /Display Panel withount exclating the matter to the higher authority regardless of a lot of complains from me.
    Up to My knowledge I had replaced Motherboard and Display panel about 5-6 times:
    Ref:NB1117-014
    Ref:NB0102-035
    Ref:NB0326-011
    Now again the history repeats itself. This time my laptop is out of warranty .And the service center had given me the quotation of Rs 23,507.00.
    I want to bring this to your account that I purchased the laptop for Rs 49,900.00.Adding to that I had even purchased the extended warranty for Rs 6500.00.And now again I am put into this situation where I have to buy the mother board to get my laptop going .

Again to my utter surprise the service center technicians have not excalated this matter to their higher authority even. I am going to take a strict action against them by taking them to court by giving a case of fraud and cheat.

sharmakaushal is offline Junior Member
    May 2012

I am the student of EMAX GROUP OF COLLEGE, AMBALA. this college demand next semester fees before 3 months starting next semester ( like if i am in 2nd semester they demanding fees for 3rd sem AND 3rd sem willl start from end of August, if any student will not pay they will not providing Roll no for 2nd sem for whom the student have already paid) plz justify....

regards,
    K.SHARMA

pallavi Guest

Default cheat regarding warrenty

hello,
    I m pallavi.I had a hp pavillion dv6 last year on 27th of may 2011 and i had 1 year extended warrenty also but now when i checked 4 the warrenty they are saying its expired on 12th of jan 2012.well the problem is my cd drive is nt working.i want 2 get it replaced...

gulistani Guest

Default laptop

dear sir i bat 1 laptop next year 26,11,2011
    and now i have a problum with his cooling fane .
    so please halpe me .
    ali.kid97@yahoo.com

Default Faulty HP Laptop

1. I am Lt Col C Ravindra Reddy. I Purchased a HP-Pavilion Notebook G6-1201TX (QG470PA#ACJ) on 24 Dec 2011. While involved in procurement of IT equipment, I thought, HP was known for solid engineering and reliability. And in fact, HP touts “A reputation for quality and reliability” as part of its brand promise.

2. But my personal experience has been different, as I have had to send my HP Laptop in for repair (or replacement) for three times, and that I have personally invested about a lot of my own time working with HP tech support team to try to work through various issues in order to end up with a stable, correctly configured system.

3. The following are my complaint Ids:-
    (a) 4669724631
    (b) 4670211907
    (c) 4670361110
    (d) 4670996729
    (e) 4674873456

4. The problem with the system is two fold;
    (a) It shuts down on its own and it restarts. No error messages are displayed. There is no set pattern for this to happen. It may happen twice or thrice a day and sometimes does not happen even for week.
    (b) The other problem is that, the display becomes flickering and the system hangs. The only solution is switch off the system. The frequency of this occurrence is again unpredictable as above.

5. My system began showing these Problems shortly after purchase. Initially, the tech support team of HP tried to on-line diagnosis. All permutations and combinations such as system recovery, memory check or hard disk formatting were tried out with no results. Then the mother board was replaced. But no improvement in the functioning of the system was noticed as the above problems persisted. So I took it for repairing to customer support system, Syntech Pvt Ltd Located in Pune, India. They kept the system for observation for three to four days and detected no fault. Same thing continued for next three months. They take it for observation and return with no results.

6. As a result the laptop could not be used for which it was purchased.

7. The center supervisor Mr Umesh told me that this definitely is a faulty system. They were just taking the system for observation every time and did little to rectify the fault. They noticed flickering of screen while they had kept laptop with them for observation but did not notice shutting down. But it is evident as the frequency of this occurrence is unpredictable.

8. Now they want again take the system for observation which I protested as I feel, they want spend time till warranty period expires. I am insisting on replacement of the unit as I can not endlessly keep leaving my system with customer support system. Already it is looking a second hand system.

9. Please help me out and suggest way out.

PRAKASH KUMAR Guest

Post Till date not recived extended waranty certificate

RESPECTED SIR

I am pureches a HP laptop model no G6 1200 TX (PAVELION) from ComCon(I) soulution in Bhilai on dated 16.05.2012. and as per your offer for extended waranty iam sending you all docments including check of rs.1150/ dena bank bhilai(atpar check).through speed post. and as per speed post informetion by internet you have to recived on dated 23.05.2012.but till date i have not recived any informetion from your side.. my registretion no is for extended waranty-4786313.I recived this no from your mail.
    So i request to you pl.look this matter and send me informetion as soon as.

Dr.James is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2012

Default complaint against HP Pavillion company for defective motherboards on HP Laptop DV4

I had purchased my HP laptop on 5/05/2010 from TOTAL RECALL TECHNOLOGIES, Goa with one year warranty.
    Model No. HP Pavilion DV4- 2110TU, intel core i3.

Within 2 years the laptop sound control panel present on the keyboard started getting stuck and the whole laptop started getting hanged.
    I went to the HP authorized dealers in Goa, who inspected my laptop and told me that there is a motherboard problem. They have told me that the motherboard needs to be replaced which costs around 21000/-. Which is almost the cost of buying a brand new laptop.

I want to ask you, how can the Laptop of such a branded company get spoiled in just less than 2 years. The same problem is being faced by my colleagues also who had purchased HP Laptop 1 year back.
    Since I am a Medical student and i need to use my laptop frequently for my presentations and seminars and study purpose which i could not do for last 1 and half month, has caused me heavy problem and is affecting my carrier. I am not in a position to put such a big amount for repairing the system.

James Thomas
    Goa

Default HP2000 240canotebook

I bought this notebook for my daughter in October, 2011 and it started giving problems about 2-3 months later. We have been on the phone about 10 times since then and now and they have replaced the main board, hard disk, battery AC adapter. and it still has the same problem. It crashed on her numerous times, blue screens, she cannot watch her school lectures.

They have given us the run around, we have been on the phone for hours at a time. I even asked them to give me a credit and I would get another computer and they are unwilling to do that.

This computer is a lemon and HP should step up to the plate and replace it. I am sure it has already cost them more money to service and time with technical support than it would cost for a new machine.

Most of their staff is rude. One rep told her she needed to call another department and she asked for the number and she was told to google it.

Farooq Shaikh Guest

Unhappy serious complaint against HP Laptop model no- CQ43-403AU 39 C

I have purchased new Laptop model no. CQ43-403AU39 C from the Croma CBD belapur Navi Mumbai on dated 12/1/2012 @ price 23490.00 with extended warranty.
    After purchased new laptop I keep it to my home and went to other city for my job. During on April i was at my residential place I use my new Laptop, but after two days I found that my laptop was not working so I call the customer complaint as i faces the following problem-

1. problem 1- (no.4673844282) dt.-30/4/2012
    Laptop not working properly- Found Mother board faulty.
    Changed the mother board in warranty on dt.-4/5/2012

2. problem 2- (no.4679128177) dt.-31/7/2012
    laptop not charging- Found internal connector faulty.
    Changed internal connector on dt. 4/8/2012

3. Problem 3- (no. send Email by me) dt.- 24/8/2012
    Laptop not working- found same problem as (no.46734482)
    pending- Their customer relation officer told we can only repair the
    laptop and cant give the word it will working smoothly in
    future.
    From the above Scenario I feel that i have cheated by company, even though my unit is in warranty and not uses more then 10 hours, I faces lots of problem.
    Now the problem is pending and I requested them to change whole unit, but they refuse by giving simple answer " Its not in our policy"

I decided that i have to take strict action against them. Please help me in this regards.

Farooq Shaikh
    Mumbai

Default hp laptop mini on site warrantee not provided

i have been complaining for three weeks now to the hp service center for the engineer to visit but no response has been made to that customer id 4681605341 name sweta gupta on site warrantee has been provided but no service delivered

harkeshsharma33@gmail.com Guest

Default battery

my battery backup is very poor.i should change my battery.my email id is harkeshsharma33@gmail.com.my address is :-
    vill+post-bhipur doraha j.bad ,distt-bulandshahr (utter pradesh),pin coad-202394.plz a engg. visitt my siote early.

RAJANDER SINGH Guest

Default Repair hp laptop

My hp laptop no HP NB 630 I3 Sl No.5CB135 1SY4 P NO.QG634PA#ACJ PURCHAJ ON 16.10.2011 AT SR COMPUTER ANNEXE 1223 DD PLAZA, PUNJABI PATCH, MATHURA. AT PERSENT I SERVED IN CISF UNIT IOC BARAUNI QRT NO.L&T 32 REFINARY NAGAR TOWN SHIP BARAUNI BAGUSARI (BIHAR) & MY MOBILE NO. 8809942234 & 8409767130 . My HP LAPTOP NOT IN WORKING CONDITATION 27.09.2012. I SERVAL CALL TO SERVICE CENTER BUT NO ANY RESPONCE THEM. IT IS REQUESTED THAT TO TAKE ACTION FOR REPAIR LAPTOP DURING WARRANTI PERIOD.

RAJENDER SINGH

ITI_Nagpur Guest

Arrow Complaint against hp 6-desktop computer

My hp desktop no HP product no. B4K14PA#ACJ , SERIAL NO : INA216T9FX , HP compaq 6200 Pro small form factor.My HP DESKTOP NOT IN WORKING CONDITION FROM 27.09.2012. I CALL TO SERVICE CENTER BUT NO ANY RESPONSE THEM. IT IS REQUESTED THAT TO TAKE ACTION FOR REPAIR DESKTOP DURING WARRANTY PERIOD.

I want to ask you, how can the desktop of such a branded company get spoiled in just 2 months.

Suchandra Roy Guest

Default Warranty

I bought a hp mini laptop. i have faced so many problems with it. bt their service is so harassing. my warranty period almost being finished by harassment bt I can't get a proper service still now. I'm harassed and too disapointed. I'm from kolkata. my case id 5688561138

Default Complaint regarding Hp ENVY 6-1001 TU Notebook PC

This is in reference to our Complaint No.s 4683508120 & 4687675938 – 461 made to HP.

We had purchased this product on 10 Jun 2012 from one of your stores in Delhi. Your Engineer visited our site twice for the same problem and did take the corrective action. We are of the view that this problem is a manufacturing defect and erupt any time as just now we are getting some unusual noise while closing the screen off as well as while opening it & so the LCD back cover is about to break from Hinge again. This would be the 3rd time that the same problem has come up with in 6months of purchase of the product & “Every time we complain it takes about 15-20days to get the part replaced as they always say that it takes time to get the availability of the parts”

We are using this product for our business purpose & it gets highly affected due to this problem. We also came to know that the company has stopped the production of this model & we feel that any problem in future shall be difficult to be solved.

As of now we have got a one year Onsite Hardware warranty for this product & so we are getting it repaired under the warranty but who will be responsible for this breakage after the warranty period will be over?

We have purchased this model from your company being a company of well-known repute in the market. To upkeep the status of the company, as a policy matter, the companies prefer the replacement of the defective product.

In view of this we request you to kindly replace this model with any other suitable model.

Hope our request shall receive a positive response.

Last Post: 06-29-2012, 05:27 PM