Thread: Metro Rail Complaint

dhurjati dutta Guest

Default Metro Rail Complaint

Before reading through the entire details of the problem, please note that this was forwarded to the Chief Manager, Opearations, Metro Rail kolkata who didn't pay any heed to the complaint. Here's the copy of the letter sent by me at com@mtp.railnet.gov.in on 13 December 2009 21:52PM.

Reg: Complaint redressal

I am a 26 yr. old male citizen of Kolkata and I wish to bring into your attention that I had entered the Metro premises of Central Metro Station at around 16:20 hrs, 13th Dec 2009 for making my journey to Rabindra Sarobar Metro Station. I bought the ticket from the counter and punched the card at around 16:30 hrs and entered the station.
    I was not in a hurry since I was waiting for a confirmation call from my friend to go to his house since that would mean to get off at Kalighat station. There was another female friend accompanying me. Since the female friend of mine was to go to DumDum, so we were patiently waiting for the train to arrive. Awaiting the call from my friend, we chose to stand on the platform. I stood at the platform where the train was to go towards DumDum talking. Two trains went past us and the trains were heavily crowded. She skipped those trains due to the same reason waiting for the 3rd train in hope of getting a less crowded train.

We were approached by the police personnel patrolling on the station. He spoke in a highly commanding tone asking us that why we were waiting there to which we replied we were waiting for the next train. Next he said that “Catch the next train. If you miss another train, you will not be allowed to travel by Metro”. I asked him what was the time of validity of the ticket to which pat came the reply that it is not of any matter since nobody can stand at the platform for so long, otherwise he/she has to leave the station. He said to me that “Come to the Station Master and talk with him. He took my ticket in his hand and asked me to follow him. I followed him with my friend to the Station Master’s room with the verbal altercation following course.

We got to the station Master’s room at about 17:05 hrs who was absent in the cabin. The patrol police gestured me to sit down in the chair. I sat down, and patiently waited for the Station Master. Another person was sitting on the table working. The Station Master came after a minute or so, and the patrol policeman handed over my ticket to him. He checked the ticket and as usual retorted in a very rude manner “Is this a resting place?” To which I firmly replied “No”. He shouted at the topmost of his voice preaching me as if I had been caught on some illegal grounds. He shouted “Leave the Metro Now and go out of the station and signaled the patrol guy to take me over”. I firmly asked him that “Is there a banner or public display board in the Metro to leave the station within a specific time period?” to which he insulted me by saying that “We don’t have to put a banner around for YOU people!”. (Please note YOU here referred to me and my female friend. His comment clearly signaled that as if he had been dealing with a love couple). His next step was to stand up from his chair and shoutingly insulted me “Get Out!”. I stood up from the chair and demanded my ride ticket from him. To my bewilderment and utter surprise, he tore my ticket right in front of me and repeated “Get Out!”. I immediately asked him his name and demanded him the fare of my ticket. He signaled the patrol guy to hand me over to the OC doing the rounds then. He said in a sarcastic tone “What the hell would you do with my name?” and tried to manhandle me with the help of the patrol guy and the other person sitting on the table. I immediately asked for a paper to write a complaint in the Station Master’s name to which he again rebuked me and asked the patrol guy to immediately whisk me away from there to the OC, Calcutta Police. After so much insulting and verbal abusing, the police patrol guy asked me to get away from there. The Station Master along with the other person were still shouting at the top of their voices hurling abuses behind me. After walking for a few steps from there, the patrol guy offered me to cut my ticket from his pocket to which I flatly refused. I talked to the OC sitting there and explained him the entire details of the incident. He said that the word of the Station Master was final and he could not do anything. He also remarked that the Metro is a very High Security Zone to which I again firmly replied that then it becomes all the more mandatory to put a Public Message on a banner inside the Metro. He said that it is clearly understood and there was no such requirement for any such message to be put up. After persuasion of my friend, I left the station at about 17:30 hrs, an insulted dejected commuter.

Now I would request you to kindly provide me the point-wise reply of the queries as here under:

1. Is there any requirement for putting up a Public message inside the Metro premises to inform the customers that it is a “High Security Zone” and passengers must leave the station within 10-15 min of their entering?
    If yes, then what would you do with all those elderly passengers above 55 or with those patients who have breathing problems or asthma attacks missing 2-3 trains? Would you stuff them into the Metro like a pack of gunny bags and whisk them away as soon as possible??
    If your answer is No, then why was I harassed without prior information being put up? Under the Right to Information Act, 2005 why was I denied of basic information of using my services including the time validity of my ticket? Please provide a suitable reply.

2. How can a Officer on duty behave with his commuters in a rowdy manner as if he were talking to his servant? Leave alone the courtesy, how can he flout rules so openly without nobody checking him? Is this a position of responsibility that he is handling? Does he have the authority and the power to tear away public money after promising the commuter a safe journey towards his destination? Does the Station Master have the power of not taking up complaint from the commuter? Please provide a suitable reply.

3. If there is no complaint redressal mechanism, why then put up the false boxes outside the stations to encourage people/masses to give their suggestions? Please stop putting up a false show of serving the people. At least they’d know that there’s nobody to address their complaints.

In addition to the reply of the above questions, I’d sincerely like to know the name of the Station Master on duty during those hours and I want a refund of my ticket as well duly provided to me by the same person who had torn the ticket.

I am awaiting your sincere reply within 7 days of receipt of this mail. After the stipulated time and failing to get suitable reply from your side, I’d like to move to the Consumer Forum and subsequently to Consumer Court.

Awaiting your sincere co-operation and quick reply in the captioned matter.

Yours faithfully,

Dhurjati Dutta

***End of letter***

If this is the kind of service/behaviour from public servants then God help this country!. Meanwhile I'd like to express my thanks over a certain PAN card problem of mine which got sorted out. Thanks to the Good work done by your concerned authorities. Looking forward to your co-operation once again..

Dhurjati Dutta

sumit halder Guest

Default Harasement in Metro Rail by station master

[QUOTE=dhurjati dutta;29214]Dear Sir,

Reg: Complaint redressal

I am a regular passenger of metro rail. I have a riding ticket and the ticket was punched by me regularly. Today (Saturdary 3/4/2010) I also punched my ticket from Rabindra Sadan Station but in Shyambazar when I again punch my ticket for exit it was not punched. One of getkeer take my ticket an ask me to go to the station muster room. I went to station master( station master was not bengali) room and he said that ticket was not punched and he also asked give fine of Rs 260/-. The station muster behaviour is too much rough and rood. I convinsed him that the ticked was punched but he said that it was not punched. I chalanged him that the gate was not ok and tell him to punch that ticked in another gate. I take the ticket and punch it in another gate and ticket was punched. I was harased as an ugly was.
    It is my request to take a necessary action for that station master and also ask the Metro railway board to take necessary action for repairing the gate.

We suggest you to send a email at dycom@mtp.railnet.gov.in first, wait for their reply and in case not get any satisfactory reply then you can knock consumer forum.

Default complaint aganst drunked gate /ticket checher at shambajar metro station

sir

i am a bonifide passanger of metro and i am very happy with the services provided by you.i am very unfortunate and get surprised by the incedent happen with me on 13-05-2010 when am coming with my wife from rabindra sadan station .it was my mistake to take 2 zone ticket insted of 3 zone .i caught by gate man without uniform and having a metro tag at his hand .he abuse me and ask rs.50 instead of charging fine .,when i denie ,he tried to be physical with me with lot of abusing language.he was totally drunked .

i had done a mistake and i was ready to give whatever fine it is ,but it is very unfortunate that how that antisocial and curupt people are appoint at metro. please save your passangers from these drunked emplyees.

sandip rai

Ankita Ghosh Guest

Default Harasement in Metro Rail by station master

Reg: Complaint redressal

I am a regular passenger of metro rail. I have a riding ticket and the ticket was punched by me regularly. But on 19.08.2010 due to heavy rain my riding ticket has been badly damaged. I was advised to to go to the station master room with my tickect on [B]Shyambazar. I went to station master( station master was bengali) room and he said that he will return my money on 20.08.2010 for the unused 5 rides. As per his advise today when I went to his room he just not asked about my personal life but also offered me to come with him in alone. I just ignoring him but just trying to make a chance to use me. He also took my mobile numbers and after that he refunded my money. I was badly harssed there and also feeling very much insecure to go to any station master room in this kind of situation.
    It is my request to take a necessary action against the station master.

Thanking you.

Md Salim Ansari Guest

Default Seperate Arrangement of Seats to Physically Handicapped Persons.

I am a physically handicapped person of 37 years with Post polio paralysis of left limb and use Caliper with Knee and hindge joint. I am also a Govt Servant employed in Geological Survey of India and a daily passenger from Belgachia to Parkstreet .
    Sir I beg to say that previously seperate seats were provided to P.H. persons but it is mixed with Sr.Citizen also.I want to say that when I board the train from Belgachia I found that the most of the seats are occupied by the Sr.Citizen and I could not tell them to leave the seat for me because they are the respected Sr.Citizen of our Society. Some of them also offer me to sit also but I refuse them and tell them that though I am handicapped I am yound and you are our Sr. citizen of this country.
    Therefore I request you sir to make a separate arrangement of seats for Physically handicapped persons and also for our Respected Senior Citizens.
    Day by day crowds are increasing and I suggest that a system like in the local trains of Mumbai is introduced that a quarter portion of compartment in front and back may be introduced also so that to avoid rush while getting up and down from the train.
    An early and suitable remedy of the above problem is highly solicitated from your end please.

Thumbs down KAK SERVICE!!!!! get real people to do the job

hi ive been traveling with metro rail from mutual station to athlone,and i have never came across such shit service in my life!!! you guys just don't give a @@@@ if people are late for a meeting or just work, as long as you have your @@@@n money!!

today the the 11/10/2010 myself and about 100 other commuters waited for 1 hour on maitland station and no one even said anything on the intercom to say that the train going to be delayed what the @@@@ is the point of the intercom?????
    u guys are really not doing your job,its the simplest job in the world properly and you cant even get that right !!! give the job to people that can do it and its not @@@@n rocket science!!!

SURESH MEHTA Guest

Thumbs down Ticket counters

Almost all stations have more than 10 ticket counters and out of which hardly 1 or 2 remains open even during peak hours.

On 26th i visited to station master of central metro station and asked the reason,simply he replied it is due to non availability of staff.

If it is so than i dont understand why metro rail intoduce new trains.

May i rqst to kly look in to and keep atleast 5 windows open all the time.

Further their is no person to confirm about applicability of student concession in kolkata metro rails.
    May i rqst to kly mail the applicability of student concession and with reqd. Formalities etc.

Await action and reply,

rgds,
    s.r.mehta,
    mobile no.9831395999.

Default Rpf

this is to inform u that the RPF person travelling daily by 1st metru from dum dum r very notorius,they r sitting on the sit of ladies & not kettimg them 2 sit
    even if they r sitting on the bench at station (which is mention for ladies / old person) but still they r sitting there,
    & lastly they r alwats staring at ladies , & standing next 2 ladies sit.
    pls take som action

Angry Parking

Dear Sir/Madam

I pulled up to the station in Ottery this morning (02/04/2011) only to find that the church (GHCS) has taken over the parking
    that is meant for people using Metrorail services. The security would not even allow car's in for people to be dropped off, now I understand that the church was having a funeral but at the same time the church has parking on its premises and a vacant
    ground opposite the church. It is my understanding that the parking belongs to the station and if so then GHCS has no
    authority preventing anyone from parking at the station's parking area, especially those that use the train.

Angry Passanger

Angry Angry at Metrorail

Good Day

My names Nazereena , Last week and Thursday dated 5th of May 2011 i got mugged on my way to work.I work in Bellville, Cape Town but got mugged at the Pentech station, two stops before Bellvillen staion which is my destination..

This guy just decided to Pull a knife on me, scratch in my pockets and took my cellphone, now if there were any guard officials on the damn train this woudnt have happend.

Then he continued to torment me my trying to take my bag.. I then refused to hand it over due to my personal belongings being in there. Losing the fight for my bag , and while the train was departing Pentech Station he just decided to "what look liked" wanted to ofcause put and end to everything by pulling me off the train.. He succeeded in this

I got hurt badly , no guards were at the station and no one helped me. He then pursured to run off the platforf through the trail between bushes on either side of this station.
    Metrorail needs to secure their stations!

And ofcause this is one thing that i wont be able to let slide without a fight, not only for my saftey but for others as well, and to the young guy who was killed at that same station a week before, for his cellphone aswell.
    Isnt this enough for metrorail to urgentlly lookinto thhis matter immediatley

Very angry!!!!!

Angry people with 3rd class or no tickets in metroplus.................

good day.

i take the 6:19 train from kuilsriver to cape town. is there a reason why they cant stop the train and check that all the people in the metroplus carraiges have valid tickets to be there. the train is so full most days we cant evens get in the train cause the people with the 3rd class tickets are in the metroplus carraiges. if they want to be in metroplus they need to buy a valid ticket cause us commuters with valid tickets cant evens get in or get a seat which we are paying for not them but they are more comfortable than anything else. as a paying customer i would like you to make an effort to check the peoples tickets when the train gets to kuilsriver station as that is one of the worst stations to get on in the northern suburbs.

gopa bhattacharya Guest

Default Harasment by Station Master of Masterda Surya Sen (Bansdroni)

Reg: Complaint against the Station Master

I am a regular passenger of metro rail. I have a riding ticket and the ticket was punched by me regularly. Today (Monday, 23rd May, 2011) I also punched my ticket from Rashbehari Station but in Bansdroni when I again punch my ticket for exit it was not punched. One of getkeer take my ticket an ask me to go to the station muster room. I went to station master room and he said that ticket was not punched and he also asked give fine of Rs 250/-. The station muster behaviour is too much rough and rood. I convinsed him that the ticked was punched but he said that it was not punched. All the gates are not working. I was harased as an ugly was.
    It is my request to take a necessary action for that station master of Masterda Surya Sen and also ask the Metro railway board to take necessary action for repairing the gate.

Yours faithfully,

Gopa Bhattacharya

A. Bose Guest

Default Not worksing at Chandni Chowk Smart Gate

Sevaral day could not working chandi chawk south Gate ( SMART Card)

Please look in to matter immediately to avoid passengers probleme

gc201057@yahoo.in Guest

Thumbs down ridiculous situation in Ac metro

The Authority
    Metro Rail Department of Kolkata

I myself Gargi Chakraborty (Sarkar) like to inform you that we are facing mostly every day very ridiculous situation in metro rail,most of the day AC in all metro are not working properly & created a suffocated situation also.

We are the daily passenger & it's really not possible for us to travel like this. Either you should stop to run the AC metro or make it properly for the purpose of daily traveling.

Thanks & Regards.