Thread: Passport delay

avishal_jain is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2009

Post Passport delay

I have applied for Passport of my wife & son on 17-11-2009 by Speed Post Centre Indore, My application date in Regional Passport Office, Bhopal is 13-12-2009. Police verification is done on 20-01-2010. But As i have checked status its showing Police Report is Incomplete.

I have many times called at RPO Bhopal but no one is picking up phone.

I have also sent many mails to RPO Bhopal, Passport Officer Joint Secretary (CPV) & Chief, Passport Central Public information Officer-Delhi,Passport Officer, Public Gr & Passport Appellate Authority-Delhi but no one is responding.

On 05-04-2010 I have recd reply by email from Passport Appellate Authority-Delhi he is saying pl submit PP Form again so on dated 04-05-2010 I have sent PP Form in three Copies by Speed Post No. EI039868415IN to RPO Bhopal but they are returned the post without given any reason.

On dated 14-05-2010 I meet Speed Post Centre Passport Officer Mr. Zafri and as per his instruction I have again sent PP Form by Speed Post No. EI039884483IN.

And Filed a RTI Application thorough GPO Indore as per guidance of RTIINDIA.ORG. he is charging me Rs. 15/- as UCR repct No. A2921 and given me acknowledgment on my applications xerox.

I have filled the RTI in following format

List of information requested by VISHAL JAIN under RTI ACT 2005. Application dated 17-Nov-2009 pertaining to his file no. BPLW302248 & BPLW302250 and year 2009 for issue of passport.

1. Daily progress made on my application till date of your reply.
    2. Names, designations and office addresses of the officials with whom my application was lying during this period and date wise period with each official and action taken by him/her.
    3. Please give evidence of receipt and dispatch of my application in the offices of each of these officials.
    4. Please inform me, according to your rules or citizens charter or any other order, number of days in which such a matter should have been dealt with and resolved. Please also provide a copy of these rules.
    5. As the officials have not adhered to the time limit mentioned in rules and are guilty of violating these rules please give a copy of their conduct rules and details of action taken by the RPO against erring officials.
    6. In case no action has been initiated for dereliction of duties against erring officials, the reasons be made known to me.
    7. Please inform me name of the police station/dept to whom application was referred for police verification with outward number, date of dispatch and date when reply was received by you. Photocopy of letter addressed to police for verification and proof of mailing be submitted to me.
    8. Please let me know when I am likely to receive my passport.
    9. Please inform me days taken by your office in issuing/renewing passports in last 25 applications excluding days required for police verification.
    10. Please inform me number of complaints for delay in issuing/renewing passports were received against your office in last one year or last financial year.

On dated 18-5-10 I recd a acknowledgment of Information request under RTI act 2005

Registration No. - 45200103/R/2010/0039
    Reg date - 14-05-10
    Req fwd to - MEA
    Add of Pub Auth - Room no. 801,MEA,Akbar Bhawan,Chanakyapuri
    Nodal Offcer - A.k. Nag (joint Sec - Wel & Inf.)

I recd the reply from Passport Officer, Bhopal on Dated 19.06.2010 vide Letter Ref No. BPL/551/08/06 dated 14.06.2010 by Speed Post No. EI113729665IN dated 16.06.2010.

Reply from Passport Officer.

"With reference to your letter under the Right to Information Act, 2005 received in this office on dated 17.05.2010 on the above noted subject. In this connection, you are hereby intimated as placed below:-

1). The reason for non-issuance of Passport To Mrs. Neha Vishal Jain (File Ref. No. BPL/W302248/2009) is that the Police verification report received by the Superintendent of Police, Indore with the remarks that your photo verification has not been done at the time of Police verification.

2). The reason for non-issuance of Passport To Master Tanish Jain (File Ref. No. BPL/W302250/2009) is that the Police verification report received by the Superintendent of Police, Indore with the remarks that your photo verification has not been done at the time of Police verification.He was also asked to submit clear certified copy of the proof of stay."

I have sent Forms two times by Speed Post No. EI039868415IN dated 04-05-2010, EI039884483IN dated 14-05-2010 but they are returned the post without given any reason.

On dated 23.06.2010 I recd a call from Passport Office Bhopal, he is saying me pl submit your verified paper, we will give you passport in 3-4 days, and withdraw you RTI, on dated 23.06.2010 I have sent the Police Verified papers by Speed Post to Bhopal.

I also called to said officer who is call me on 23.06.2010 but he is not recv my phone.

Pl guide me what can I do?

Monty9186 is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2010

File Reference Number : Z094581

Sir/Madam
    I applied for passport in April 2010 in Nehru Place, Delhi office but still I have not received my passport. Every time when I check my status it shows the following status.

“Police Report is clear. Application is under process”.

This has been the status for last 2 months. I have done various emails also but did not get any response from concerned department. I keep calling on the complaint number but nobody ever answers. I request you to please look up into the matter and do the needful. Please take care that it is dispatched asap.

Mohit Kumar
    Assistant Programmer
    NIC, CGO COMPLEX
    Date of Birth : 09-09-1987
    Mb:-+91-9873056841

File a RTI to know the status of your passport, this will surly screw them.

madanmohanreddy Guest

Default Issuing of Passport delay file no HYD-W220420-10

Hi sir,

My self Madanmohanreddy.chenchani. I was applied passport normal on 17-03-2010 and file no HYD-W220420-10.
    Police verification report sent on 11-04-2010 from Anantapur SP Office and Passport office people received on 12-04-2010. Ref no for police verification 1766/SB/PP/ATP , 24//SB/PP/ATP and Sr no 7 dated 11-04-2010.
    I met passport officer on 01-06-2010 he told me come after few days.I met DPO on 15,16,17th of june he told me police verification report we have to check come after 15 days again I met DPO on 19 th of july he told me we sent remainder to SP Office Anantapur regarding verification report. I got opportunity in Malaysia and I lost also.Still I did not receive passport due to this reason I am not able attend other interviews also But When we are checking through net it will display " Application has been transferred to policy section, Please See the PRO ".
    Kindly take an action for this complaint.

I am expecting it will not happen in future to me and others also.

Pls find my attachment above .

Madanmohanreddy.C
    S/O C.Basi reddy
    Darsimala (V & P)
    Dharmavaram (M)
    Ananatapur (Dist)
    Andhrapradesh -- 515 672
    mob: +91-9379318519

Post Delay in passport issue from hyderabad passport office

FILE REFERENCE NUMBER : HYD-Z606973-10

Sir/Madam
    I applied for passport in OCTOBER 12th 2010 in ONGOLE Place, SP OFFICE, but still I have not received my passport. Every time when I check my status it shows the following status.

Details:
    File Reference Number : HYD-Z606973-10
    Application Date : 12-10-2010
    Applicant's Name : SWATHI RAMALA
    Applicant's Date of Birth : 05-08-1987

STATUS : It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time

This has been the SAME status for last 3 months. I have done various emails also but did not get any response from concerned department. I keep calling on the complaint number but nobody ever answers. I request you to please look up into the matter and do the needful. Please take care that it is dispatched asap.

Gopi Ramala
    SSA
    Mb:-+91-984951068

veerendraj1 is offline Junior Member

File Reference Number : Z761956

Sir/Madam
    I applied for passport on Date : 23-06-2011 2011 in Kota office but still I have not received my passport. Every time when I check my status it shows the following status.

Police Report is incomplete and the case is being examined ”.

Veerendra kumar jain
    3-q-23 talwandi kota-5(rajasthan)
    Date of Birth : 15-11-1989
    Mb:-+91-8144464264

Ravinder Ahuja Guest

Default Delay Passport

Sir/Madam

My Self Ravinder Ahuja.I was applied for passport on Date : 17-07-2011, File No.-DLH-A044607-11, in Delhi Passport office but still I have not received my passport. Every time when I check my status:-Application is pending for want of Police Report. Police verification report sent on 23-08-2011 from Rohtak SP Office. I have many times called at RPO Delhi but no one is picking up phone.This has been the status for last 4 months. I got opportunity in Canada and I lost also. Still I did not receive passport due to this reason I am not able attend other interviews also But When we are checking through net it will display " Application is pending for want of Police Report.

Please revert on my phone number and e-mail id.

With Regards
    Ravinder Ahuja
    H.No. 115/7, Julaya Chowk
    Rohtak, Haryana-124001
    Mob No.-09212666800
    krishravi88@gmail.com

Default Passport not received

Hello Sir,

I applied for a change of address on my wife's passport in Chennai regional passport office directly on 11-July-11. File no: MASH01433611. The passport status website says for the last 3 months with the same status 'File is under process'. Police verification also got completed two months back. But I have not received the passport still with the new address. I have not received any other messages also from the passport office. Kindly requesting your advice.

Karthik

AZMI Guest

Lightbulb Passport delay

I have applied indian passport in bhopal as on 20.09.2011.my file no is bpl a022719_11.but police verification has not been done as on date.
    I met the rpo bhopal and after her advice i submit the pp form as on 09.11.2011,but after that police verification has not been done.then i submit the pp form again as on 21.09.2011.police enquiry is yet to be done.
    I have enquired in sp office bhopal regarding police verification status,police officials told me that no pp form is received from passport office.
    Please guide me.

mp
    462021

ansh3090 is offline Junior Member

Sir/Madam

I have applied for passport in bhopal on 28-10-2011 under tatkal scheme my file no is BPL-T011235-11,under tatkal scheme police verification done before applying and i already submitted police verfication report ANNEXURE "F" and ANNEXURE "I" in passport office on 28th oct 2011 and 1 more police report is already sent by police station,ujjain (M.P) to passport office on 11th nov-2011,under the rule of passport those who apply for passport under TATKAL scheme customer receive passport in 15 days.but already 29 days is over but i not recieve my passport,status show in passport website-"Police report has not received"...i urgent want my passport because i am a student of PGDM and in these course singapore trip is there on 2nd week of jan..so college want passport and the last date of passport submittion is december 1st week..i already waste so much of money regarding passport...
    plz help me

Date-26-11-2011

pppjmp is offline Junior Member

Dear Sir/Ma'm,

Good day

I have applied for my passport on 21st Sep 2011 in the office of Regional Passport Office, Bhikaji Kama Palace, New Delhi. There I got my application No. DLH A 060378-11. After some days, Verifier from DeIhi Police come for verification.

Now a days since 25 days I am seeing online report regarding the the status. The Status I am seeing since 25 days is same that is (POLICE REPORT IS CLEAR, APPLICATION UNDER PROCESS).
    I am trying to contact the passport office by phone but no one is picking the any number among (26187074, 26187075, 26160687, 26174118) these numbers.

Kindly submit my complaint and arrange to make them issue my passport as earliest. This is too delay.

Thanks and Best Regards
    Prabin Kumar
    Application No. DLH A060378-11
    Date of Birth. 22-12-1975
    Father's Name: Mahesh Pd. Sah
    Address: Kh. No. 401, Gali No. 3, 25 Foota Road, Laxmi Vihar, Burari, Delhi - 110084
    Mob: 9868618343

asthanasaurabh is offline Junior Member

Default Passport pendign from 3+ months

I work as Project Manager for MNCOrganization Wolters and Kluwer. I need to travel urgently to Singapore forbusiness operations for the same I applied for renewal of my passport. It hasbeen more than 3 Months since I am waiting for it.
    Currently the online status says itis pending for Police Verification, but I confirmed from the police stationthat my file is already dispatched one month ago. I tried calling Passportoffice many times but no response on status hence requesting your help in thismatter.
    Please help me in releasing passportfor me as per below details.
    My Passport application details:
    Passport Office : Pune

File Reference Number : PNE-B019321-11
    Applicant's Name : SAURABH ASTHANA
    Application Date : 16-08-2011
    Applicant's Date of Birth : 07-07-1979

Saurabh Asthana

Angry passport delay

My passport has been delayed long than 4 months.

My passport no.thn z14485911

plz contact me on 9960657657

Dattatreya Herkar is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down Passport Delay...

Hello there,

I applied for Passport 10 months back and got police verification after 8 months, when i check the site for Passport Status, it said the police report is clear and your passport will be dispatched in 2 weeks, then after few days when i checked again, it says "It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the dispatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be dispatched in a week's time" this is message was updated since last 4 months, I'm wondering is Passport office is really working?

Please redirect my message to passport officials and see if i can get my passport soon. thanks

My Pass port Application Details are as below...

Application Date : 08-02-2011
    Applicant's Name : DATTATREYA HERKAR
    File Reference Number : HYD-W711006-11
    Applicant's Date of Birth : 22-08-1986

Dattatreya Herkar
    email: dattujobsearch@gmail.com

Default 5 months and the passport has still not arrived....

I had applied for my wife's passport on 3-April-2012 with the file reference number CH1060324450812. I have still not recieved the passport.....Every official I meet always say that it is under process and you will recieve it once the process is complete. It has been 5 months now....How much more the process takes?? Please help me on how should I address it... I need the passport urgently

Tarun