Thread: Activated ISD facility without customer consent

Somnath Gadhave Guest

Post Activated ISD facility without customer consent

Dear Sir / Madam,
    I am using IDEA postpaid service (9881065101) from more than 3 years and till date I was satisfied.
    After getting This months bill from Idea I came to know that they activated ISD service without my consent & added Rs 600 in a bill for 2 calls (2.3 mins 2 calls)

When I searched that number on internet, I found many people cheated by this number (43820893603). Then I realise, I also got some missed calls from this number. As a answer I dialed back & got Rs 100 /min chrges in my bill.

When I called Idea customer care & told about this, they are saying its not our problem. You called this number so have to pay. But main thing is if they not activated ISD service without my consent this would not happen. As a human tedency we normaly dialing back for miss calls we receive to make sure there is any known person want to talk.

Requesting honorable Consumer Court order Idea to stop activation of services on their own and charging consumers. I want Idea to recalculate my bill without these ISD calls so I can pay my bill.

P.S. - After understanding this issue, I terminated immidiatly ISD facility of my mobile on inernet.

ideacellular is offline Senior Member
    Nov 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Somnath Gadhave View Post
    Dear Sir / Madam,

We wish to inform you that the ISD facility was active for your mobile number from 11th October 2008. We also wish to inform you that the ISD calls have been initiated from your mobile number hence the charges levied towards the same will be payable. Further we request you not to respond to such missed calls which are mostly ISD numbers.

Idea Cellular

n16
    n16 is offline Junior Member

Angry Activated College Funda weekly without consent

My Number is 9922325694, I am a prepaid customer of Idea. Today I received a SMS that 'College Funda weekly is activated'. I never activated this facility. Rs 10 has been deducted from my prepaid amount. I enquired the customer care they said I had called from my mobile outgoing at 18 Jan 2012 Time : 15:29:47 IST. However when I checked my mobile outgoing calls there is no call at this time nor any outgoing call from my mobile. No one uses my mobile apart from me. Then without records how can a call be done from my mobile.I also have the photo of my mobile records as a proof.

Rs 10 may be a small amount however this is not happening for the first time with me. I am going to sue the Idea company to court as I have seen this many times facilities are activated without consent of customer and charges are deducted which is illegal. This is done for mass, I myself is a victim four times.

I never received any ISD call as well by picking which automatically my service got activated.

My relative is a President for consumer forum for Maharashtra state and I will sue Idea for this illegal act.

Thanks!
    Last edited by n16; 01-18-2012 at 10:08 PM.

9343355898 Guest

Default ISD Activate

Dear Team,

Mb no : 9343355898
    so i have applied for duplicate sim on 02.08.2014, before in my mb no : 9343355898 ISD and conference is active, but after i applied again for SIM same no. ISD Was deactivated, So Past one week i am calling your customer care people they are not giving proper response and also i am visitig drirectly your richmond town branch but no use. Finally i am asking your team to activate ISD or else i will port to other service provided with immediate effect.

Sajeev G