Thread: Faulty Kurl-On mattress

Question Faulty Kurl-On mattress

I am Aneeb K, from Bangalore.

Recently I bought a brand new Kurl-On mattress from Oak-N-Oak furniture shop, Marathahalli, Bangalore.

But the mattress was damaged when it delivered. I informed Oak-N-Oak about the same.
    They replyed that Kurl-On is delivering the product, not Oak-N-Oak. But I did payment with Oak-N-Oak only. Also they told me that they informed Kurl-On about the problem and they will be replacing the product in one or two weeks (they given this reply on 02/02/2009).

Now it is almost one and half months, but nobody came to check/replace the product. I called Oak-N-Oak around 20 times, during this period.

I wanted to fight and get it done. What can I do on this regard?

Hoping for a reply from you, which will help me to proceed further on this.

Thanks and regards,

admin is online now Administrator

Kindly provide us your full contact details, dealer details and the bill details.

Admin

Mar 2009

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

The details are as follows:

My contact:

Ordered Date: 11/01/2009
    Delivery date: 12/01/2009
    Product: KURLON MTKAR60X78 MATTRESS AAR RAMESH
    Rate: 4400.00
    Note: I couldn't find any bill number on my bill.

admin is online now Administrator

Thanks for providing the information, dealer delivered you the faulty mattress so this is his duty to replace it, do one thing send a written notice to the dealer via registered post and ask them for the change within the mentioned time, attach the photocopy of the bill, mention the list of attached document below the notice. After sending the notice wait for their reply.

If still have a question then feel free to contact us again.

Admin

Mar 2009

Question I had send a written notice

Thank you very much for your kind help.

I am sorry to inform you that nothing positive had happened till now.

As a last try, I called Oak-n-Oak again on Friday (21-03-09). They told me that someone will come to replace the mattress on 22-03-09. But again nobody came. I am considering this as their last response and proceeding with consumer court.

As per your suggestion I had send a registered letter to Oak-n-Oak on 25-03-09. Here is the content of the letter (Please note that I have taken a "copy" of the "fridge example").

Dated: 25-03-09

Marathalli,
    Near New Marathalli Bridge,
    PH: 918064541032

SUB: NOTICE BEFORE FILING CONSUMER COMPLAINT

I have purchased a brand new Kurl-On mattress on 11/01/2009 from Oak-N-Oak furniture shop, Marathahalli, Bangalore.

But the mattress was damaged when it delivered.

I have contacted Oak-N-Oak (Mr. Anil) and he replied that Kurl-On is delivering the product, not Oak-n-Oak. He also told me that, he had informed Kurl-On about the problem and they will be replacing the product in one or two weeks (I got this reply on 02/02/2009).

But I did payment with Oak-n-Oak only. So it is Oak-n-Oak responsibility to get it replaced. Please also note that the mattress is under warranty.

Now it is almost one and half months, but nobody came to check/replace the product. I called Oak-N-Oak (Mr Anil: 919986499399) around 25 times, during this period. He is giving different excuses each time when I give a call. Also he had given promise to call me back with a solution, many times, but not even called once. So nothing positive has been done until now although this process has started since 02/02/2009.

This is a notice to notify you of a time period of 7-15 days from 25-03-09, by which either a replacement of the product or refund of full amount with 10% interest. Else we will file a complaint with the Consumer Court. And the consumer complaint will be at your cost and expenses, and we will seek compensation for the mental agony caused due to your deficiency in services.

Yours truly,
    Flat 102,
    Gokulam,
    Govinda reddy layout,
    Doddanakundhi,
    PH: 9611788246

Encl: - Copy of bill

I left my native on 25-03-09 itself. So I am not sure whether they tried to reach me or not. What will I do now? Wait for 15 days? Or Call them now itself?

Exclamation I am not hearing anything from Oak-N-Oak

Hello Sir,
    As you know I had sent registered letter on 25th March. It is now 25+ days, but nothing +ve had happened till now.

I had called Oak-N-Oak 3 times during this time. First time (on 10th Apr), manager informed me that mattress is arrived and can be delivered. But till now they have not delivered. Also whenever I call, he is giving excuses like "vehicle is not there", etc, etc.

I also asked about the registered letter. But manager replied like "no such letter" is received.

What will I do now? How can I proceed on this?

Hoping for a reply from you, which will help me to proceed further on this.

admin is online now Administrator

Notice is just to support our case, and if the dealer or the parent company will not solve the issue with in the mentioned time after receiving notice then we have a proper reason to file a case in the consumer court.
    You can also check the status of the delivery by visiting the nearest post office.

manojthapliyal Guest

You can go and give a written letter to Oak and Oak and get a receipt of it.
    Go to Consumer court. People are very friendly there. It takes 2-3 months but you will definitely get positive response.

-Manoj

Smile Bed is replaced

Finally, I got the product replaced from oak-N-oak.

Thank you very much for your kindly help.

Thanks and regards,

revised (w.e.f., 01.07.2009)

price Rs.7779.00 on 10th Sept' 09, But above dealer supplied old stock (
    August 2008 ) one with price

indicated at mattress as Rs.7270.00, After that we immediately informed
    dealer point as well as Kurlon

manufacturer's representative Mr. Bhowmik (Cell:09905127307) regarding
    above variation in price and

demand for replaced with latest product or return the difference price.
    But till date neither no one has

come from Kurl-On representative nor dealer's representative for
    inspection the mattress.

Kindly help us as we have already made payment and did not get fresh
    material.

Hoping for a reply from you, which will help us to proceed further on
    this.

Thanks & Regards,,

M K Hazra

Centralised Electronics! Tata Motors Limited, Jamshedpur-831010

Desk - 0657-6694360 ! Hand - 9234500976 ! Email - mrinalh@tatamotors.com

kris2k9 is offline Junior Member
    Nov 2009

Default Complaint regarding the poor quality shoe rack

We purchased a complete living set in natural finished rubberwood, from Oak n' Oak, Marathalli, Bangalore, costing an amount of INR 38,000/-, on 24th October '09. Being assured of lifetime guarantee and good products by the sales person, they earned our complete trust in your products and services and we made a complete payment in advance.

This turned out to be a serious disappointment, as starting from the date of delivery, we have had incompetent service. On 31st October '09, our order was delivered part incomplete and part wrong. After repeated calls from our end, we had the order completed and replaced the wrongly sent items.

It still remains that, in the list of items, the shoe rack is costing us dearly. It was tailor made to our requirement in sizes, although the basic design template is one that we picked on display, in the showroom. This item solely cost us Rs. 9000/- and has been poorly finished. We have repeatedly contacted the showroom, concerning our problem, in vain. Their response is laid back and we are extremely upset with the "lifetime guarantee" tag that has superficially come with this product.

The Sales man (sunil) has been rude to us. He kept giving us false promises that the repair work would be done, however, when contacted he loses his temper and keeps shouting at us.

It is not in our best interests to take this matter to court. However, we will do that if forced to. We hope that this matter will be sorted out & any inputs from your end would be greatly appreciated.

Krishnan M. Menon
    kris2k9@gmail.com

Default Defective mattress

I had purchsed kurlon mattress from your authorised dealer MAHAVIR TRADERS Chandigarh Road Mundi Kharar vide Bill No. 1148 Dated 23.02.2010 amounting to Rs. 4187/-After six months these started giving problem like pressed in the centre. I complained it to dealer . After two months he send representative who refused to give service because of more time. As the company delivers the warranty of one year but he didnt heard any thing. It is requested to kindly look into the matter and get it replaced please.

Ranjit Singh Bedi
    #34, Gillco Valley
    Sector 127, Greater Mohali.

ravinder vats Guest

Default complaint of kurl-on goldline p-4 foam

On dated 23/9/2006 the above said mattereses were purchased from m/s friends foam centre b.k.chowk faridabad vide bill no 3071 .As per dealer five year replacement guarntee was offered at that time. but now one week has lapsed since the complaint and physical verification done by the dealer itself.kindly look into the matter.

Default faulty Kurl on mattress

Dear Friends,

I bought a expensive Kurl on mattress named Angelica Klassic but to my surprise when i started using it. i found that same is faulty. when contacted dealer, he said that he has lodged a complaint and company will be replacing the mattress in 1 weeks time. It is almost two months now. I also lodged complaint at companies website but nothing happening. Please dont buy Kurl On mattresses.

Ashish Bhardwaj
    Delhi

Thumbs down Two nos mattree pressed badly near centre of mattress-Request for replacement.

I purchased 4 nos mattress from Tomar furniture, Bhangel, Noida , Near sector 110 at a price of Rs 10,000/- in December,2009. Two nos are very good in shape. But two nos have pressed badly at centre. Thus the flat shape has converted into concave type. Three months ago, Black watery spots were observed at the back side of two nos mattress.The same mattress has deformed at the centre. Tomer furniture is not replacing the mattress. aT THE TIME OF PURCHASE HE ASSURED A GUARANTEE OF ONE YEARS IN ALL THE FOUR KURLON MATTRESS. NOW HE IS LINGERING THE MATTER. YOUR ACTION AND JUSTICE WILL SURELY IN COURAGE FAITH IN CONSUMER COURT. i HAVE ONLY RECEIPT OF TOMAR FURNITURE ONLY.

Rajiv Kant Mishra