Thread: HDFC Credit card complaints

syed farhan hyder Guest

Default HDFC Credit card complaints

I am "Syed Farhan Hyder" S/O Mr. S S Hyder. I own a salary account (acc no: 09431050079796) with HDFC bank on the behalf of my company. My HDFC bank customer id is 38508783.
    HDFC long back (7-8 months back,even before that) issued me a credit card(card no as they mentioned: 5289451400027898 on the behalf of my saving/salary account of hdfc bank on the mailing address of my office.

Due to having jobless in the last couple months, I couldn't pay the total outstandings worth Rs. 25234/ and minimum was Rs. 3510/- where card limit is Rs. 20000/- But I was in touch with collection guy name as Mr. Vinay- Collection dept +91-9310054767 since last month. And I cleared him that I will make minimum amount on 05th Dec, 2012 and remaining amount will pay as soon as possible.

And on mutual consent between Mr. Vinay & me to make the payment on 05th Dec, 2012 positively. I shocked when I deposited Rs. 30000/- in my HDFC salary a/c opn 04th Dec, 2012. Out of which 26000/- HDFC holding from my a/c 09431050079796 without any intimation on 05th Dec, 2012. How can you do with the customer who is already informed to collection guy to make the payment on 05th Dec, 2012 ?

On the basis of those dues, HDFC bank has upheld my saving account on 05/12/2012, having closing balance of 28000/- without any prior information. I contacted HDFC bank but they are saying that "we cannot do anything to it as this is the matter of HDFC Credit Card Division". When contacted HDFC Credit Card Division, they told me that there is outstandings of credit card. That's credit card has holding funds worth Rs. 26000/- from my HDFC a/c no 09431050079796.

Now I really don't understand that when it was mutually agreed between HDFC executive & me. And it was very clear how to make payment.

I mailed & talked to HDFC bank so many times and tried to make them convince that I told the entire story. How can you hold the funds without any information? And infact it was mutually agreed to pay already. but they didn't show any interest. I even warned them that "if you don't take me seriously, I will take legal actions against you"; but they didn't give me any satisfactory answer even I was never told that what is going on with my HDFC saving/salary account & when it will be unhold? They just said that our investigation is in process and we will intimate you but I hardly contacted by them for giving any information.

Now at last after getting frustrate and depress, I am challenging HDFC bank for this irresponsible activity. As being the customer of HDFC bank and an "Indian National", I demand HDFC bank to either unhold my saving/salary account with all the money back(with all the interest).

I do request you to take appropriate actions against HDFC bank as because of this entire thing, I have mentally suffered a lot from last 1 week to make them understand.

I also expect the "Court Of Law" to force HDFC bank to return my money after custting the minimum amount worth Rs. 3510/- due on the card as on date. I hope that being the helping body for the consumers, you will review the entire episode and take the appropriate actions against the bank.

Syed Farhan Hyder
    F-27, 1st floor, Johri Farm
    Noor nagar extension
    Jamia nagar
    New Delhi-110025

Mobile no :+91-9654930255

HDFC bank saving account no: 09431050079796.
    HDFC bank customer Id: 38508783.
    HDFC bank Issued credit card no: 5289451400027898.

Unhappy Citibank charging interest and late fee without submission of statement

From: Head Customer Care
    Sent: ‎29‎ ‎January‎ ‎2013 ‎15‎:‎33
    To: sunita giridhar
    Subject: RE:'Citibank=018-797-663'

Dear Ms. Giridhar,

This is with reference to your mail dated January 17, 2013.

We understand the dissatisfaction you have expressed in the mail. We regret any inconvenience caused.

The statement for June 2012 sent to your e mail address maintained in our records was delivered on June 19, 2012.

The physical statements for your card account for June 2012 was sent to the mailing address through Normal Post and the same was returned undelivered. Hence we are unable to trace the POD details of the shipments.
    For security purpose and also to prevent fraudulent transactions, the statements and alert facility for your card account were not sent to you.

We wish to clarify that late payment and interest charges will be levied in the event that the total amount due is not received before the due date.

In light of the above, we regret our inability to accommodate your request for the reversals of the charges

In this regard, we had tried contacting you however, we were unable to reach you at the number maintained in our records.

We request you to provide us your current contact number and available timings for us to contact you. Alternatively, we request you to contact Citiphone for further assistance.

Should you require any further clarification please feel free to write to us.

Sincerely,

Lakshmi S
    Head Customer Care

-----Original Message-----
    From: sunita giridhar (sunitagiri@hotmail.com)
    Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013 01:03 PM
    To: head.customercare@citi.com (head.customercare@citi.com)
    Subject: RE: Bill payment for my credit card

Dear Lakshmi,
    Your statement " Consignee shifted " is wrong . The address available with you is my own house and permanent address.
    My not being available in the house when the courier has visited does not imply Consignee has shifted.
    My work involves constant travel but I keep visiting Hyderabad regularly.
    If I ever I shift, I will intimated my change of address.
    My email has Id has not changed. As per your mail, you are to send me my statement in both formats. I have neither received a email bill statement nor a mail verifying with me if I have shifted.
    This is clearly a lapse on your side and I am not liable for your failure. Please see my track record of timely bill payments and review the various phone transcripts with me, which you record. I am neither a defaulter nor an absconder.
    I will settle my actual bill but I will not pay any penalties or late fees. It is not the amount but in principle I cannot pay for no fault of mine.

If you have no authority to settle this issue, please give me the mobile number and co ordinates the India head of Credit Cards Division, I will take up this matter with him.
    Sunita Giridhar

Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:22:27 +0530
    From: head.customercare@citi.com
    Subject: RE:'Citibank=018-777-992' Bill payment for my credit card
    To: sunitagiri@hotmail.com

Dear Ms. Gridhar,

This is with reference to your e-mail dated January 13, 2013.

We wish to submit the following:

* We would like to inform that your Card Account has been registered to receive Statements on both the modes, namely to your Mailing Address and to your email address

Accordingly, we are sending both physical copy and e-statement to the addresses maintained in our records.

However, the physical copy of statements were returned undelivered for the reason "Consignee Shifted".

* For security purpose and to prevent any fraudulent transactions taking place, we have placed your account in a blocked status. Hence the statements for your card account were not generated and sent to you.
    * Based on your representation, we have released the blocked and resent the duplicate copy of the Statement for the Month of August 2012 to December 2012 to the Email address and same got delivered.

* We have not received any payment towards the dues in your card for a considerable period of time.

As a consequence, we have closed your card with effect from December 18, 2012.

To date, your card account reflects an outstanding of Rs. 3,868.35.

We request you to effect payment towards this amount.

* As per the terms and conditions, if the payment towards the Total Amount Due does not reach on the Payment Due Date, the system will automatically generate Late Payment Charge and Interest Charges.

In light of the above, we regret our inability to accommodate your request for the reversal of the charge.

Please write to us for any further information / clarification that you may require in this regard.

Sincerely,

Lakshmi S
    Head Customer Care - Cards

‘The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments (the "Message") is intended for one or more specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this Message and do not disclose, distribute, or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this Message. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and can contain viruses or may be delayed, and Citi and its affiliates and/or the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. Citi and its affiliates and/or the sender have no responsibility for unauthorized access and/or alteration to this communication, nor for any consequence based on or arising from your use of information that may have been illegitimately accessed or altered. The Citi and its affiliates and/or the sender reserve the right to monitor, record, transfer cross border and retain electronic messages'

-----Original Message-----
    From: sunita giridhar (sunitagiri@hotmail.com)
    Date: Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:34 AM
    To: india.collections.grievance.head@citi.com (india.collections.grievance.head@citi.com)
    Subject: Bill payment for my credit card

My card no is 5189 3693 0072 3013.
    I was in Hyderabad last month for 2weeks and a Citibank customer service person spoke to me while I was there.
    I travel to Sri Lanka and many other places regularly and hence am not easily accessible on the phone.

I had not received any statements from the last 3-4 months on email . The customer service person who contacted me said that if physical statements get returned the email statement also stops. Please note that I travel a lot and hence , make sure I get my email monthly statements. how is it possible to make payments if I do not receive any statements? Finally ,On request , I received my statements but with penalty and late fees . When I spoke to the CSE who had called me , I have explained all this perhaps 3-4 tomes to her, maybe you can check the recording which was done for the improvement of services. I had requested that all late payment fees no penalty be waived off since payment was not made since the statement had not been sent only. I am surprised that I was not ever contacted on mail earlier. Your services are definitely not in order if I am expected to make payment without receiving statements ever......and then when I do receive statements it is with all the penalty ,late fees when the mistake was entirely on your side.
    I have never defaulted on my payments in the last many years . My payments are always made online thro a Citibank account.
    Kindly send me a single statement immediately without late fees and penalties so I can make the payment immediately.
    I am presently in Sri Lanka and am not sure when I will return to India.
    Kindly do the needful and please oblige.
    Sunita Giridhar

Default Credit card compalint

Dear Sir/Mam,

I am a salary account holder having A/c no. 02631140006995 in the name of Abhinav Vasal in Amritsar since last 1.5 years.
    I have applied for HDFC bank credit card in April'12 and then in April'13 (several times). One of my reference no. is 13040515159530.
    But every time it had been rejected by the bank without giving any intimation and even without proper reason of decline.
    When I inquired in depth, I came to know that once in earlier years my father had been using HDFC credit card and he had made settlement with them for the o/s amount.
    Now the bank had declined my application only because of the reason that my father is a defaulter (however, he is not).
    Why my credit worthiness is being linked with my father, though I am independent and earning handsome salary in MNC.
    HDFC bank had secured salary a/c of mine with them and they have the facility of Auto debit also, so my credit worthiness should not be linked with my father.
    This should not be rule for declining when I have separate identity.
    Please look into the matter and provide me proper explanations for the above reason
    Waiting for a positive response.

CA Abhinav Vasal
    80540-91933
    abhinavvasal1989@gmail.com

kanala.aruna Guest

Default Fraud Bank

My name is Aruna. My credit card number : 5241 7800 0167 7587. I received last month the statement for Rs.3580.59/-. I have made the payment on 25-May-2013 amount of Rs. 3580.59/- as due date was on 30-May-2013. When I checked with customer care they said that due to 0.59 paise, as we didn't received complete payment so we have charged it. the interest charge Rs.210.64 & service tax Rs. 22.82 this charges is levied to my account. I was thinking to to pay complete amount of 2 installment Rs.7575.31 by this month. But, there are fooling the customer.

RAJASEGAR Guest

Default My PURCHASE AMOUNT is Rs. 8500 - But almost paid 6000 and 32000 left.

Dear Concern,

This is RAJASEGAR- and my HDFC Credit card number is 4346781008733263. 3 yrs back i used my credit card for my personal requirements it was around Rs. 8500 & my credit card

limit only 10000.00 (INR). For that more than three years i was paying some amounts in between the ranges of Rs.1000 - Rs.2000 (i.e, every month). it seems yearly i'm

paying around Rs.20000 so total its coming Rs.60000. for that 8500 i almost paid more than 50000 so Here i would like to close my credit card account - you please

reshedule my account and please send entire statment in my email ids - kingsegar@yahoo.com / kingsegar@gmail.com / r_rajasegar@rediffmail.com

Kind Note : I visited Local HDFC bank they are not ready to give proper answer for my request.

Rajasegar.R

Default proxy credit card usage complaint

Please note the below complaint was made by me on april 10th regarding transactions were performed by a stranger inspite the card was being with me. i get the feedback from customer care department that the investigation is going on like that so they need my credit card scan copy to proceed further and they provide me a mail id gopinath.rajkumar@hdfcbank.com. due to my personal problem i was not suppose to send the scan copy to him through E-mail which was already conveyed to him and he accepted that. i am trying to send the scan copy of my credit card to proceed the investigation today but i got the failure message on delivery so proceed further here with i attached my credit card scan copies.please find the attachments.Please find the below previous mail conversation for the better understanding of my problem.

I will be available in 9940345305 and sanju.santhosh@gmail.com for your investigation.

My credit card no: 4346781013017918

Please note the below transactions had occurred in my account without my knowledge.
    13.03.13 at meena pharmacy for rs. 500
    29.03.13 at rakhi cinemas for rs. 600
    03.04.13 at games flash for rs. 5500

All the above transactions were performed by a stranger inspite the card being with me.

On 31st March, I had done a complaint about this and made a request to block my account immediately. And the complaint no is 13090426476.

But the account was not blocked and another strange transaction again happened on 03.04.13 as mentioned above. After repeated telecom complaints made finally the account was blocked only on April 3nd and the complaint no is 13093919968. It is to inform you again that the card was with me while the above strange transactions were made.I investigate the shop where the transaction was made on April 3 and they said they have cctv surveillance. Please take a investigation on the same.

Also I have submitted the signed dispute form through courier on April 4th and the professional courier no is maa511963452.

But till now I have not received any call or confirmation from the bank about the investigation.

Please take action on the same.

Vinukumar Guest

I am "Vinukumar . I own a salary account (acc no: ------------9902) with HDFC bank on the behalf of my company. My HDFC bank customer id is 42959529
    HDFC long back issued me a credit card on the behalf of my saving/salary account of hdfc bank on the mailing address of my office.

Due to am out of Station in the last couple months, I couldn't pay the total outstandings minimum was Rs. 2510/- where card limit is Rs. 20000/- But I was in touch with collection guy name as Mr. Shankar- since last month. And I cleared him that I will make minimum amount on 05th june, 2013 and remaining amount will pay as soon as possible.

to make the payment on 05th june, 2013 positively. I shocked when . Out of which 20000/- HDFC holding from my a/c without any intimation on 24th may, 2013. But they issued the noticed on June 6th.

I also expect the "Court Of Law" to force HDFC bank to return my money after cutting the minimum amount worth Rs. 2510/- due on the card as on date. I hope that being the helping body for the consumers, you will review the entire episode and take the appropriate actions against the bank.

And also I havw written to mail RBI also.

Vinukumar

Mobile no :+91-9731916736

Krishna C Guest

Default HDFC Credit card division playing with me

I hold an HDFC credit card from last 4 years. For security purposes the bank has dispatched a new card and had been sent to the old address updated in the records. I requested what to do.
    I have been told by the HDFC credit card division that just update the new address and the card will be sent to the new address. It took nearly a month for updating the new address. After that, they told again I need to write a letter for reissuing the card. I sent the letter through courier to the Chennai Bank address and the letter is delivered to them. I have the proof of that also. Now they started one more drama saying that we have not received the letter. I don't know why they are doing it intentionally.

Default Credit Card Complaint Unsolved and mentally harassment

I am Deepak Kumar Pradhan,having a credit card of HDFC bank. When they called for verification they(Service person) told we are going to give titanium edge card and i replied i dont want titanium edge card and if you are going to provide platnum plus card then let me know otherwise i don't want to take the hdfc credit card and the customer care person agreed and we will provide platinum plus card but after that they send me same titanium card only. I make a call to customer care and told all about this they took a complaint on this and told me wait for 4-5 working days and our service team will get back to you and i waited for 10 -12 days but i didnot got any call or conformation(Complaint ID is 13169283247) this complaint was given on 15 JUNE 2013.
    After that once again i called to customer care and on this time the laddy picketup the call and told very rudely wait another 4-5 days i cant do anything and ended the call. After this incident i was surprised that this is the actual fact of credit card holder fate when you are going to call customer call. Once again i waited and finally i called to HDFC customer care for cancellation of my credit card and this time i was stunned by knowing that the last complaint id which was given to me against that there was no complaint. This is how customer service works on hdfc bank.
    The customer person once again took complaint (Complaint No. 13175127945) and told once again wait for service team's call, but still i didn't get any call and without using the card still i got bill last month where i have to pay 673 for card charge.
    The fault is from HDFC side and still they send me bill to pay.
    Please consider my problem and kindly suggest me what to do further. I want to give a case against it. For that what are the procedure i should follow.

CARD NUMBER: 5242161000806817
    1ST COMPLAINT NO. 13169283247
    2ND COMPLAINT NO. 13175127945

Kindly give me suggestion what to do? Waiting for positive respons.
    Deepak Kumar Pradhan
    Bangaluru

Angry Credit Card Complaint Unsolved and mentally harassment

The fault is from HDFC side and still they send me bill to pay.

1ST COMPLAINT NO. 13169283247
    2ND COMPLAINT NO. 13175127945

Kindly give me suggestion what to do? Waiting for positive respons.
    Deepak Kumar Pradhan
    Bangaluru

Palkesh Shah Guest

Angry Credit card complaint

Tried making payment of credit card bill on 29-May-2013 Total Amount Rs.54,958.20 using option 'Pay your HDFC Bank Credit Card bill with another Bank account' from your website through Saraswat Co-op bank, it showed two transaction failure notification on attempt to make payment (CAN BE VERIFIED FROM BANK RECORDS). However the same was debited from the bank account twice. It is now more 60 days, the said amount is not refunded back.

If customer do not make payment on time then Interest @3.15% pm and Late fees is applicable and if bank then why shouldn't same be applicable.
    If customer fails to make payment then bank report to CIBIL and create records of the customer for the industry then why shouldn't customer has rights to report to CIBIL and make public awareness about the failure of bank.

I DEMAND INTEREST @3.15 % pm AND LATE FEE CHARGES AS MENTIONED BY BANK IN THE CREDIT CARD TERMS & CONDITIONS.

Mahesh Bhatt Guest

Default Non re-dispatch of renewal credit card

My credit card is expired & could not get renewal card on time.

ANANDAPADMANABAN is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2012

my credit card no; ************9098 ,reg email id:anandreddy1991@gmail.com,ph# 9840071738,I HAVE PLACED AN order online for 18050 for 6 months on 27/08/2013 but order was cancelled by merchant due to out of stock and i have contacted the phone banking coz sum of 18050 got debit from my card ,agent req me to cnacel emi then it will reflect in unbilled then to file dispute if am not recieving refund from merchant ,i did the same very next day i checked unbilled that amount was credit very same day on 27th but there was processing fee reflected for 361+tax 44,(405), i have contacted phon banking they confused meby sayin it is processing fee for another emi 9300 ,but that is a zero processing fee emi ,again i have contaced them and confirmed the charges was for 18050,that order was cancelled , emi was cancelled and merchant too refunded the money back still u people haven't reversed emi charges i have been contacting phone banking for past one month no resolution was given agian i spoke to a manager ,name:easwar moorthy, he gave me complaiant ref# as 13274178288 ,said will be refunded before 5th nothing happened i have spent my ph with u people for more than 300 mins even i got another 300rs debt for this no response yet .my due date is on 10th oct i have to pay my debt back if am not getting any resolution in 2 days of time or before my due date i can't pay even a single penny ,i paid my minimum payment already if u put any interest charges for this balance you people have to reverse it ,else i'll fiel case in ombudsman,my contact3 is 9840071738 still i haven't received any call back from mr easwar moorthy dead line got bared ,i'll wait till 9th oct ,if nothing happened ,am going to cut the card and sent back to you people ineed all the call recordings from 1st sep to 5th oct ...my solicitor suggested me to go legaly for harrassing a customer in this way and to get the compensated legally by hdfc bank .

REGARDS
    ANANDA PADMANABAN G

sw1510 Guest

Default Provided wrong information on EMV Times Platinum Credit Card

Hi there,

Customer care executive provided incorrect information on "EMV Times Platinum Credit Card" that this is life time free but when I got the statement they did charged 1685.40 as annual membership fee. After doing complaint on this to senior management, they told that all fees was mentioned in the form and you have signed it.We never check the forms before sign it as their executives comes in hurry and they say that they need only sign and they will fill it at their end.And we believe that information provided by customer care executive are correct so we do sign before reading the forms.I have to pay that fee which was very huge and I would know about it I never do apply for this.

Be aware of getting any HDFC Bank credit card as they hide the information,charges,fees and after complaining they do nothing.

rakeshwaths@gmail.com Guest

Default Complaint against Cr. card issue

I am "Rakesh waths" S/O Mr. Y kumar. I own a salary account (acc no: 00361050064802) with HDFC bank on the behalf of my company. My HDFC bank customer id is 5258453.
    HDFC long back (7-8 months back,even before that) issued me a credit card(card no as they mentioned: 5243681000748304 on the behalf of my saving/salary account of hdfc bank on the mailing address of my office.
    Case- Since last one yrs no statement copy received & Last seven month no usage of card but interest charges add to my a/c. My credit card is expired & could not get renewal card on time.

Due to more travel & suffer a credit card issue, I couldn't pay the total outstandings worth Rs. 107565.17 Due to unnecessary Interest charges & other charges and minimum was Rs.5000 /- where card limit is Rs. 180000/- But I was in touch with collection guy name as - Collection dept +91-07314052450 since last month. And I cleared him that I will make actual amount will pay but I need a confirmation on mail.

And on mutual consent between Mr. Harneet & me to make the payment on 05th Oct, 2013 positively. I shocked when my balance is Hold /- in my HDFC salary a/c opn 03rd Oct, 2012. Out of which 107565.17 HDFC holding from my a/c 09820116586 without any intimation on 03rd Oct, 2013. How can you do with the customer who is already informed to collection guy to make the payment on 05th Oct, 2013 ?

On the basis of those dues, HDFC bank has upheld my saving account on 03/10/2013, having closing balance of 43000/- without any prior information. I contacted HDFC bank but they are saying that "we cannot do anything to it as this is the matter of HDFC Credit Card Division". When contacted HDFC Credit Card Division, they told me that there is outstandings of credit card. That's credit card has holding funds worth Rs 107565.17 from my HDFC a/c no. 00361050064802

I also expect the "Court Of Law" to force HDFC bank to return my money after custting the actual amount due on the card as on date. I hope that being the helping body for the consumers, you will review the entire episode and take the appropriate actions against the bank.

Rakesh waths