Thread: Make My Trip.com

I booked a ticket from Bangalore to New Delhi on 17th March 2009 by
    Makemytrip that time there was on offer 50% cash back on basic fair I pair
    2650 Rs as basic so that company promise to return my amount in my debit
    card with in 8 day of my flying date my fly date was 28th march

I am forwarding my all details which is I got from makemy trip

Still I did not get my money and they are telling they already credited in
    my account but I checked with my bank they are telling they did not get any
    amount from makemytrip to credit in my account

Please guide like me what should I do

I am expecting positive response from your side

Akhilesh Mishra

Default Double debiting

I was trying to book a flight ticket on Kingfisher red on 10th Dec 2009 (Pune to Chennai for 10th Jan 2010). During transaction (Debit card) after clicking “pay” and waiting for a while I was shown the error statement that the transaction could not be made. So I redid the booking and this time was successful. However on perusing my SBI statement I found amount of Rs2059 has been debited twice, but I have received only one ticket.
    On perusing the complaint site for “make my trip” I was shocked to see similar complaints. However, the replies from Ms. Devika Khosla seems to be encouraging and soothing. I request the staff and Ms. Devika Khosla to help me with the refund

>MakeMyTrip Booking ID - FLT00008392522
    >Booking Date - Thu, 10 December 09ItineraryPune - Chennai (Madras) | Sun, 10 January 10, 17:50 hrsNon-Stop FlightDepartureArrivalRefundable FarePune (PNQ)Chennai (Madras) (MAA)Kingfisher RedDuration: 1hr 40mSun, 10 January 10, 17:50 hrsSun, 10 January 10, 19:30 hrsIT 3623Passenger NamesTypeAirline PNRE-Ticket Number mary n mohankumarAdultPNUPAA3876417677A PRINTED COPY OF THIS E-TICKET MUST BE PRESENTED AT THE TIME OF CHECK INImportant InformationDocuments for TravelA.What documents do I need to carry along with my E-Ticket?
    >It is mandatory to carry Government recognised photo identification (ID) along with your E-Ticket.

Default Response from MakeMyTrip

Dear Mary Mohankumar,

With reference to your post on this forum, I regret any inconvenience caused to you.

We are looking in to your case and will be in touch soon with a resolution.

If you'd like to share further details, please write to triphelp@makemytrip.com.

Angry Flight Cancelled and fees

I would like to officially make a complaint in regards our transaction with MAKEMYTRIPI s I feel this was unacceptably dealt with by your customer service team via the telephone.
    I should NOT be charged any cancellation fee for this booking as the fault was entirely with Make My Trip.
    Details are as follows:
    When booking the flight there were issues with the website which we were told later involved one leg of the trip. Though one leg of the trip could not be reserved, the entire flight was booked and my credit card charged. Common sense would have suggested that one cannot make a return flight when the initial flight was not booked.
    Having not received any confirmation of the trip we both emailed and phoned the service to ask for confirmation and were assured we would receive this within 6 hours.
    No confirmation was ever given, rather, on the day before schedule departure we received an email explaining that our flight to 'Mumbai' was canceled. We had never booked a flight to Mumbai - the flight was to Port Blair. As a result of this confusion, we called the customer support centre who informed us that one passenger could not fly TO Port Blair but had a return flight; the companion passenger, however, had received a return ticket. Obviously one passenger was not going to travel alone so we asked to simply cancel the reservation.
    The customer service representative informed us that we would have to pay a fee - she said she understood why we felt we should not have to pay a fee but it was not 'company policy' to forgo this fee.
    As you can imagine, we were very upset. Upset because 1. we were not flying to Port Blair; 2. we would have to pay a fee for a flight that we NEVER had a chance of being on; 3. the customer service operator was not helpful and actually ended up making my partner cry!
    We repeatedly asked to speak to a supervisor or manager but were refused.
    This is very poor customer service and I cannot imagine that it is really 'company policy' to force customers to pay a cancelation fee for a fault that was not there own.

I would request that you review this particular case - we never had a complete flight to Port Blair so the reservation and credit card charge should NEVER have been made.
    I would also request that you review the system of booking in these types of trips.
    I also would request that you review customer support and call center/customer relations for these matters.

After such an experience it is not likely that we will ever use your website service again, though it is highly likely that we will provide negative reviews where possible.

Also, I will be looking into the legal implications of such a 'cancelation charge' as I do not see that it was fair (either morally or legally).

Please feel free to contact me once you have reviewed this matter. We look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

Response from MakeMyTrip Guest

Default Response from MakeMyTrip

Dear Mary Mohankumar,

With reference to your communication with MakeMyTrip, we have initiated the refund process for MakeMyTrip Booking ID FLT00008392358.

MakeMyTrip Booking ID FLT00008392522 is confirmed and as agreed by you, you will be utilizing the ticket for travel.

While we regret the inconvenience caused to you in your experience with MakeMyTrip, we do look forward to being given another opportunity to assist you with your travel needs in the future.

Default Refund made-Thanks a lot

With reference to the said complaint, I thank the staff at makemytrip for making the refund.

Dear Mary Mohankumar,

We are looking in to your case and will be in touch soon with a resolution.

Exclamation Refund Not received inspite of regular follow-up

Ref: Make My trip Booking ID: FLT00007657332; Booking Dt. 06.11.2009;
    Cancellation Dt.10.12.2009. Complaint Token No. 091231-000052

I had booked my air tickets through Makemytrip.com for Patna-Kolkata and Kolkata-Chennai Sectors. Since the the Jetlite flight for Patna-Kolkata sector got cancelled, I had to cancel my entire trip. Though I got the refund amount for Patna-Kolkata sector on 14.12.09, till date I've not received the refund amount for Kolkata-Chennai Sector. I followed it up several times through their customer support (1800118747) call centre no. Every time they were giving the assuarance that my refund will be credited within 48-72 Hrs. Several such 72 Hrs have gone by but I'm yet to get the refund. I've sent couple of E-mails to their customer service cell. Again I received the same standard reply (72 Hrs..). Two days back the call centre guy kept me on hold for 25 Min and then hung up. When I again tried, I was asked to provide my Bank A/C.NO. and IFSC code of the bank for wiring my refund amount. But the refund amount has not been credited till date.
    Its really a nightmarish experience dealing with Makemytrip.com. They should change their name to "Mar"mytrip.com. Hope my compliant will be resolved soon through this forum.
    Ramesh

Advocate.sonia's Avatar
    Advocate.sonia is offline Senior Member
    Sep 2009

Ref: Make My trip Booking ID: FLT00007657332; Booking Dt. 06.11.2009;
    Cancellation Dt.10.12.2009. Complaint Token No. 091231-000052

Ramesh
    Hello Ramesh,

As you mentioned that you have already registered your complaint with the Make my trip customer care but still you are waiting for the refund, it clearly shows that the customer care is useless in your case hence you have to contact to the CMD of Make My Trip for refund, for that you have to send a written notice to the CMD of Make My Trip via registered post, mention all the details along with the complaint nos. registered with their customer care and ask them for the refund + 12% interest + damages within the mentioned time of 15-20 days.

Wait for the mentioned time period and if still not get any response then file a case against them in the consumer forum as you have all the supporting document and also intimate the CMD of the parent company via registered post.

Sending notice via registered post makes your case strong against the parent company.

Default Refund process

Ref: MakeMyTrip Booking ID: FLT00009341236
    Booking Date: Mon, 25 Jan '10

This letter is for escalating the refund process of makemytrip.com.

On January 25th, 2010, I purchased the tickets from makemytrip.com (ticket details are given below). On the same day I cancelled the ticket due to the non confirmation of one of the tickets. The return reference is given below. I was informed in the return process that the total amount of (Rs 27,666) will be returned with in 7 days. I got a refund of Rs 7503 on 29th January 2010. Even though it was a partial payment, the refund status indicates that the refund process is complete.
    I called the customer service and the person ensured that it would be credited within 3 days. It is not done yet. It’s a huge balance amount sitting due in my credit account and it is collecting the unnecessary late payment changes. Kindly initiate the refund process for the balance amount at the earliest.
    I can be reached at vgabhilash@gmail.com

Flight details:
    Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum) - Chennai (Madras) | Travel Date: Tue, 26 Jan '10 - Not confirmed
    Chennai (Madras) - Mumbai (Bombay) | Travel Date: Tue, 26 Jan '10
    Mumbai (Bombay) - Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum) | Travel Date: Wed, 27 Jan '10

Cancellation details:

Reference ID: IN0912R0197763
    Cancelled Sector:
    Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum) - Chennai (Madras) , Mumbai (Bombay) - Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum)
    Cancellation Request: Wed, 27 Jan '10
    Refunded Date: Sat, 30 Jan '10
    Number of Passengers Cancelled (4 Passengers) 4 Adults
    Refunded Amount: Rs. 27,666

Refund Process Completed: (Fri, 29 Jan '10 )
    Hi , We have successfully completed your transaction. Please find below your refund details:

Refunded Amount: Rs. 7,503

Post Looting by MakeMyTrip

I seek the help all concerned in connection resolving the impasse on MMT BOOKING ID: FLT 00009772802
    The relevant portion of the case is reproduced:
    • I have booked three tickets on 15/02/2010 after seeing that the lowest price at then time at Make My Trip (MMT) website was Rs. 4011.00 per passenger. But I was charged Rs. 16149.00 (Rs 4161.00 for one and Rs. 6219.00 for other two)
    • When I saw that I have been charged Rs. 16149.00, I again checked the website to ensure whether I have correctly seen the fare. The fare was still then Rs. 4011.00
    • I brought the matter of overcharging the following day both by several mails and several telephonic discussion. The fare was then Rs. 5213.00 or so which I brought to their notic
    • Then they sent me a log that there was no technical error. The log can be manipulated by anybody
    • I thought that I should know from Jet Airways what the fare was on February 15. The jet airways informed me that the rate never exceeded Rs. 4008.00. The mail was dutifully forwarded to MMT vide my mail dated Feb 24, 20:33 hours and they were requested to resolve the impasse.
    • Thereafter I was informed by MMT though MAIL of Ms. Neha Mehoratra that a refund has been processed.
    • But when I contacted MMT for confirmation MMT is trying to disassociate with the mail of Ms. Mehorotra
    Can anyone offer me any mail. I don’t know the mail id of CMD, MakeMyTrip or else I would have written to him apprising him everything
    Sincerely,
    Biswanath Bhattacharya,
    Cell No: +91 99824 00865

adv.singh is offline Senior Member
    Jan 2010

Forward your complaint via registered post to the below mentioned address:

MakeMyTrip India Pvt. Ltd.,
    103 Udyog Vihar Phase I,
    Gurgaon - 122016, Haryana, India

Visit : Notice before filing consumer complaint for notice reference.

Default Claim for cancelled flight

On 2/10/2010 I was booked to fly on flight AI 140 from New York (JFK) to Mumbai. My flight was cancelled due to bad weather conditions in New York, about 10 hours before I was due to depart.
    My flight was booked through MakeMyTrip.com (MakeMyTrip Booking # 2STXQR and Air India Confirmation # HYNM1).
    On speaking with the customer service representatives, I was given the option of going on the next flight or a full refund on cancellation of the entire trip.
    Since they did not give me a confirmed seat on the next flight, I decided to cancel my entire trip and get a full refund. As per MakeMyTrip.com representatives, they had an
    email confirmation from Air India regarding the full refund option on cancellation of the entire trip.

It is now more than 40 days since cancellation, but I still haven't got the refund of $1007 which is the cost of the ticket.
    Please process the refund and credit to my account as soon as possible.

You could contact me by email:nairmaheshm@gmail.com

Subha

Thumbs down Refund needed from Make my trip for MMT Festival offer

I have been complaining for the last 3 months for the non-receipt of MMT festival offer kit. I had made a payment of Rs.7719 on 20th November, 2009 for the MMT festival offer ( where it had MMT's yearly membership+ Domestic flight and hotel dicount vouchers+ International hotel and flight discount offer + Free watch).

As a last resort i filed a complaint on one of the online forums and after the Make my trip team took the pain to call me and give me a status of the consignment. But again the kit was not couriered to me . I am very irritated with tehir cervice and now want to get a refund from them. They are again not replying to any of my mails.

I would request consumercourt.in's team to help me with this and it would be great if you can let me know the escalation steps for this or if you could take action against this.

Abhishek Gaurav
    9819782105

Default System hang after payment from net banking

I have booked a two ticket from Indore to mumbai and mumbai to Indore of dated 11.11.10 and 14.11.10, also booked two days hotel th make my trip, and given payment by net banking from HDFC . Just after the site has been stopped and no response from make my trip. I have called twice regarding on their help line numbers but communication was not possible.

Please help us.

Rajesh K. Agrawal
    dopl2003@yahoo.co.in

Default Kerala Trip Disaster

Kusum:

I am writing to you to express my extreme displeasure at the trip that you booked for myself and my family to Kerala. The trip was a complete DISASTER and as you know this trip was meant to be a special one as my daughters from Canada were visiting us. We landed at the airport in Kerala only to discover that NO ONE was there to pick us up. After calling the number provided on the itinerary, it was clear that car arrangements had not been made for my family - how could that be?!! We booked the trip MONTHS IN ADVANCE. We sat at the airport for over TWO HOURS and made countless phonecalls to the makemytrip office as well as the local tour operator. It was so frustrating as your colleagues would continuously pass my call on from one person to another and would not give me an answer or explanation as to what was happening. It was very APPARENT that nobody had any answers for me. Finally, the driver came and we discovered that the driver had NO KNOWLEDGE of Kerala or the locations that he was to drive us to. His driving was ATROCIOUS and many times I feared for our lives. The driver finally admitted that this was only his third trip and he did not know anything about the locations that he was charged to take us to. This is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable as we expected the guide to be knowledgeable and speak at LEAST HINDI or ENGLISH... he spoke neither well. Overall, this was a horrific experience and I would NEVER recommend makemytrip to anyone from overseas or locally for that matter - it was an embarrassment for me to have my children experience this. I expect this matter to be reviewed and some sort of compensation or something to be provided to me to at least acknowledge this. I spent a substantial amount of money on these trips. I expect a response as soon as possible and if I do not hear from you, I will escalate this matter.

Shobha