Thread: Airtel post paid to prepaid conversion -l Worst Customer Service

Jyothishkumar is offline Junior Member
    Jun 2012

Default Airtel post paid to prepaid conversion -l Worst Customer Service

I decided to convert two of my postpaid numbers to prepaid.
    When I went to Karamana showroom, they said, they can do only one. For the other number I should go to some other showroom.
    I called airtel customer care and complained this. they said they will give the feed back of it to me. But no response yet.
    Also I said that I have not got any message on my conversion request. They said it will take two morre days.
    After two three days, I called customer care again. This time they said they didnt receive any such request and they will get back to me with in 2 hours.
    Two days went. Still no reply.
    Today morning I called the customer care again. they said they will receive this as a complaint and will process it.

So I decided to PORT the number to another service provider. This time they called me back within one hour and said it all happened because of my fault that I didn't follow it up with Karamana showroom

But still I have to wait for my conversion from post paid to prepaid.

Jyothish

Dear Jyothish,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 09 June 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get intouch with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Rakesh Kumar
    airtel Presence (airtel Customer Service Team)
    bharti airtel limited
    Twitter - Bharti Airtel India (@Airtel_Presence) on Twitter

Facebook - Airtel Presence | Facebook

Dear Jyothish,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 09 June 2012, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Twitter - Bharti Airtel India (@Airtel_Presence) on Twitter
    Facebook - Airtel Presence | Facebook

savithamurthys is offline Junior Member
    Jun 2012

My airtel number is 9902739390.
    This prepaid sim was in my name and I applied for postpaid conversion on my name only. While converting, this number got registered in somebody else’s name. This looks like some mistake on the system side. Please look into it.

I would also like to know why my prepaid SIM was registered in some other name without any NOC from me, while converting to postpaid. And why now, after conversion, I need to get a NOC from some other person to get my own SIM back in my name?

Complaint numbers: 42398930, 43984199.

Angry post paid prepaid convertion

My number 9945214257 has been converted to prepaid last week. As per info provided by CC i should recharge through easy mode and put it in hand set. but i tried this step several tym. but the number is not getting recharged.I contacted CC several times through mail.but they are saying the same words. Is ther any specific amount easy recharge to be done? this is horrible.

Muzamil24 Guest

Default Airtel Postpaid conversion to Prepaid

Dear Team,
    I have been using the airtel postpaid connection of Chennai circle from 4 years from now. During these 4 years the last 10 months i used in roaming as i moved to kolkata from chennai.

i did not want to loose this number, so i thought of changing the connection from Postpaid to prepaid. When contacted customer care, they informed like it can be done only from Chennai as it is chennai connection. I never had a chance to visit Chennai in past 10 months, so i continued to use it as postpaid connection.

Now, i am in chennai for official work and i am trying to get the connection changed from Postpaid to prepaid. But the customer service people are insisting for a local address proof.

I do not understand from where should i get the address proof??? I have left Chennai long back and i am not at all residing here. There was never a day that i delayed payment for my connection and now i am running behind customer service agents for this simple service of connection conversion.

I have all the docs, passport, pan card, driving license.. only thing missing is local address proof. Customer service is supposed to ease the process but here it is getting complicated.

So, is the only option i have to cancel this connection???

Muzamil

Namaste Muzamil,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 02 Dec. 2012 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please share the required details with us at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction

Namaste (9945214257 ),

This is to inform you that your concern listed 17 Oct. 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get intouch with us at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Rakesh Kumar
    airtel Presence (airtel Customer Service Team)
    bharti airtel limited

Namaste (9945214257 ),

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 17 Oct. 2012 has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Namaste Muzamil,

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to Please share the required details with us at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

7893560056 Guest

Default to change prepaid to postpaid

My airtel number is 7893560056.
    This postpaid sim was in my name and i need to convert for prepaid conversion on my name only.

Namaste (7893560056),

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 27 Feb 2013 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com.

Rakesh Kumar
    airtelpresence (airtel customer service team)
    bharti airtel ltd

Namaste (7893560056),

Further to our discussion dated 27 Feb. 2013, your concern is being worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve it and shall keep you updated of the progress.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at airtel: About bharti airtel: Feedback

Namaste (7893560056),

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 27 Feb. 2013, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact airtel customer service at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com.

Deepak Mohod

Question Postpaid to Prepaid conversion

Dear Team,

I have been using the airtel postpaid connection of TN (Coimbatore). I recently relocated to Hyderabad. I would like to convert my postpaid number to prepaid. When I called the customer care and asked for the procedure to convert, they said I have to go to TN to convert, which is highly impossible. So I have sent the documents to Coimbatore to a person I know. And when he went to Airtel showroom, they seem to be asking for local address proof, which I obviously will not have now!

I don't seem to understand why a local address proof is required to convert to prepaid!

Please suggest what can be done. Or else I would be left with no other option than disconnect!

Muzamil

1. Tata Photon Post Paid to Prepaid Conversion
    By smoolc in forum Broadband
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 01:05 PM
  2. Small query in Vodafone Post paid to prepaid conversion
    By sandeep8088 in forum Mobile Services
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 09:54 AM
  3. conversion of post paid to prepaid vodafone india(AP)
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 05:55 PM