Thread: Complaint against DISH TV

pratik.p1987 is offline Junior Member

Default Complaint against DISH TV

Dear Consumer Court,
    Had recharge my dish tv account from a vendor on 28th jan 2012 at 7pm. he told me your dish tv will start working in 15min but it didn't. Then i called the person morning 11am on 29th jan 2012. He said i have recharge your account and you can check that on internet and you have to call their customer service number that is 18601803474. I called on that number ask spoke to a person could not remember his name. He asked me to remove my vc card and put it again so that it will work properly. I did that but still the message was displayed "recharge your dish tv account to avail services." He asked me to wait for sometime it will start automatically. I was waiting till 4:30pm then i called them again and I told them you guys asked me to wait for 15 min now its 5:30 hrs what are you guys doing with my account? the person replies sir you have to remove your VC card and reinsert it. I told him that i did this before when i called you guys at 11am. Then the person tells me that you set-up box is spoiled. I was shock to hear that, I asked him how can you tell me that sitting from there, the person replies again with two three in a group "YOUR SET-UP BOX IS SPOILED" and started laughing. I asked the person to transfer the call to superior. He put me on hold and after 5min he says everyone is busy and i asked him to try and connect me again with the superior. I was on phone for 25 min on hold, I kept the phone. One of my friend asked me to complain to consumer court so i wrote the whole story. My dish TV VC no. is 01504581486 Please help me Consumer court.

dishtv is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2012

Default dishtv HD is the worst service

Dear Consumer Court,

I am facing many issues regarding my HD dish tv connection. I am paying Rs. 385 per month and would not getting any HD channel at all. And the other channels also not coming properly, its showing no signal every 30 minutes and so.I have contacted dishtv 100 number of times, Dishtv technicians also visited my home to fix the issues, but they were in hurry and again dis satisfied service.

I would request you to look into the issue at priority and take the appropriate action against the concerned team.

Details:
    VC No. : 02084897036

Default DISH TV IS Becoming nuisance

This is regarding the ill behavior and fraudulent activities undertaken by dish tv dth services. I rechraged my account 11 days ago and its still not working. Their call center is ill equipped, they don't have proper manpower. I have called them 6-7 times till now every person kept telling me we have refreshed your card please keep it on channel 999 and it will start working in 15 minutes. My electricity usage incrased due to this and it still isn't working. Today I called at their call center again asking to help me out the person told me their system is down and he can't help me and asked me to put me on hold.. And then after 5 minutes he told me the details of my account. I don't understand how can he check my account details when their system was down. Then I told him it shows card refresh error. He tells me to take my set top box to the dealer and he will help me out. Why can't they send an engineer to do it. He told me I have bought a new VC card, I have the same since 3 years. When I asked him to extend my renewal date he was like I can't do it when I asked him who can do it then? Someone from the back told him not to answer my call next time and to hang up. I think they owe me refund/extension of renewal date and I want consumer court to help me out.

My VC number is 01506209343
    Account details: MR. Suresh

madhup_agrawal@yahoo.com Guest

Default DISHTV is running a BIG SCAM in the name of UPGRADE to HD transmission

I ordered an UPGRADE from SD to HD in DISHTV. Till then my connection was working fine.

Once I ordered, a technician came from DISHTV and replaced by SET TOP BOX, Changed the LNBS and after juggling with the STB for about 10 minutes told me that the new STB is not able to read your SMART CARD and it will need to be changed. Please make the payment and I will come by evening and change the SMART card.

He took Rs. 1240/- from me and since then - I have tried my level best to get my connection working - but it appears as if I am banging my head against a wall.

Not only have they fled with my Rs. 1240/- but I suddenly discovered that they have started to deduct money from my Account at the HIGHEST possible rate of their services.

Since then I have called them 4 times - each time they say it will take 24 Hours for the problem to be resolved - but nothing happens.
    I have written to their customer care - their website says - the complaints will be attended in 2 hours - it has been more than 15 days - not even a single response.

I need help - how do I get my money back from them?

Madhup Agrawal

Default Cheating

VC NO: 01504453032

I had given a complaint a month before for a reinstallation of the dish at my house. The same was carried out by your agency SUBHAN INFOTECH , Ekkatuthangal , Chennai. The charges i paid was Rs.225/-. From the day of reinstallation i was not able to view any of the DD channels and most of the other channels. I had called them up several times for thsi complaint and they did not attend to the complaint. I had called up dishtv again on the 5th July and complained on Signal Problem. I had a person from the same agency today 7th July and he said that last time the dish was not tightened properly and he had attended the same complaint today and charged me another Rs.175/- as service charge.

It is very painful that i had to spend twice for the same complaint within a month and which was a complete fault of the agency irresponsible staff. Why should the customer be penalised for the fault of the dishtv staff. If this is the way the customer will be treated by dishtv please inform us that we will only SWINDLE money like this from the customees and we would be glad to go to a better and professional DTH operator.

archit hora is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2012

Default poor customer service

v.c no. 01509371113

archit hora is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2012

[QUOTE=archit hora;259675]v.c no. 01509371113
    this is to bring to your kind notice that i am a dishtv customer from last 2 years and i am facing a regular problem of distv allignment.every other month we need to spend a hefty sum of rs 165 as technician charges for dishtv allignment and henceforth i dont think DISHTV is providing a good service and they are looting consumers for there innecessary gains .Moreover i had a complaint registered for a call back from your senior executive which was never resolved by themi.e complaint no.91321723 .These allignment problems have become a common method of charging consumers with money.moreover these problems are not faced by other DTH PROVIDERS such as (TATASKY,BIGTV,VIDEOCON).I request you to take some necessary action in this effect against DISHTV.[/QUOTE}.We constantly tried to contact the customer care executive but they never took any action into it which was ery shameful on there part.

Subba Roa Guest

Default AV Solutions BasavanaGudi service.

This fellow is one of the worst service provider I do not know how dish TV is giving Rights for Servicing.He is big Fraud. Never ever go with him.Even in dream also.

Default complain for not responsinveness from Dish TV

We have request to Dish TV to send you technical support to erect the antenna and match the signal for flawless entertainment,But after 72 hours of complain he is only entertain us on mobile not on ground,& my recharge pack is in vain due to,ignorance by dish TV.

My ID No is-01513559365

PHONE NO-086964360

Reshma shinde Guest

Default for the getting the service for dish antena

we have submit the complaint to dish Tv that we can not get the chanel of our pakege so ple call and tell the service center number then we could call then or there address as we get them ple reply us as soon as possible my vc no 01507440219 we have sifted to diva now so ple replay me on my mobile number.

jayeshvijayan Guest

Post comlaint

we will complaint to dish tv that our stb will not show any program

Default Complain against dish tv

I MR ABDUL WAHID WANT TO COMPLAINT AGAINST DISH TV THAT THE PROMISE WHICH DISH TV MAKE IS FALSE. I HAD A PROBLEM IN DISH TV CHANNEL SO I COMPLAINT THE DISH TV CUSTOMER CARE BUT 48 HRS OF PROMISE WAS A WASTE OF TIME AND NO RESPONSE FROM DISH TV. THEREFORE I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A COMPLAIN AGAINST DISH TV AND WOULD LIKE TO DISCONNECT THE DISH
    TV SERVICE AND WANT MY MONEY BACK HOPE CONSUMER FORUM WILL TAKE MY COMPLAINT AND GIVE ME JUSTICE
    HERE IS MY ID no 01515979988 my email id rizwan70789@yahoo.com my mob no 9804028286

889488 Guest

Post Recharge not done

Dear Consumer Court,
    Had recharge my dish tv account from a vendor on 29th aug 2012 at 8pm. he told me your dish tv will start working in 15min but it didn't. Then i called the person morning 11am on30th jan 2012. He said i have recharge your account and you can check that on internet and you have to call their customer service number that is 18601803474. I called on that number ask spoke to a person could not remember his name. He asked me to remove my vc card and put it again so that it will work properly. I did that but still the message was displayed "recharge your dish tv account to avail services." He asked me to wait for sometime it will start automatically. I was waiting till 4:30pm then i called them again and I told them you guys asked me to wait for 15 min now its 5:30 hrs what are you guys doing with my account? the person replies sir you have to remove your VC card and reinsert it. I told him that i did this before when i called you guys at 11am. Then the person tells me that you set-up box is spoiled. I was shock to hear that, I asked him how can you tell me that sitting from there, the person replies again with two three in a group "YOUR SET-UP BOX IS SPOILED" . I asked the person to transfer the call to superior. He put me on hold and after 5min he says everyone is busy and i asked him to try and connect me again with the superior. I was on phone for 25 min on hold, I kept the phone. One of my friend asked me to complain to consumer court so i wrote the whole story. My dish TV VC no. is01500927806 Please help me Consumer court.

Abha jain is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2012

Default Not able to watch tv since 7/8/12

It is very disappointing tha I am not able to watch tv since 7/8/12.my vc no is 01505993576.plz look into the matter.My stb box has been changed 6times and lnb is also changed.what else .the worst service I am getting .plz look into it

bittuvikram1 Guest

Default facing many issues regarding my HD dish tv connection

[Dear Consumer Court,

Regard
    VC NO-02084887929

1. dish TV complaint
    By Vandana Bhartia in forum Direct To Home (DTH)
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 10:10 AM