This is a discussion on Conversion of connection from postpaid to prepaid No.9815773467. within the Mobile Services forums, part of the Mobile category; Dear Sir, I am working in Bharat Electronics Limited as Senior Deputy General Manager (Finance). Till 28/08/2009 I was working ...
I am working in Bharat Electronics Limited as Senior Deputy General Manager (Finance). Till 28/08/2009 I was working at Panchkula (Near Chandigarh) unit of the Company. I was provided with an Airtel corporate connection no. 9815773467 by the Company. Consequent upon my transfer from Panchkula unit to Bangalore on 28/08/2009 I was relieved from the Panchkula unit and I decided to retain the airtel connection with me. Based on my request, the company issued 'no objection certificate' to me on 28/08/2009.
I approached M/s Tele Deals SCO 846 NAC Manimajra Chandigarh (which is Airtel Centre in Manimajra) and deposited Rs. 800 towards outstanding amount and Rs.99 towards conversion of connection from postpaid to prepaid. As required by M/s Tele Deals, copies of two photographs, address proof, ID proof and subscription forms were deposited there.
After coming to Bangalore I have taken new airtel connection no.9980991650. Sim of connection no.9815773467 was kept with me, to be used after going back to Panchkula.
Suddenly, in the first week of February 2010, I got a call from Bharat Electronics Limited Panchkula that airtel is sending bills for connection no. 9815773467 at Panchkula and this connection has not been converted in my name till now.
After that I have been continuously doing interaction with airtel officials starting from 09/02/2010 onwards on toll free number and on mail but no action has been taken till date. I have approached nodal officer and appellate authority also but in vain.
It may be noted that airtel has not replied my all mails and closed my complaint without any feedback to me. Nodal officer has asked for dues clearance of Rs.4462 and further mails decided not to reply. Appellate authority has not even acknowledged the mails.
In the meantime the sim of connection no. 9815773467 has been misplaced and I have been requesting for disconnection the connection temporarily till new sim is issued.
Following issues needs attention:
1. I have deposited all relevant papers with Airtel Office on 29/08/2009 then why conversion has not taken place at that time from prepaid to postpaid.
2. I have cleared all dues as on 29/08/2009. Airtel is continuously sending the bills even after clearance of dues. Now for the period after 29/08/2009 outstanding amount of Rs.4462.
3. Outstanding amount is pending for the bills raised by Airtel office due to negligence of Airtel officials which I am not responsible to pay.
4. Why action is not taken against the defaulters so that this type of harassment is not there to any one in future.
5. I have mention in my mail that the sim is misplaced.
6. Scanned copies of airtel receipts and NoC were also forwarded to Airtel as documentary evidence for clearance of all dues on 29./08/2009.
7. In management philosophy, heirarchy is created so that next higher official is able to assess the case fully and take appropriate action. However, I am getting a feeling that heirarchy is not going based on facts of the case but it is working based on feedback from subordicates.
8. Compensation for loss my time and image because of undue harassment by Airtel official.
Your help is requested to solve the issue and take appropriate action against the defaulter so that in future customers are not harassed by the dealers/ Airtel relationship centres.
Any reply to me may be given to me on my mail ID or my Bangalore mobile no. 09980991650.
Further please let me know procedure for lodging complaint with consumer court and TRAI.
with warm regards,
Rakesh Kumar Goyal
Sr. Deputy General Manager (Finance)
Bharat Electronics Limited
(A Govt of India Enterprise)
Nagavara, Bangalore 560045
Mail ID email@example.com