Thread: HDFC Phone banking

Default HDFC Phone banking

Name:  hdfc-netbanking.jpg

I am HDFC bank Savings Account customer.

When I try to reach Customer care executive, there is no option in IVR for the same.

I have sent my feedback to the HDFC and they ignored it.

There are other ways where in which we require to select some other options for information on their products then we can reach customer care executive.

If I ask for the direct option they telling to follow this tedious procedure.

It is very inconvenient this way reaching the executive and we need to remember what are the options to select so that we can reach.

There should be some guidelines to the banks on designing their IVRs.

They are making it very tough to reach the executives so that they can reduce the strenght of their staff.

Default Pathetic IVR option in HDFC phone banking

The phone banking services of HDFC bank has one of the worst IVR options.

When a person dials the customer service number he is directly made to hear the IVR which says the various options for savings accounts, demat accounts, mutual funds etc. in three different languages one after the other.
    For ex. they say dial 1 for savings account (first in english, followed by hindi and marathi). And, this continues for all the other options.

Instead of this we should hear the IVR options to select the preferred languages as soon as we dial in the number.

Moreover, if I have to talk to any customer service representative, I have to go through various menus, listen to unwated details of my account and then too, there is no direct option to contact them.
    And going around through many options for about five minutes and then dialing in again couple of times, I found a way wherein you to select one option to know your check status and that is where you are transferrred to an agent.

This is ridiculous on the part of HDFC bank.

The is intentional act from them to discourage the customers from approaching them.

A school going child can also understand the intention of providing such a tedious IVR option.

I would only say that they are now easily avoiding the customers, but in the long run people will start avoiding them and ultimately this bank will cease to exist.

Default Most pathetic service

The worst kind of agents
    Pathetic IVR service

I suppose having phone Banking for HDFC is just a way out for branch people to shirk from dre work..
    mOreover it is of no use

Default IVR Option to talk to an executive (Dial 51 after providing your pin)

The phone banking services of HDFC bank has one of the worst IVR options.

This is ridiculous on the part of HDFC bank.

Experienced similar frustration today. Blasted the executive about the ineffective IVR system they have. He gave me a valid route to talk to an Executive: Once you have provided your account/card no and pin, dial 51 to talk to the Customer Care Executive.
    aashish.agarwal likes this.

Wink

Thanks...it's working
    aashish.agarwal likes this.

Thumbs down Help less phone banking helpline of HDFC

Dear All,

HDFC phone banking no. is only the way to loss of time & waisting the money instead to get help from phone banker executive.

Dear All,

Dear customer,

Request you to write to us with reference ID TTU00160605042011, the phone banking number you dialed and your contact details. Once we receive this information, a bank representative will get in touch with you.

Default HDFC has hidden charges

HDFC is the worst bank i am banking with,,,they have so many unnotified hidden charges. these amounts are so less it is possible for us to ignore these small amounts of debits from your account. And when you call them through phonebanking first of all it is tough to get the customer care executive online and secondly he is of no use.

you write on the internet banking you wont get the right response. And finally when you go the branch directly...they will say sorry sir! this has happened by mistake so we will refund it.

Beware of these charges! HDFC use to be nice bank 3 years back...now it is worse day by day!

Dear customer,

Should you have any unresolved issues with the bank, we request you to write to us stating your account and issue details, along with your contact number and the reference id TTU000302529042011. We will be happy to assist you with any queries or concerns you may have.

Thanks...it's working

Very unfriendly.
    Very unhelpful.
    Waste of time.
    Dear customer,

If you have any unresolved issue with the bank, we would be happy to look into it for you. Request you to write in to talktous@hdfcbank.com with your account number, issue and contact details and the reference id TTU000323101062011. A bank representative shall contact you once we receive this information.

farookh21 is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2011

Thumbs down HDFC phone banking is Pathetic

The most worst phone banking most pathetic is HDFC.
    I am one of the nhappiest costomer of HDFC and will love to switch to any other bank who provides better customer support.

I never was able to reach the customer support through Phone banking.

My withdrawal limit was decreased from 50000 to 5000 without any intimationa nd when i tried to reach hdfc through phone banking I never made.
    Finally I gave up.
    I am now going to visit the bank for this.

In todays world of Ebanking HDFC bank is most worst and treats as if it is still is its 1980 time.

HDFC Bank you are a worst Bank.
    I give a score of 0 from 10 to HDFC bank.

Default Pathetic IVR option in HDFC phone banking

An email I sent to HDFC bank: grievance.redressal @ hdfcbank dot com

This to express the frustrating experience I always have with HDFC bank IVR options. I have been complaining about this for over a year or two now by sending emails to support @ hdfcbank dot com and I get canned responses indicating that my feedback is valuable and something would be done about it. However, as usual nothing gets done. I can have my 6 year old nephew send such canned messages by showing him how to copy and paste.

So, once again I am sending my feedback expecting some credible action to be taken regarding my concern by some responsible person who cares about customers and customer service.

I wanted to speak to a phone banker because a ticket that I booked through irctc did not get booked; however, HDFC bank debited the amount from my bank. I wanted to discuss this with a phone banker and spent over 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get to a phone banker and could not manage to do that.

Then I searched in Google which was more helpful that HDFC bank IVR because I found the consumercourt website.

On this website I found the following information which helped me reach a phone banker:
    IVR Option to talk to an executive (Dial 51 after providing your pin)

Though it states pin, I dialed 51 immediately after providing my TIN. This worked and I spoke to a phone banker and was told that the funds would be refunded within 2-4 working days. I wanted to complain about the IVR and I was directed to send an email to support@hdfcbank.com and I declined to do that since my past experiences sending email to them was not fruitful. I hence requested for an email address of a person who understands customers and customer service better and who has the authority to take decisions. I was not provided with such an email address and I was directed to call 1800224060. I called this number and spoke with Brice who too was not willing or not in a position to provide me with an email address of a real person who can take action. I then spoke with his supervisor Shweta Lad who is deputy manager Ė HDFC Bank. She seemed very knowledgeable but surprisingly she too was not aware of option 51 of IVR which I used to connect to a phone banker. I explained to her also that we as customers deserve much better access to customer service. I hold an account with ICICI bank where I am actually maintaining 0 balance in the literal sense and still get better access to customer service. In HDFC savings bank account we are required to keep a minimum balance of Rs. 10,000 and yet do not get an equivalent customer service.

Following are the only two reasons I still hold an account with HDFC bank:
    1. I have a salaried account with HDFC where my salary gets credited.
    2. There is an HDFC bank near my residence where I have a savings account. Proximity to my house being the only reason to hold an account there.
    Shweta informed me about option 6 that also allows you to speak to a phone banker. I told her that only a person with a strong 6th sense can figure out that option 6 helps you reach a phone banker. Unfortunately, my 6th sense is not that strong enough. If you have any tips suggestions or best practices to improve my 6th sense, please do let me know.
    Please take some credible action to improve your IVR and donít give me generic responses like we will consider your feedback to improve the system.
    Yours sincerely,

Vijitkumar

Thumbs down Hdfc bank complaint

Hdfc bank services are very worst.
    Don't open account in this bank.

1. ICICI Phone Banking Service
    By Unregistered in forum Other Banking Services
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 08:29 PM
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 07:38 PM
  3. HDFC Bank: Fraudulent Banking Services
    By Unregistered in forum Banking
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 11:38 AM
  4. Head-Phone Banking Group M/s. ICICI Bank Ltd.
    By Advocate.sonia in forum Judgments