Thread: I Paid for samsung galaxy s 2 GTI9100 not GTI9100G

asim danish is offline Junior Member
    Mar 2011

Angry I Paid for samsung galaxy s 2 GTI9100 not GTI9100G

I went to a shopkeeper and asked him if he had a samsung galaxy s2.He said yes.I said then give me one.He gave me the phone box(sealed) and on the box of the phone it says Samsung galaxy s2 GT-I9100.So i told him that i want to buy it.He tore down the seal of the box & booted the phone and then gave it to me.

I took the phone and suddenly after 2 weeks i once re booted the phone and it displayed GT-I9100G(Actually it should display GT-I9100 and not GT-I9100G).Then deep under the phone settings i saw that it said that it was GT-I9100G and not GT-I9100.I recheked the box and there it said GT-I9100 only.

Then i called samsung care and explained them all the stuff and said them too that i wanted to buy GT-I9100(what was actually written on the box of the phone) and not the GT-I9100G(what the phone actually was).After sometime the tech center called me back and said that GT-I9100 and GT-I9100G are one and the same.But actually they are not as follows :-

1.GT-I9100 is powered by 1.2GHz ARM CortexA9 Exynos 4210 while GT-I9100G is powered by Texas Instruments OMAP4430 CPU-The "non g" phone comes with Samsung’s Exynos processor clocked at 1.2 Ghz but the Galaxy S II GT I9100G variant comes with OMAP 4430 SoC whose cpu speed is capped at maximum 1008 Mhz and never really runs on 1.2 Ghz even under heavy load.

2.The S II GT I9100 phone comes with ARM Mali 400 MP GPU to provide graphical acceleration whereas Galaxy S II GT I9100G comes with PowerVR SGX 540 GPU running at 304 Mhz-The isuue is GPU used in I9100G has PowerVR540 TI OMAP 4430, at 300 MHz,which is single core and weak, compared to MALI400MP+.The "non g" supports Anti-Aliasing (4xAA and 16xAA)with Chainfire3D Pro but the G version does not.So the 3D performance is quite low.

3.Developer Support & Update-As i already told earlier that i am a complete techoholic,so i like modding and tweaking my phone and also like latest apps for it.But the fact is that I9100G has a lot less dev support since it was just slipped into the market.The orignal I9100 has a better support community all over since it is extensively known all over the world.

These are the major factors that diffrenciate the two phones.They might not effect common non techie persons,but they effect me a lot.The non techie persons or the common man will not know the difference between the two version.But i am a lot into tech stuffs,so i came to know about the difference.,and it hell lot of matters for me.

I have attached many photos too to support my cause.I also have attached pics of my phones box(which clearly reads GT-I9100),my bill and a screenshot of "about phone".So i hope you people will too support me and help me get my phone exchanged with a GT-I9100 one.

THUS SAMSUNG MOBILE THUGGED ME,FORGED ME AND MADE A FOOL OUT OF ME.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I Paid for samsung galaxy s 2 GTI9100 not GTI9100G-gl-benchmark-i9100g-vs-i9100.jpg   I Paid for samsung galaxy s 2 GTI9100 not GTI9100G-antutu-benchmark-i9100g-vs-i9100.jpg   I Paid for samsung galaxy s 2 GTI9100 not GTI9100G-20120302_153112.jpg   I Paid for samsung galaxy s 2 GTI9100 not GTI9100G-sc20120302-153553.jpg   I Paid for samsung galaxy s 2 GTI9100 not GTI9100G-20120302_152959.jpg

jonnigin is offline Junior Member

Angry

Same thing here.., I think we all should stand hand in hand against this.

They think we customers are fools. And can be made Fool any time with anything.

1. Samsung Galaxy S2 and Poor Service by Samsung
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 03:40 PM
  3. Samsung Galaxy 551 Price
    By Richa_Tech in forum Mobile
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 04:03 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7"
    By satishdutt in forum Mobile Handset