Thread: TicketGenie.in Cheated us with IPL tickets

Bharath Bhaskar is offline Junior Member

Angry TicketGenie.in Cheated us with IPL tickets

Dear Administrator/Forum

We had booked the tickets for april 10 th match on March 5th that is more than one month earlier to the match.We recieve a mail from the vendor on 8th of April (evening 6:47pm) that they are unable to issue us tickets due to technical error.
    Now this date is too late to arrange ourself tickets for the same match we are totally disappointed with the response and the carelessness of the vendor who intimates us too late about these aspects also expects us to buy tickets for the next match with a higher price

I have attached the mail from the vendor on the same. Please get us justice on this regard

Thanking you in advance
    Bharath Bhaskar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TicketGenie.in Cheated us with IPL tickets-ipl-issue..jpg   TicketGenie.in Cheated us with IPL tickets-ipl-issue1..jpg

crownarun is offline Junior Member

Hello Forum:

I have the same problem. Bought the tickets online on Feb. 27 for a match on April 17. I also received a confirmation mail from Ticketgenie immediately after booking the tickets. Yesterday, I received the following mail. Please help me in taking action against ticketgenie.in.

Dear Customer

We do understand your concern and it is not your mistake and at the same time it is a technical error which cannot be undone.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and request you to bear with us this time and either opt for a refund or opt for the Semi Final Matches scheduled either on April 21st or April 22nd.

Order No: 76374 & 76489

Refund
    If you opt for the refund you need to send us an email to refund@ticketgenie.in requesting for a refund. In this case we will process the refund immediately and normally it will take 8-10 Working days to credit your account.

Semi Final Tickets
    If you opt to trade in for Semi Final tickets, you have to visit the E Ticket redemption counter (Gate No.19 of the Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium) on 13th April or 14th April or 18th April and collect the ticket by paying the difference amount. Rs.60/- paid towards courier charges will be adjusted against the ticket amount.

Quote Originally Posted by crownarun View Post
    Hello Forum:

Order No: 76374 & 76489

Once again regret the inconvenience cause to you in this regard.

Well same problem with me also, booked tickets on 2nd March for 17th April match and yesterday I recieved same mail from them. This is pathetic service from ticketgenie.com

dhinvira is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2010

We had bought 18 tickets as early as Feb23rd 2010 for Apr17th match. Ticket genie processed the whole transactions and even gave us booking confirmations. On 12th april suddenly they sent us a mail stating that our tickets have been invalidated due to some technical snag at their end and that we can either refund the amount or opt for tickets for semifinals by paying the balance. We bought tickets of Rs 500 but the tickets available for Semifinals in ticket genie website are either Rs15000 or Rs 30000. If ticket genie did have a technical snag then:
    1.) why did it take them so long to realize this?
    2.) why have they suddenly become irresponsive and non traceable?
    3.) Any online transaction has a very good and easy mechanism to be controlled. So if there has to be overselling it has to be done purposefully and cannot happen due to loss of logic?
    4.) if only certain groups of bookings are being invalidated then what is their rationale in choosing who gets to have the ticket and who doesn’t.
    5.) in the event of excessive booking, it is their mistake and taking full responsibility they should be accommodating us in some other stand. We did nothing wrong. They were supposed to be the official ticketing partner.

Being a consumer of a well advertised service has led me to suffer a lot due to the misdoings of a certain group of individuals. They are neither ready to own up nor able to give us proper compensation. It is highly traumatic to come at the nth moment and say all the valid bookings you did a month ago are no longer valid. What they have done is highly unethical and also leads to a breach of trust. If the whole match was cancelled and then if the tickets were invalidated then it makes a lot of sense. But this just doesn’t.

Kindly request you to look into this and help us get some justice.

crownarun is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2010

I have been trying to call them at 23611940 continuously since this morning, no response. THIS PROBLEM MIGHT ALSO BE DUE TO SOME TECHNICAL ERROR ((((

Default Unfair and Unethical - Total mismanagement

I am here to highlight the alarming mismanagement of the ticket selling process by your partner ticketgenie. I booked a ticket for the RCB - MI match scheduled on April 17th using iplt20.com on March 7th. Order no: 140418

Today, I got a mail from refund@ticketgenie.in saying that the tickets were oversold and hence they have cancelled my ticket and are offering a refund. Isnt this unfair and unethical? When I got a mail confirmation of my booking earlier, how can it be cancelled just 4 days in advance? My friends have booked tickets to travel from Chennai to view this match. Who would be responsible for the amount lost on the travel ticket spent? Moreover, if tickets were oversold, how can the tickets of someone who booked the ticket 40 days in advance, be cancelled? Shouldnt the people who booked later be responsible for the overbooking?

I consider this a completely unethical practice from your partners. I hope someone takes action in this regard and addresses our concerns.

Ramesh N

Default complain for unethical practice in ticket booking for IPL match by ticketgenie.com

I am here to lodge my complaint on the absurd practice followed by ticketgenie.com which is completely unethical and difficult to understand.I had booked two tickets for the match between RCB and MI on 17th April.They had sent a confirmatory mail to me after that on the same.This ticket was booked well in advance(30 days before the match).
    Now two days before the match they have sent a mail to me that due to technical failure of the website they were not able to book my ticket and will refund my ticket.I fail to understand how come they have come to know about technical failure one month after the day of booking.As things stand now no ticket is available for the match.Had they informed the same to me earlier I would have tried to get the ticket from other outlets.In the 1st place they have not sent the ticket to me even after sending confirmatory mail to me and now they are saying that the ticket will not be sent because of technical failure.This conduct by ticketgenie demands a legal action against them.I hope that some action is taken by you against them.

Best regards
    Sunil

R S Satish Guest

Default Technical error in the ticketing website, it over sold more than the tickets allotted

Even same here , i had booked the tickets on Mar 3 which is more than a month . and on April 13 i got this mail , this is such a bad reputation on ipl . ticket genie official ticketing website of ipl my foot .
    Please let us know wat to do for this . .

Order No: 122994 & 123060

Semi Final Tickets
    If you opt to trade in for Semi Final tickets, you have to visit the E Ticket redemption counter (Gate No.9 of the Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium) on 13th April or 14th April or 18th April and collect the ticket by paying the difference amount. Rs.60/- paid towards courier charges will be adjusted against the ticket amount.

Manager Customer Service

Unhappy Fraudulent Ticketgenie

Like others, I also had booked tickets for the 17th April match between RCB and MI.

1. If there was a technical issue, why was it realised so late?
    2. How were the tickets booked for other matches valid? I had booked for the RCB vs DD match around the same time I booked tickets for RCB vs MI. How is it that the technical issue affected only April 10th and April 17th and not the March 25th match?
    3. Point 2 makes me think that they are selling our tickets in black. One thing I have noticed is that the tickets are cancelled only for people who had opted delivery through courier.

Can someone tell me where to file a complain against these frauds? Are the complaints given here taken care and resolved?

nirajjain31 is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2010

I had booked my ticket for the 17th April match between RCB and MI, on 28th Feb (47 days in advance) from the official IPL ticketing site ticketgenie.com.
    The transaction confirmation number is 81037:240772, 240773, 240774.
    But on 12th April I got a mail from ticketgenie saying:
    "Due to a technical error in the ticketing website, it over sold more than the tickets allotted for online sale, hence we are compelled to refund our valued customers or accommodate them in the coming Semi Final matches."
    They also mention that:
    "The prices for the Semi Finals are slightly higher than the League Matches and request you to bear the difference amount whoever opts for the Semi Final Tickets."
    This is clearly a fraud as we all know that the prices of IPL tickets in the black market are really high and this is what exactly the "official" IPL ticketing site is doing.
    This has happened with a lot of people and the poor consumer is suffering in all the cases. I request you to please take some action against this money minded organization.

Niraj Jain

Default Ticketgenie.in - Highly Unprofessional and Fraud

I had booked two tickets Rs. 5000 each for the IPL 2010 final. I got an email from ticketgenie.in saying the transaction was unsuccessful and that I will get the prompt refund. Countless emails and calls later, I haven't received any refund. Emails and calls are not being returned.

Please help me. I lost Rs. 10,000.

Attached is the text of (only) email i received from them:

Due to some discrepancies in the information provided on your order no: 387474, we regret to inform you that we were unable to finalize your order; consequently, your order has been canceled. Your account will not be charged, or you will receive a prompt refund or credit if due.

To discuss this matter, please contact our Consumer hotline for assistance at +91-80-2361-1940 (office hours: Mon - Sat 10am to 6pm and Sat & Sun 11am to 5pm), using your email id or photo id card numbers as a reference.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

ticketgenie.in Customer Service
    ]

Default Charged with INR9800 for failed transactions

On 6th april's morning I tried to book 6 tickets ( 800 each) for the 3rd place match at DY patil Stadium Mumbai on 24th April via my Citibank credit card.
    I selected the print at home option, however both the times I didn't get a confirmation on these tickets. After entering my credit card details the server error was shown.
    Thinking the transaction got canceled I booked the tickets again, however the transaction was canceled again.
    Immediately I checked with my bank (Citibank) and they confirmed both the times my transaction has been approved. The request numbers are 506699 & 520649.
    I followed it up with ticketgenie and they sent a mail asking me to share the details of the transaction which I did immediately. But after that there has been no response from their side.
    However now on 15th April they claimed the money from Citibank.
    I have been following up with ticket genie regularly on this issue but they are not responding to my query. Their helpline number doesn't work and they are not replyin to my mail.
    Its not a small amount INR 9800 to be precise how can they cheat people like this, also any solution to get my money back? please help.

Default cheated

hi i have booked a final ticket from vodafone m shop.they send me the confirmation sms with refrence number.when i called the customer sevice they say that vodafone have overbooked the tickets and i will not get the ticket.i have been cheated.i called vodafone and they say i have to visit vodafone store for the refund.now i dont know if i will get my money back.its all money making buisness.

shashi.konanur is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2010

Did you get a refund atleast? How did you go forward? I am in a similar situation but with LiveShow of Jagjit Singh.

DeshVenkatesh Guest

Default Ticketgenie error continues

This is 2011, trying to book IPL ticket for RCB matches, with no luck and no clear error messages. How does one reach ticket genie on failed transactions

1. cancellation of tatkal tickets
    By Unregistered in forum Railways
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 05:04 PM
  2. 3 Idiots tickets at PVR Gurgaon
    By citizen7 in forum Cinema
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 12:15 PM
  3. Regarding cancellation of YPR-KORBA e tickets
    By lakshmi reddy in forum Railways
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 07:35 PM