Thread: Compalint against Standard Chartered Bank ( Case of Cheating by Bank)

Post Compalint against Standard Chartered Bank ( Case of Cheating by Bank)

Case of Cheating to me (as customer) by Standard Chartered Bank :

Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card No. - 4541982339945757 (Ajay Rajesh Mishra)

In the month of December 2009, the Sr. Marketing officer Mr. Ganesh of SC Bank approached me and offered a Card enhancement package (CEP) and Committed that CEP has got four advantages and one was the card holder would get 10-30% discount on Shopping and almost all major shops in Pune are covered in this scheme. The charges for CEP was Rs.4000.00 + Service Tax (Rs.412.00). The CEP was committed to dispatch within 3 weeks of the date of verification call is over.
    I opted the offer with the payment following terms :
    Rs.360.00 per month as EMI + Rs.412.00 (service tax) which was to be charged with 1st EMI.
    The verification call was over on 14th December,2009 and SC Bank executive committed to dispatch within 3 weeks i.e. before 4th January,2010.
    Due to technical problem with SC Bank, the CEP kit couldn’t be dispatched within scheduled time and there was no communication from them regarding the delay in dispatch. I started following up from last week of December,2009 but none of customer care executive could confirm about the dispatch of CEP(kit). When I approached to customer care, they promised me to revert back with in 5 working days but they never informed. On 30th Dec,09, over phone I contacted to Mr. Ganesh and Mr.Tushar senior officer of SC Bank regarding delay in dispatch of CEP and they didn’t have any information about the Dispatch of the CEP kit. During the telephonic conversation on 30th Dec,09 I requested to Mr. Tushar & Mr. Ganesh (Sr. Officer) of SC Bank that If you could dispatch CEP before 1st January,2010, then I would accept, otherwise may please cancel this CEP offer and need not to dispatch delayed. They accepted the request but didn’t send any written confirmation. Due to all above I had a very bad impression regarding services of SC Bank. During the January,2010 I sent many e-mails to Card service regarding the early dispatch of CEP package but none of them could be properly replied. In all replies they promised to revert back with 7 working days, but never communicated again.
    In the January month’s A/c statement, they debited the Rs.412.00 (service tax) and 1st EMI Rs.360.00 against CEP charges but till that time CEP was not dispatched from SC Bank and also there was no dispatch information from SC Bank.
    On 1st Feb,10 and 2nd Feb,10 (9.21 am), I once again sent email to card service and requested to cancel the CEP because of too much delay and not to dispatch the same in future (Copy of e-mail enclosed). In aforesaid e-mail I wrote that I would not accept this package so late and would not pay any money on account of CEP.
    Even though my request for cancellation, SC Bank dispatched the CEP kit which was received on 3rd Feb,2010 in the afternoon. After going through the Card enhancement package kit, I came to know false commitments made by SC BANK Executives which are highlighted below :
    1)The CEP was received more than one month delayed and date of commencement of package was mentioned December,2009 on the card and was received in February,2010. Since the package was of One year and two months was delayed by SC Bank but 100% CEP charges taken by SC Bank. This I notice a case of cheating to me.
    2)I found that None other that “Bambay stores” shop was covered in the package list. This was the proof of false commitment made by Sr. marketing office Mr. Ganesh who committed during offering this package that almost all major shops of Pune were covered in the list.

Therefore the Delay dispatch of CEP kit and False commitments made by SC Bank officer was brought in the notice of Customer care officers but they didn’t pay proper attention. They didn’t take my complaint seriously and no corrective actions (Credit of amount debited against CEP) was taken by SC Bank.

Because it was the mistake of SC Bank and therefore customer care officers were not ready to listen and accept their mistake. I had become fed up and frustrated during follow ups with customer care many a times. A lot of my precious time had been wasted and I suffered a lot of mental stress during above period.

I returned the ECP to Standard Chartered Chennai office on 13th Feb,10 by AFL Courier which was received by Mr. Robert of SC Bank Chennai on 16th Feb,2010.

In the month of February,2010, SC Bank sent statement of A/c and they debited the 2nd EMI Rs.360.00 and Rs.3365.80 unknown charges against return of ECP (Copy of statement of A/c enclosed). Also the previous EMI Rs.360.00 was carry forwarded with a late fee of Rs.100.00 & interest of Rs.30.89+Rs.17.24 (Copy of Statement enclosed). Rs. 412.00 the service tax forcefully which debited in to account didn’t revert but the same was deducted from January,10 Credit Card payment made to SC Bank (Copy of A/c statement)enclosed.

More than one Month Delay in dispatch of the CEP kit was the mistake of SC Bank and they are not accepting it till date. As customer I had a right to reject the CEP offer when it was not dispatched in time (up to December,2010) ie. received more than one month delay?

Why should I pay any charges against CEP when I rejected the same on account of delay and false commitments made by Sr. officer of SC bank????????

Why should I accept the CEP on 3rd Feb.2010 (date of receipt of courier) when the package commence from December,2009 (the date mentioned on the dining plus card of CEP kit)??????????

I noticed that following amount had been debited in to my account till the 25th February ,2010 A/c statement :
    Rs.412.00 + Rs.862.57+Rs.3365.80 = Rs. 4640.37

Where as the cost of this package was Rs.4000.00 +Rs.412.00 = Rs.4412.00

This is a clear cut case of Cheating me by SC Bank and when I had highlighted their mistake, they are not ready to accept the same.

I wrote an e-mail on 3rd March,2010 to Head Customer service of SC Bank (Copy of e-mail enclosed) in which I had been highlighted all above facts and imposed a penalty of Rs.5000.00 to SC Bank for wasting my precious time (Due to delay I wasted my precious time in follow up many a times but SC Bank officers never answered properly), false commitments, my mental torture due to all above unethical activities of SC Bank and deliberately making false debits in my statement of A/c. Now this is absolutely clear that SC Bank has intention of cheating the customers and I am one of the victim.

I lodged a complaint to Customer care on 3rd March,2010 against false & unjustified debit of Rs.4640.37 in to my account (Complaint no.577412/CO1) and another complaint on 4th March,2010 against false commitments made by Sr. marketing officer Mr. Ganesh of SC Bank (Complaint no. PL01/03/10/531493/301). None of the complaints have been answered till date.

Now I had been decided to hold all the credit card bill payment till above cheating issue created by SC Bank is not resolved. For any delay in credit card payment shall be the responsibility of SC Bank and I shall not pay any interest/penalty on such delay payments.

Ajay Rajesh Mishra
    (Maharashtra)

balaji bhange Guest

Angry Settlment of Account agenst outstanding after 5 years

sir/Mam

I am paying 23,900/- Cash to Mr. Gaikwad Rajratna Mob.No 9372912313 to against settlement of Credit Card of Standard chartered bank.

My Card No Is 5543787380738679 settlement date 27/02/2007

Settlement Letter No PUR 2003
    Settlement Payment Receipt No JE11No 26446

i have settlement Letter & Receipt of Payment

after 27/02/2007 to till date not any letter or call to me but 16/06/2012 on Saturday call from +912041488777 this no to me and said to your Standard chartered credit card against 42,000/- out standing.
    you pay early as possible otherwise your name come in black list.
    Please give me

Mr. Balaji Bhange
    Contact 9922054704
    E- mail:- balaji.bhange@yahoo.co.in

Default Standard Charterd Bank Compalint against Card enhancement Pack Cheating

I have Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card No. -5546232906972061 (Sachin Deshmuk)

On 12th ctober 2012, one lady of SC Bank approached me and offered a Card enhancement package (CEP) and Committed that CEP has got four advantages and one was the card holder would get 10-30% discount on Shopping and almost all major shops in Pune are covered in this scheme. The charges for CEP was Rs.4000.00 + Service Tax (Rs.412.00). The CEP was committed to dispatch within 3 weeks of the date of verification call is over.
    I taken two packs r with the payment following terms :

The verification call was over on same day and SC Bank executive committed deliver the CEP within 21 working days with following terms and conditions.
    1) If the card is not delivered within 21 working days all the amount will be refunded.
    2) I can reject /cancel the card within 30 days from deduction of amount from my account, and bank will refund 100% amount with all other charges.
    In the November month’s A/c statement, they debited the Rs.412.00 (service tax) and 1st EMI Rs.360.00 against CEP charges for only one CEP but I have not received any CEP from SCB and also there was no dispatch information from SC Bank.
    I called the SCB customer care and informed the same and they told me if it is not received, I can cancel the CEP and I will get all my 100% amount reversed back in my next statement, and they will close my EMI account,and Told me to pay the amount which is on my main card account, which I paid.
    In next month (December2012) statement they change me with late fees, Interest and service tax on the same November month CEP which I have told them to cancel,
    Now on 17th December 2012 I received two CEP by currier, I immediately call the customer care and told them that I have to cancel the CEP and EMI account as it is too late it is no use for me, they taken my cancelation request (20130210106965) and told that all my amount will be reversed back also they given me the address of SCB Bangalore where I currier the CEP back to SCB on 18 th dec 2012 by seedpost .
    But in my December 2012 statement two more CEP payment was reflecting i.e Rs Rs.360.00 per month as EMI + Rs.412.00 (service tax) which was to be charged with 1st EMI for each CEP.
    In the month of Jan 2013 statement all the three CEP accounts was reflecting with late fees, Interest and service tax. For all the three CEP accounts and EMI account.
    At the statement of 22nd feb 2013 my account total due was Rs 17 493.18
    So I wrote an e-mail to Head Customer service of SC Bank in which I had been highlighted all above facts, this exchange of mails was from January to July 2013 and finally they agreed in written that it was SCB mistake and they will reverse back all the three CEP amount 100% with service changes and also the amount of EMI and charges related to it. and they have done it in my july 2013 statement.
    But in between they have transferred all the late fees, Interest and service tax, which was applicable for three CEP and EMI account to my main account without my permission which is RS 7416.19.
    Why should I pay late fees, Interest and service tax charges against CEP when I rejected the same on account of delay of SC bank????????
    As SCB had agreed the mistake and reversed the charges of EMI and CEPs they have to reveres the late fees, Interest and service tax charges also.
    Now I had decided to hold all the credit card bill payment till above cheating issue created by SC Bank is not resolved. For any delay in credit card payment shall be the responsibility of SC Bank and I shall not pay any interest/penalty on such delay payments.
    My personal request to all the SCB customer –please don’t punches any Card Enhancement Pack from SCB as it is no use and you will lose your valuable time, money

1. Standard Chartered Bank