Thread: Reliance Communications

Jan 2010

Default Reliance Communication constantly harassing me for returned phone

I purchased a Reliance Communication mobile phone package
    at the beginning of August 2009, from Web World Express
    P-708 Block-A Lake Town Kolkata 700089, Phone number 033-3297-1877.
    At the time of purchase, I provides the required supporting documents as
    photocopy of my valid PAN card, my recent
    photograph as well as the first page of my SBI savings
    passbook (with my name and address). The total cost was
    INR 1850.00 (Eighteen hundred and fifty).
    Soon after, some Reliance person called me on my BSNL
    landline, and informed me that I need to submit the photocopy
    of my latest bank statement. I updated my SBI passbook
    from my bank branch, made a photocopy of the most upto
    date information, and submitted it, AFTER blackening out
    my account number.
    Once again, the Reliance people phoned me and asked me
    to submit the photocopy of my latest bank statement with
    my account number clearly visible. I refused to do that.
    Soon after that my phone stopped working one evening. I
    went to the dealer again, and was told that I needed to give
    my bank account number - apparently TRAI wants it.
    At that stage I told them that under no circumstances I would
    hand over my account number. I offered to return the phone
    and cancel my account but the dealer refused. So, I left the
    phone at the dealer's place, and asked for a refund - refused
    again. This happened at the end of August 2009.
    For the last few months I have received endless phone calls
    from Reliance asking me to pay the phone bill. I told that I do
    not have the phone, but they ignore it.
    Recently, these people have started sending people over to
    my residence at odd hours of the day, saying that I need to
    pay the bill.
    Please let me know what I need to get out of this mess. I
    can pay the bill provided the dealer returns the 1850.00

D.o.F: 12/8/09
    D.o.O:5/1/2010

IN THE CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL FORUM, KASARAGOD

CC.186/09

Dated this, the 5th day of January 2010.

PRESENT:

(in person)

1. Customer care at Reliance ADA.Com

2. The Nodel Officer,

Reliance Communications Ltd, 3rd floor,

A7P Arcade, S.A.Road Kadavanthra,Cochi-16.

3. N.Vittaldas, Sundar Stores, : Opposite parties

Reliance Communications , Main Bazar,Nileshwar.

4. Reliance Communications,Vengacheri Arcade,

Ground Floor, ,T.B.Road,Kanhangad.

ORDER

SRI.K.T.SIDHIQ : PRESIDENT

In nutshell, the case of the complainant Sri.Sudhakaran is that his wireless landline connection provided by the opposite parties is disconnected alleging that he has not paid the bill for the period 5/6/09 to 4/7/09 amounting to Rs.140/- though he paid the said bill in time.

2. Ist opposite party is represented and one Raj Raj Varma.R, the legal Manager Reliance Communications, filed version contending only the maintainability of the complaint before the Forum in view of Sec.7 (B) of the Telegraph Act 1885. But the facts as stated by the complainant is remained uncontroverted in the version. Though notice were served on other opposite parties they remained absent. Hence the opposite parties 3&4 were set exparte.

3. Complainant filed affidavit in support of his case. Exts.A1 series(6 Nos.) to A3 marked. Complainant heard, documents perused.

4. Now the points for determination are:

1. Whether the complaint is maintainable before the Forum in view of the Arbitration clause contained in Telegraph Act 1885?
    2. Whether there is any deficiency in service on the part of the opposite parties and if so, the reliefs and costs.

5. Point No.1: As per Sec.7 B of the Indian Telegraph Act 1885, the Central Govt. has to appoint an arbitrator to settle the dispute between an individual consumer and a private telecom service provider .We donít think that in this era of liberalization the Central government had any business in the settlement of disputes between a private telecom service provider and an individual consumer and therefore it is clear that the said provision of Telegraph Act is applicable only to the Central Govt. owned telecom service providers.

6. Further the Honíble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal 7687/04 reiterated the legal preposition that the special law will override general law.

The TRAI Act 1997 amended in the year 2000 is a special act enacted to regulate the telecommunication services and it includes the protection of the interests of telecom service providers and consumers. As per Sec.14 of the TRAI Act TDSAT ( Telecom Disputes Settlement Appellate Tribunal) is constituted to adjudicate the dispute between a licensor and licensee, between 2 or more service providers, between a service provider and a group of consumers. The proviso clause of this sections says that nothing in the clause contained in Sec.14 of the Act shall apply in respect of matters relating to the complaint of an individual consumer maintainable before a Consumer Disputes Redressal forum, and Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission established under section 9 of the C.P.Act,1986. Therefore, it is clear that even after the constitution of TDSAT the jurisdiction of the FORA constituted under Sec.9 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986 is not ousted and an individual consumer can file his complaint before the consumer Forum to redress his grievances.

Therefore, we hold that the Consumer Forums have jurisdiction to try individual consumer complaint against the telecom service providers that is maintainable before the FORA.

7. Point.No.2: The grievance of the complainant is that the opposite party has illegally disconnected his land line connection alleging that a bill for Rs.140/- is due from him where as he has paid the said bill. Ext.A1(a) is the receipt dtd.11/7/09 issued for the payment of Rs.140/-. Therefore it is clear that there was no dues from the complainant to the opposite party as alleged and hence the disconnection of the landline telephone connection of the complainant is illegal and it amounts to deficiency in service. No doubt a consumer would suffer much mental agony due to the disconnection of a telephone connection for no fault on his part.

In the result, the complaint is allowed and opposite parties are directed to reconnect the wireless landline connection No.4673204590 provided to the complainant and pay a compensation of Rs.7000/- with a cost of Rs.2000/-. Time for compliance is limited to 30 days from the date of receipt of copy of the order, failing which the compensation of Rs.7000/- will carry interest@ 12/- from the date of complaint till payment.

unregistered Guest

Default Complaints against reliance Netconnect

I got a new relaince net connect data card and it took 3 days for activation. after 12 days they have suspended without informing me. When I visited to reliance web world they told me document verification is negative. After that I have submitted proof again but 6 days hav been completed but reliance netconnect could not activate till now. And I have took 1 month unlimited plan.

From past 6 days I am talking to the customer care people but no response and no support as well.. Relaince net connect is the most horrible broad band service provider in india.

what can I do now as they have already sold their netconnect modem and I will get regular bill as well . what are my rights ?

sushil singh

Debasis Guest

Angry Post paid Telephone connection problem..

Hi There,

I subscribed a Reliance postpaid connection (termed as corporate connection) on Feb 2010 and after one and half months I decided to terminate the connection as the Reliance Network is very poor in the evening and night.I had called up serveral times in the customer care, they suggested me to go to Whitefield office and submit a written application to close the connection(Which is a symptom of very poor customer service).I went there and found the postpaid corporate department has been shifted to some other places (not sure where).It was a complete wastage to time and money.
    On 18th march I have lost my mobile too.I again called up and customer care blocked the outgoing call but they didn't block the card.
    So I am not sure what I have to do now.I am ready to pay the due amount and close the connection.I need someone from reliance post paid connection department to call me and collect the money and close the connection.
    It was really a very bad experience not at all user friendly relationship.

Debasis

Advocate.sonia's Avatar
    Advocate.sonia is offline Senior Member
    Sep 2009

Hello Consumer Court Members,

Always post your complaint with your full contact details, connection details, and the complaint nos. registered with the customer care, In case you don't get satisfactory resolution of your query/complaint at the customer service centre you can get in touch with Nodal officers with your complaint reference number and details of grievance.

Hope this may solve the issue, if still have a question then feel free to contact us again.

Lightbulb Overcharging

I WENT TO RELIANCE MOBILE STORE IN RANI BAGH DELHI-34. I ASKED FOR A DUPLICATE SIM. HE TOOK PHOTOCOPY OF MY ID, HANDED ME THE SIM AND ASKED FOR Rs.100. WHEN I TOLD THEM IT WAS OF Rs.25 AND I ARGUED THE BOSS CAME AND SAID WE ARE OUT OF STOCK , WE HAVE SOLD ALL THE SIM CARDS(HE GAVE ME 1 JUST MOMENTS AGO). HE TOLD ME TO COME BACK DAY AFTER TOMORROW. THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS. I DESPERATELY NEEDED THAT SIM. I HAD TO GO OUT OF TOWN.

I wonder if all reliance mobile stores do it to ignorant customers.

Exclamation Overcharging-2

As i wondered i went to another reliance mobile store this time in rohini sector 3
    and the same thing happened
    they asked for Rs.100

so this proves that this malpractice is prevalent.

MODERATOR,
    CAN ANY ACTION BE TAKEN ????

Angry Overcharging-3

The sim still is not activated??
    what sort of service is this??
    i am running here and there for a sim and when i finally bought it today (rohini sec3 store after much arguments)
    The sim does not get activated
    I even lodged a complaint fearing this would happen 122993921 is the complaint no.
    I bought the sim card at around 5pm today.

PLZ SIR TELL ME WHAT ACTION CAN BE TAKEN???

Eellyreelly is offline Junior Member
    Jun 2010

There are many complaints registered so please see this full details and do take actions......

Sonnu_rock is offline Junior Member
    Nov 2009

Mera naam santosh kr. hai, main ye complain karna chahata hoon ki bihar circle me mere mobile per khud ba khud astrology pack active ho jata to kabhi masti pack active ho jata hai aur mere account se paisa cut liya jata hai.

mera no. hai. 9835452160

balu1785 is offline Junior Member
    Nov 2010

Default complaint about reliance gsm

sir ,

on 14 nov and 17 nov night my full balance (75,173 respectively) was deducted . when i asked details about it customer care .they said their system is not updated call later. i tried 15 times but their was response.plz help

RCOMcare is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by balu1785 View Post

Hi Balu,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your problem is escalated and our team is working on the resolution. We will get back to you shortly. For further assistance email us at rcom.care@relianceada.com.

RCOMcare is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by balu1785 View Post

Hi Balu,

We tried to contact you on the number mentioned by you but were not able to speak with you as the number was switched off. Please write to us at rcom.care@relianceada.com for the assistance required.

tarunvgsom is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2010

Default Talktime not credited on E recharge by Reliance GSM but money was debited

My name is Tarun Agarwal. My reliance GSM prepaid no is 7676012004. I have got a message regarding promotional talk time on 13th Dec (In the message it was mentioned that on recharge of Rs. 251, I will get 301 min talk time + 301 local min free but no validity date was mentioned). I have recharged on 18th Dec with Rs. 251 but not a single min talktime was not credited to my account. When I contacted customer care they told me that offer validity was till 15th Dec only.
    In that case Reliance should credit back Rs 251 to my account but neither they have given me offer nor they have credited back my money.
    On 21st Dec 2010, I went to Reliance Web World and when I talked to their customer care representative from the WebWorld helpdesk no. then he told me that my account had been credited within 48 hr of recharge but its not done till now even after 84 hrs.
    Please look into the matter as soon as possible.

Tarun agarwal
    +91 7676012004
    tarun.mnit@gmail.com

shakeelk191 Guest

Exclamation rim CDMA

sir.. my phone service bocked stop outgoings calls & incoming call

1. fraud by reliance communications
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 11:12 AM
  4. Reliance communications
    By abhijitmaitra in forum Broadband
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 10:01 PM
  5. Complaint against Reliance communications Ltd.
    By Ramesh Khatod. in forum Land Line Phone