Thread: Admissibility of Pension Benefit.

Default Admissibility of Pension Benefit.

Dear All,

I have been a member of this forum for quite sometime and seen that some members have received some vital opinion/guidance from some legal experts of the group. I am just trying my good luck to have such opinion after being denied my hard earned Pension benefit from the office of Coal Mines Providend Fund ( CMPF ) Office, Dhanbad, Jharkhand.
    1. I was a officer of Central Colafields Limited ( CCL ) from July 1985 to Dec 1997.
    2. In Feb 2004 , I have received a letter from CMPF Asst. Commissioner , Ranchi that I am entitled for pension benefit as my pension-able service period in CCL is more than 10 years and I should submit necessary document through CCL.
    3. But in March 2004 , when I submitted the necessary document at the CCL to be forwarded to CMPF office , they woke up and said that since I have not filled up a option form ( PS-2) , I am not eligible for Pension and sending me a letter for submission of papers in this regard (in Feb 2004) was a mistake.
    4. ( in March 2004 ) I got the same reply from Asst. CMPF Commissioner , Dhanbad that I am not entitled for Pension as I have not filled up the Pension Option Form ( PS 2 ) as the dead line of filling the Form has expired on 08th October 2002. It also said that that the option of Filling Up the Pension Form ( Form PS-2 ) was asked through CCL Management , Ranchi. In this regard I want to say that nothing was ever communicated to me by CCL Management in spite of my address being available with them as well as in spite of the my application for Family Pension Fund (FPF) pending with them.
    In addition to this , I would also like to mention that there has been a deduction of 2 % for the Pension Fund ( Rs 8942.00 ) from my salary in 1996-97 as indicated by the demand statement sent by CCL.
    So it is an irony that in spite of deduction made from my salary made toward this Pension Fund , I have not been considered a member of the Pension Fund and as a consequence being denied the pension benefit , in spite of fulfilling the basic criteria of more than 10 years of Pension-able service.

( ** PS-2 Form is just a consent form for joining the Pension scheme 1998 ).

In spite of putting several petitions in this regard to CMPF Commissioner ( Dhanbad ), Director ( Pension Grievance ) or Coal Secretary or even Mos ( Coal & Mines ) , Govt. of India , I am being denied pension benefit with no fault of mine.
    Will a legal expert advise me regarding admissibility of my case in a court of law ?
    With best regards,
    Muzaffar Azim
    New Delhi.

tanveeralam Guest

Post complaint for pension

SALAUDDIN MIA is my Father his PF No. B/512613.He demanded for his pension to CMPF office. Region-I Asansol.But till now no he had not found pensin.

Default pension problem

my father was an ECL employee he retired in the year 2008. form few months his pension is stoped so he wrote application asking the reason to asansol P.F. office but they not reply anything. sir please infrom us what to do my email is monikanchanghosal88@gmail.com

Default CMPF stop pension

My Father pension is stopped by CMPF regional office asansol regn no-ll, from more than six months. HE wrote an application asking the reason but get no reply. sir please guide us what should we have to do where to contact for this purpose.please reply to my email- monikanchanghosal88@gmail.com

Last Post: 09-04-2014, 07:45 PM