Thread: MNP Complaint

adityakumarcom Guest

Default MNP Complaint

I requested MNP from my vodafone postpaid to Airtel on 27-01-11 and got unique porting number VW114756
    Today I got an update from Vodafone that my request dated 29 Jan 11 is rejected due to number or range is in contractual obligation.
    I have a postpaid and I dont know what obligation I have.
    My mobile mumber is under my name and no body other than me is assoicated with my number.
    I always paid my bills before time.
    I am not doing any out box thing for which my MNP request is getting rejected.
    As MNP is happening in same circle i.e. DEHRADUN
    From other consumer complaints seems that Vodafone is using same trick to reject MNP request for postpaid and prepaid connections.
    Kindly let me know why my request was rejected
    If MNP is rejected by Vodafone what will be further course of action.
    Do you need to raise complaint with TRAI. And what is process for that.

ADITYA KUMAR

Dear ADITYA ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 03 Feb . 2011 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please do write to us at airtelpresence@airtel.in with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

Dear ADITYA KUMAR,

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to please drop us an email at airtelpresence@airtel.in and we will be happy to be of assistance.

gaurav mann Guest

Default calling problem after mnp

My name is gaurav mann .
    Ph. No. : 9015915415
    Place : new delhi
    I switched from reliance to Vodafone recently(a week).
    The problem is ………the reliance users who wish to contact me are not able to do so …………….
    Reliance operator says…………….”this number is currently switched off ”………………..
    While u call from any other operator ……………..there is no such problem ……………

Please …..i would request the responsible service provider to take suitable action…………
    ASAP………….
    Thank you.

Dear Gaurav ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 14 Feb. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

vckanandvpp Guest

Question Rejection of Mnp by Airtel

I am Karthikanand.C from a small Town Kodumudi in Erode District in Tamilnadu. I had applied to the Number portablity(my number : 09944122161) on 27th of January and till now airtel is not releasing my number.

When calling to airtel customer care they intensionally rejects my call.

I got a message that "your mnp request has been rejected due to requesting for porting within new connection threshold".But this is not a reason due to I am having this connection before 5 years back and to retain customer airtel is giving this blamming reason.

I lacks many of my busniess contacts due to airtel on poor service in Tamilnadu.

So please make take action to make my number conversion as soon as possible.

(Note: All functionality(Recharges,VAS,Customer care calling) on my number get blocked )

Karthikanand.C

Dear Karthikanand,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 16 Feb. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear gaurav mann,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 14 Feb. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@airtelindia.com.

Dear Karthikanand.C ,

This is to inform that your concern listed on 16 Feb. 2011 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Dear Karthikanand.C ,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 16 Feb. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@airtelindia.com.

jaiprakashkadian Guest

Default loop mobile complaint

I am JAIPRAKASH KADIAN Mobile number 9821665607 prepai connection service provider LOOP MOBILE in MUMBAI circle.
    I requested MNP from my LOOP MOBILE and send SMS to 1900 I got Unique Porting Code LM178995.
    Then I approched to Airtel Mumbai circle prepaid on 17-02-11 and follows all formalities
    Today I got SMS from number 50911 & 1901 that my request rejected by Donor due to force majeure.
    The mobile number is under my name and I am holding this number app. 5 years with LOOP MOBILES.
    So please take action to make my number conversion as soon as possible.
    Thanking you in anticipat
    Regard
    JAIPRAKASH KADIAN

Dear JAIPRAKASH ,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 23 Feb. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

ravibgp is offline Junior Member
    Feb 2011

I requested MNP from my smart prepaid to vodafone on 22-02-11 and got unique porting number EB147387
    I got an update from Vodafone that my request dated 26 Feb 11 is rejected due to There are subsisting contractual obligation from the Subscriber agreement.
    I have a prepaid and I dont know what obligation I have.
    I am not doing any out box thing for which my MNP request is getting rejected.
    As MNP is happening in same circle i.e. Bhagalpur
    From other consumer complaints seems that Smart is using same trick to reject MNP request for postpaid and prepaid connections.
    Kindly let me know why my request was rejected
    If MNP is rejected by Vodafone what will be further course of action.
    Do you need to raise complaint with TRAI. And what is process for that.

Dear JAIPRAKASH KADIAN ,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 23 Feb. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com.

Default MNP Port Out Rrejected by VODAFONE

This is Deepak Gupta, a Vodafone customer (9920101916), MUMBAI, since last many years, have applied for a mobile number port out from Vodafone on 11th Feb. I am mentioning the responses and reaction of vodafone below:

11th Feb: Requested Port out from Vodafone to Aircel with the UPN: VM162821
    11th Feb: Received a message from Vodafone saying your request has been rejected due to contractual obligation
    12th Feb: Visited to Vodafone Store to know the reason and how to clear that obligation
    12th Feb: Vodafone customer care executive told me to convert my post paid plan to CUG to Individual plan and assured me that it will be done in 3 working days. I had submitted all the necessary documents to convert my CUG plan to an Individual plan.
    13th Feb: Vodafone bared my outgoing calls to vodafone customer care so could not able to contact them.
    13th to 21st Feb: After so many try and follow up, finally I managed to speak to one of the customer care exe and got to know that my request of plan change had not been even placed on the system. I have been told that CCE is placing a request now and misguided me saying it needs a billing cycle to convert any of the post paid plan. He then assured me that it will be done in 3 days after facing my temperament.
    24th Feb: My vodafone CUG post paid plan converted to an Individual plan.
    24th Feb: I communicated to Aircel to send request again to Vodafone for port in.
    25th Feb: Vodafone again rejected with the same contractual obligation reason.
    26th Feb: I banged on Vodafone CCE and asked the reason for rejecting port out request 2nd time without any genuine reason. CCE told me that some services are activated on my no like itemized bills and voice calls services even though I had never received any itemized copy of my vodafone bills and never used or activated voice mail facility on my no.
    26th Feb: I had deactivated all the services from my no. and called up Vodafone CCE whether any more obligations are stopping them to port out my no. The CCE has come up with a new obligation saying there is a subscriber agreement (I really dont understand what is it???) will be the reason for rejection. I asked them to send that agreement copy so I could understand that how it is stopping vodafone to port out my no. Then the man said "its okey sir, now there is no need to visit agian to vodafone store for this. u send a MNP request again and it will be ported out smoothly"
    28th Feb: the services got deactivated from my vodafone no. and I had sent port out request again with UPN:VM193777
    1st Mar: My porting request was rejected ONCE AGAIN.
    2nd Mar: I visited to the Vodafone Store and asked them to release my no for port out but again i was listening the same stories like there are some services activated. The vodafone ppl said that they even dont know what are all the services activated and were trying to convince me.
    I had removed the SIM from my mobile and thrown away at their desk. Got a new connection from Aircel.

I was really fed up with the process of MNP. Its not the only story with Vodafone but all the operators are playing the same game. None of them are releasing their consumers to take the benefits of MNP. These all stories are well known to TRAI, TERM and DOT but some serious action must be taken or this MNP service need to be revoked by the government.