Thread: Mobile Number Portability - From Vodafone to Airtel

venkatraman Guest

Default Mobile Number Portability - From Vodafone to Airtel

Name:  mnp.jpg
    I have applied the MNP to Port in to the Airtel from Vodafone and it's been already 23 days.

I have gone to Airtel Showroom 3 times, Vodafone for 6 times, called the customer service for countless times and finally approached the e mail.

This is what I got the response from Vodafone office (below Mail) . I don't know whom to blame and still i don't know the status on my MNP or should I need to apply new request for this.

I was not answered by the Airtel outlet center as they don't know how to track the status.

My Info details:

Mobile Number: 9962502102 (Current Service Provider- Vodafone)

Port in Request - Vodafone to Airtel Applied on Jan 27, 2011 in Airtel silverline network in Ascendas.

Port Code: VT125576

Response from Vodafone:

Dear Mr. Venkat,

We value your relationship with us and understand that you might have your reasons for leaving us.

In response to your email dated 18/02/11 requesting to port-out of Vodafone, we understand that our Nodal relationship officer Mr. Abdul had explained the scenario in detail.

Do note that the porting code is valid for only 15 days from the date of generation.

Sir, we kindly request you to initiate a new porting code to complete the port out process from Vodafone and port in to the mobile provider of your choice.

Please find our docket number 141059808 for further reference.

In case you need further assistance, please do call or email us. We will do our best to help you.

Happy to help,

Ajitha Raj
    Nodal Officer
    Contact numbers
    Vodafone Care: 111 or +91- 9884098840
    For complaints/requests: 198 (toll free)
    Nodal Officer : +91- 9884098844 (Available between 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday)
    Fax number : +91- 9884012345

Venkatraman B.

Hi Venkatraman,

Please initiate a new porting code to complete the port out process from Vodafone and port in to the mobile provider of your choice. Kindly note that the port out sms to be sent is port to 1900.

Vodafone Customer Care, Chennai.

Dear Venkatraman ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 20 Feb. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Rakesh Kumar

Dear Venkatraman B ,

This is to inform that your concern listed on 20 Feb. 2011 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Dear Venkatraman B. ,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 20 Feb. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com.

venkatatcts Guest

Default Airtel & Vodafone - Regarding MNP issue

I have applied for mobile number portability to port out from Vodafone to Airtel on Jan 27 by sending a message to 1900 to get a UPC code.

Following this I went to Airtel showroom in Ascendas IT park Adyar and submitted the documents and I was told that after seven days it will be ported out to Vodafone from Airtel. It did't happen and I was thrashed by both Airtel and Vodafone (Went thrice to Vodafone showroom in Velachery but did't get any proper answer) telling the problem is not from their side. Finally the validity of the UPC got expired.

After escalating to nodal officers of both Airtel and Vodafone. One of the corporate officer asked me to apply the MNP with new UPC code in Saidapet I did that. Nothing has happened more than frustration and my mental energy was wasted so much into it.

Biggest comedy of all is that if we call the customer executive for more than three times for the same reason they will disconnect the call when you try for Customer service next time in Vodafone. It happened to me and it took 20 days to resolve the problem.

And now it's time to generate the UPC code third time after getting to know that it has been rejected due to some technical problem in the distribution side and reason for this from one of the Airtel officer from Saidapet 'Those who have applied on Feb 15 got rejected for no reason :-) :-). He also informed that you can complaint to anyone'

On March 29, got a call from Airtel officer requesting me to apply again and he will take full responsibility of port out this time without any problem. After getting some faith so promised speech went to Ascendas again with new UPC code and applied it for the third time. After seven days when I called them got to know that my port out was rejected from distributor side and I was asked to talk to Vodafone customer service. Vodafone Customer service told me that it was rejected because of MNP offer is in active state (But actually was not given to me).

I don't what the hell they are doing there to find this simple problem from Feb 12 till April 8 2011. For the fourth time I have applied now and seven days got passed away still i am not ported out to Airtel.

No body was able to give the proper status. Only status they gave to wait for seven days which is not but rejection.

Whom should I Blame? Is there any responsible person working for Airtel or Vodafone please reach me and help me out.

My Mobile Number: 9962502102

I am sure I will get a call but not sure they can resolve this problem...............

Venkatraman B

Default Bad response from Airtel

I have applied for mobile number portability to port out from Vodafone to Airtel on 9th April 2011by sending a message to 1900 to get a UPC code after i got a call from Airtel office Faridabad(Haryana). One of the field boy from faridabd office by the name of Mr. Niraj collected all the documents on 9th April and I have not got any response till date from them after they collected the documents. I kept on following with Mr. Manoj in Faridabad office every time he says that he will call me up to update about the number portability but he never give a call. I have called him near about 100 times and now the response is that the numbers of Mr. Manoj are switched off as well as the office numbers are also switched off for last 3,4 days.

In this case i will request airtel to take a strict action on this issue or else i will launch FIR on the name of this guys as well as Airtel for making a fake commitment and harassing the customers as well as collecting the documents and using for wrong purposes.

Ritu Patial
    9811196082
    UPC-VD 287331

mundhra chemicals Guest

Default Serious Complaint regarding Airtel

I am trying to port my 16 corporate connections from Airtel to Vodafone from last more than 3 months and everytime Airtel reject my request of porting. I am very disturbe due to this obligation. I have fulfill all the requirement of Airtel like no outstanding, no any contract etc. but airtel could not give approval and every time they raise some problem. I am very upset regarding the same.

Please give any suggestion if you have...

Please revert if possible for you.

Vikas G.
    Mundhra Chemicals pvt. ltd.
    Delhi
    +91 9958647222

Dear Vikas ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 04 May 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Rakesh Kumar
    airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

SaravananV is offline Junior Member
    May 2011

Default Vodaphone to Airtel. Number not working

I am porting my pre-paid Vodaphone number 9962232722 to Airtel. It's been a horrible experience so far.

Summary: Airtel says porting is over and number is active, but I am not receiving or able to make calls.

Details:
    After submitting all required papers, On May 6th we get an SMS from Airtel saying that the requested service has been activated.
    Airtel call center asks me to call 123 to activate. But call fails after 1 minute.
    Airtel call center asks me to charge phone with Rs. 12.
    Local store not able to activate with Rs. 12, but does so with Rs. 22
    I get an SMS saying something like 'Recharge successful, Talktime 0. TransID 194784104'
    Later on I find out that Rs. 22 was a rate cutter charge for a phone that's not even activated yet.
    Once again, Airtel call center asks to recharge with Rs. 48. I begin to suspect money going down the drain and walk into Airtel office.
    Airtel office says Rs. 48 is only for new connections.
    Airtel office calls call center. Call center guy says 'documentation not complete'. Airtel office thinks the guy on the other side is a clown and hangs up.
    Airtel office sends an email to online support. Support asks to dial 123.
    I am back to square one, where 123 call fails before I can choose options 3,1,0 for English. Even if I was successful, I am not sure if that'll go anywhere.

Now I am frustrated to the core. calling it a 'horrible experience' is actually an understatement. Can someone help? It's been 4 days and I can't get my phone to work. I use an iphone, hope it doesn't matter.

Dear Vikas G.,

This is to inform that your concern listed on 4 May 2011 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

jebakkani Guest

Red face Change to airtel

Now i am in vodofone. But i want to change to airel. Because vodofone was not satisfied

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for writing in to us and for the time on our call, trust your concern has been resolved. For any assistance in future, please email us at vodafonecare.del@vodafone.com, we're happy to help!

Vodafone Customer Care, Delhi & NCR

Default Portability

I ported my no from airtel to vodafone befor 3months. But now i am not willing to stay in vodafone.Can i port back my no. to airtel. If yes tell me the process

Default Happy to Help

Hello Sir/Madam,

We sincerely regret the inconvenience faced by you with one of our services / products. We would like to get in touch with you on this. Please share your details at Vodafone India - Complaints - Requests - Enquires and we'd be happy to help.

Vodafone Customer Care