Thread: Complaint against Faber's Gas Hob Cooking Range

cse_smita Guest

Angry Complaint against Faber's Gas Hob Cooking Range

This is with regard to a new cooking range, Gas Hob, by Faber. This cooking range comes with a one year warranty period, and was purchased on 13th Nov'09. Though we purchased in Mysore, the head office is in Bangalore.

Within a few days, the auto-ignition stopped working. We filed the case on 12th March'10. The complaint number is SMCH2178. We have been calling up the number 080-65337777 (located: Mission Road, Bangalore). We have regularly been in touch with them, and their promises of sending "someone" for a free warranty period checkup, has been to no avail. They have just been sitting, and doing nothing about the case.

My feeling is that this will go on till the end of warranty period, and then suddenly someone will appear, just so that they get some money for the transaction.

Is this the way that customers are treated by your company? Not only has the product failed, but so has the service that was promised.

Our address is:
    #5549, 3rd Cross, 14th Main,
    Vijayanagar, 2nd Stage,
    Mysore- 570017

In anticipation of a reply.

Smita

Default Blast of gb 30 gas hob of faber make

This is in connection with a Gas Hob (GB 30) (Sl.No: H1007258313) of Faber Company which was purchased from Harmony House,Park Street , Kolkata on 21.08.2010.It was installed on 20.09.2010. We have been operating the same since then and did not have any problem.

On 17.11.10, at 10.00 PM when we were having our dinner, a sound of blast was heard and we saw that everywhere tiny particles of glass were scattered .The whole black glass base of the hob was broken into small pieces .Fortunately ,that time my wife and maid servant, who were working near the gas hob, had just left that place to serve food ,otherwise a big tragedy would have occurred .A big piece of glass had hit the maid's hand.

We had to stay without food as there was no option at that time to arrange for another burners/gas .Secondly the whole area near the hob was so hot including the lower sides of the burners that the whole night we had a mental tension of chances of blast in the gas cylinder through the gas pipe which also got heated .

We would like to state that first of all a Company of such a high repute should not produce material like this, specially the gas hob,which automatically gets blasted . Secondly, no action has been taken by them till now.

BD 195, Salt Lake City

Our address is:
    #5549, 3rd Cross, 14th Main,
    Vijayanagar, 2nd Stage,
    Mysore- 570017

In anticipation of a reply.

Smita
    Thanks Smitha For the Information regarding company's attitude. I was planning to buy this product for my new kitchen.Any way I have changed my Plans.Thank you

rajekumar@aes.ac.in Guest

Default Cooking range service

Dear sir ,
    American Embassy school has 62 cooking ranges of Faber make at Vasant Vihar , Anand Niketan ,and Malcha Marg Chanakyapuri New Delhi.
    We have an average 02 complaints/per week.
    Services at new Delhi in this area has become bad to worse.There is hardly some one who care for services. We have record of complaints along with no.
    Your service center at Rajenra Palace, New Delhi , neither provides spare nor services. Is it justified ?????? Average time to resolve the issue with lot of struggle is 05 days.
    We now are switching over to other brands who provides better services.
    But what about these 62 nos. cooking ranges ????????.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh Kumar
    QC Housing
    American embassy School
    Chandrragupta marg , Chanakyapuri New Delhi
    Contact 8586972649, o1126888854 Extn 3939

Lsimha@gmail.com Guest

Default Faber Glass Cooktop - Glass shattered after 4 days of use

We brought a new Faber 4 burner Glass Cooktop in November 2013. We had installed in the apartment in Nov 2013. Carpentry work was going on. We moved into the house in May 2014 end. We started using the cooktop on May 31, 2014. On June 4th, 2014 after cooking I turned off the knob. After a few second there was big noise and I looked around and Glass on the cooktop was burst. There was a few pieces which had flown till the dining room. I called in and registered the complaint, the technician came in after two days. He said the glass had burst may be due too much heat or water falling on hot glass. Then the support center people call up and say that you have had the stove installed in November 2013, so you have to pay for the glass replacement. We have actually used the stove only for 4 days. Even if we have used it for 7 months and the cooktop is in warranty period, does Faber wants to make a statement saying that the stove will not last even a year. So why are they charging us hefty price for the stove. Also stove is a appliance that gets heated and if stove cannot stand heat, then it should not be in the market. We have been left with no stove for past week as we are not able to get the stove repaired without shelling out so much more money.

I am feeling very duped and sick in my stomach. Faber is duping people of their hard earned money. We have a kid with special needs every rupee we spend, we put in a lot of thought into it. I could have at least got a few more sessions of therapy for my kid with this money. Consumers are duped on a daily basis and have to shell out money for things which are not their mistake. They are taking us for a ride and there is no one to stop this. I hope somebody listens to our cries.

Please let me know what are my options

Lakshmi