Thread: Pen Urban Co Operative Bank Bankcrupted

Phenixrucha is offline Junior Member
    Nov 2010

Default Pen Urban Co Operative Bank Bankcrupted

Hello , I am from Rasayani just 90 kms away from mumbai , My, Father after his retirement did savings and other investments in This Pen urban Co Operative Bank, Mohopada branch, Dist Raigad, Pin 410222 ,state Maharashtra. we have Monthly Income scheme (MIS) account also recetly my father invested some amount in fixed deposit also.This account was there from March 2003. Suddenly last month when father went to bank to collect his MIS interest money he found that the Bank has been sealed, we stay in very remote village and my father is quite aged, now nobody has any idea what to do about it. Can you guide me how to go about and how to get the money as its very important for us. My family is really facing huge problems due to this and we really expect justice from you, kindly help us in this issue.when can i expect any guidance on this as we need to get prepared for this, we do have all the investment savings proofs with us according to your guidance we would like to proceed, even i would like to know which can be the nearest consumer court available for us, for any more information or queries kindly drop a mail.if can also provide some information regarding fees and other details that will also be great help for us.kindly help us as soon as possible as we are need of it indeed.

kunalsc Guest

Unhappy Need justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, I am a resident of khopoli, tal-khalapur,dist-raigad.
    My father had FD's in the bank & i had my recurring account.
    Its high time now,its been more than one year we are being waiting for the verdict.
    Last year on 3rd of nov 2010,my father met with a severe accident.
    The total expense went upto 7 lakhs.
    We applied for " OUR MONEY/WHITE MONEY" which we have in the bank,but still their is no decision on the same.
    As a common man, what is our mistake?????????????????
    Can we get justice in this so called democratic country?????
    Why Maharashtra government or any authority is not taking any decision on the same????????
    I am appealing to the government on the behalf of all the pen urban co-op bank customers.
    Please take some urgent & necessary action against the same.

All time suffering common man

Angry when the people get the money back.....

All people suffering from the problem when they will get their money back ...it's totally the RBI responsibility to help the depositors to give their money back
    & take the action against this bankrupted people .......need justices as Earlie as possible....

Default Pen Urban Bank, curruption makes life hell of coomon man

My name is Rucha Patki. One of Urban bank client for fixed deposit. From Oct 2010 i.e. from last 2.7years we the Pen Urban bank depositirs are fighting for our money. We have Rs 2 lacs which were deposited under me and ny father in law's name for short duration in Vile Parle east branch for our home Purchase. For all of us each n evey penny is hard earned but the difference in me is is mishap of bank due to any reason has led my husband to go in mental disturbances. his concern for his money has led him into a state of depression. This is ultimately resulting in his health deterioration, and abuse at home front.

I am absolutely frustrated. atlest come on some conclusion ... the ministers are cherishing our hard earned money, my lise is in hell and all above that no statement of confidence that our money is safe.

when consumer court will get successful in fighting? may be we also need to follow the step of farmers step now.......... ending up life soon rather than living in abuse........

Default surjit kaur padda

i have my account in khopoli branch, raigad district. i am a housewife. My husband is retired. we have no income. we have been waiting for the money to get released from this bank. i have my almost amount of 2 lakhs in my account as FD. this money is important to us. with absolute no income we only survive on interests on FDs. what you expect us to do?
    every week i make sure i go and check with the bank people. but yet there is no answer. is this our mistake that we trusted this bank? people do scams of crores and govt is not helping us to get our hard earned money. please this is a request that we are making to get the money as soon as possible. please understand our situation. each day we manage things. please dont make us lose our trust in our govt.

1. Pen Urban Co- Operative Bank Bankcrupted