The Complaint Cell,
ICICI Credit Card Division.
Sir / Madam,
Sub: Complaint regarding harasment from your credit card division – Reg card no is 447746310658
I'm S.P.Nataraj. As a customer, I wish to post my agony to the concerned person with regard to the style of dealing by your Credit card division. I still have a doubt, how I entered your “Customer” ambit.
While I was working as Crane operator in PSA Sical, Tuticorin I was ill-doctrinated by your sales representative about the features of your credit card and compelled me to purchase your agency credit card thro him. I have received an envelope said to contain the card.
Meanwhile, within a short span of a fortnight, I received a call from your ICICI lombard Call centre executive regarding a Health Insurance. The person scripted me exorbiantly about the features of the policy and persuaded me to accept for one. (I am already covered under health insurance from my company ) I was of the opinion that like the credit card, we need to sign some documents for this insurance policy also and the concerned representative may approach me in a day or two. But to my surprise/wither, I received a policy after two days.
Immediately, I rangup the same number, from where I got the call to cancel the said policy as I am not comfortable with this type of procedure and as I was lack of many basic informations about the policy. After hearing my statements, he finally agreed to cancel the policy. After that I haven't received any information.
Meanwhile being hit by the global recession, I struggled hard to retain my position in the company even at the cost of lower salary.
Almost after 1 year, I have received a letter from ICICI Lombard to pay service charges towards the health policy and the Premium. Immediately I called the Call centre executive and spoken to the Team Manager and enquired about my Cancelletion of Card and Policy. But I got only partial reply that my cancellation of my health policy is under progress ( to my dismay; even after 1 year – Additional Info: Finally it got cancelled only in January 2012) and also informed me that I wont receive any bills after that. For next 3 years I haven't received any bills / correspondence. Again in November 2011, I have been issued a Legal notice to pay a sum of Rs.18,000/-. After spurious followups finally I got the information that my policy got closed and no information about my card closure.
Last week I received a call from some of your executive to pay Rs.10000/- atleast.
Now to be frank, I am not in a position to pay a single penny w.r.t my financial strata. Kindly get my card cancelled and inform your call centre executives to stop harassing me over phone. As I have to work round clock to meet my basic needs, sometimes I may be working almost 50-100 ft above the water level. Even not ready to turn on their ear for; in what situation I am being, your call centre executives started speaking over phone.
Due to the anguish created by the speaker on the other side, if I lost my control for a fraction of second will lead to human losses and lakhs of rupees loss to the Port. Then in that case directly or indirectly being the last call conversed you will also be added as a party to the plaintiff filed by the Port against me for recovery of the damages incurred.
I am from a structured family back ground, I want to lead a peaceful life. So kindly initiate action to relieve from credit card hurdle just by cancelling it & the card number is 447746310658.
My basic doubts are:
- I am still not an IT assessee and my salary is not crossing the prescribed slab to pay income tax. Eventhough I opt for a Credit card, kindly let me know whether I am eligible for a Credit Card as per the Bank's policy.
- I haven't given any debit instruction to the insurance call centre executive to debit from my credit card; Because I was unaware of its features and Tuticorin, the town where I lived, five years before was not having much avenues to use Credit card except Cash withdrawals through ATMs.
- Without my instruction / knowledge, whether the Credit Card agency is empowered to debit / allow others to debit my account. In such case, who will be held responsible for the debits and what is the procedure to recover the amount and whether I will be paid any interest for the wrong/unauthorised debit and delayed re-credit.
- Eventhough I have not utilised the card even for a single swipe / withdrawal, whether I am legally entitled to receive a legal notice from the bank for payment of Rs.18,000/- . Who will bear the cost of my mental agony, distress and sleepness nights.
- Eventhough marketing bank products through selling agents is only recently approved by RBI, a card had been sold to me almost 5 years before.
- Because of the problems, embarassment, harassment faced from my first Credit card, Ain't confident of using/ purchasing any credit card thereafter and restricting myself to cash transaction only. This is against of views of RBI, as RBI is insisting to route transactions through alternate channel. I am not ready to changeover, because of my first experience. So morally I am pulling back India's progress towards paper less transaction.
So kindly resolve the issue and Cancel the credit card. I am ready to surrender the card at any of the nearest office.