Thread: Caller tune activated by airtel without subscribing it

sandy81 is offline Junior Member
    Jan 2010

Thumbs down Caller tune activated by airtel without subscribing it

RESPECTED SIR,

I'M HAVING A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH " AIRTEL" IN KOLKATA. MY CELL PHONE NO: 98317-17714 IS IN OPERATION FROM LAST 4 YEARS WITH LIFETIME VALIDITY.

SIR, WHEN EVER MY BALANCE IS MORE THAN RS 30-35/- , THE COMAPNY AUTOMATICALLY SUBSCRIBE MY NUMBER FOR CALLER TUNE AND DEDUCT MY BALANCE. WHEN I CALL THE CUSTOMER CARE AND ASK THEM ABOUT THE ISSUE, THEY SIMPLY BLAME US ( THE SUBSCRIBER) FOR MAKING THE MISTAKE FROM OUR SIDE.....

SIR, WE ARE EDUCATED PEOPLE AND KNOW HOW TO OPERATE A CELL PHONE..... SO HOW CAN THESE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXECUTIVES BLAMES US.....

AND THIS PROBLEM IS NOT HAPPENS FOR 1st TIME, I HV BEEN SUFFERING THIS PROB VERY OFTEN, WHICH FORCES ME TO LODGE A COMPLAIN IN CONSUMER FORUM...

CALLER TUNE IS AN ADD-ON SERVICE AND ANY CELL PHONE HOLDER IS NOT FORCED TO SUBSCRIBE THIS SERVICE..... LIKE ME, MANY OTHER PEOPLE HAD BEEN SUFFERING FROM THIS FORCEFULL SUBSCRIPTION AND LOSING THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY WITHOUT THEIR FAULTS.

As you mentioned that the Customer Care people are not helping you then forward your complaint to the below mentioned address:
    nodalofficer.wb@airtel.in

G.P.Tronics Building,
    Y 17, Block EP,
    Sector 5, Salt Lake,
    Kolkata - 700 091,
    West Bengal

Hope this may help you.
    Admin,

** PMs asking me for support will be deleted unless I've asked you to PM me with additional details **

Nov 2009

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Vinay chugh

Nov 2009

I would like to inform you that your concern listed on 12th January, 2010 has been resolved.

Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@airtel.in

Manoj Srivastava

k_mitra100 is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2010

Default Hello tune activated by Airtel forcefully.

Hi All,

I also have same experience today. My wife has a Airtel Prepaid connection (no 9163498193) on which hallo tune have got activated automatically. We have contacted customer care and they are strongly denying the fact and saying that we have opted for this facility. The guy have told me
    this is activated 5 days before, now you are complaining about this and asking for refund?
    Since it is hallo tune and I have not rang up this number for last five days and therefore it was not identified. But the customer care person have simply ignored my request for refund although he have deactivated the service on my request.

Sir I would like to request you to look into this matter and some strong action should be taken against these mobile service provider. The same problem is being faced by a lot of people and we all can be benefited if some strong action can be taken against them.

Airtel mobile no. 9163498193
    Service Request no. 0713130325

Kaushik Mitra.
    Mobile: 9836715285
    Last edited by k_mitra100; 07-13-2010 at 10:35 PM.

adv.richa is offline Moderator

Airtel mobile no. 9163498193
    Service Request no. 0713130325

Kaushik Mitra.
    Mobile: 9836715285
    As you mentioned that the customer care people are not helping you,So we suggest you to contact to the Airtel Nodal Officer via email or registered post, mention all the details in it and ask them for the proper solution with in the mentioned time in the notice, wait for their response and revert us back.
    Note: Keep all the copy of Complaint, Notice and the registered post slip, this may help you if you need to knock the consumer forum.
    Visit: Address to know the nodal officer details.
    For notice reference Visit: Notice before filing consumer complaint

Hope this may solve your problem.
    Still have a question feel free to contact us again.

Default Caller tune activated by airtel without subscribing it

This is ongoing problem....mine is life time validity Prepaid (9980610173).....i have been charged atleast 4 times Rs 45/- of which I have been refunded Rs45/- once.
    Airtel automatically activates Hello tune and deducts said amount. And it is pain to have this stopped again and again. I have submitted written request, sent mails and have also got apology email for inconvenience caused but the same keeps happening again and again and Airtel has become painful service provider.

Nov 2009

This is to inform you that your concern listed 9 Sep 2010 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Post Caller tune activated by Airtel (Karnataka) without subscribing it

This is ongoing problem with Airtel (Karnataka). My wife has an Airtel Prepaid connection with life time validity. Yesterday, hello tune has activated automatically and Rs.40 deducted from the account (second time). We have contacted customer care and they are saying that we have opted for this facility. Later, requested for a proof and finally, they reimbursed the amount.

The same problem is being faced by many people and request to action against Airtel (Karnataka).

Nov 2009

Dear Customer, (Caller tune activated by Airtel )

This is to inform you that your concern listed 12 Nov 2010 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please do write to us at airtelpresence@airtel.in with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

Nov 2009

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to please drop us an email at airtelpresence@airtel.in and we will be happy to be of assistance.

Rakesh Ranga

Default Hello Tunes automatically activated

Today, Airtel automatically activated Hello Tunes on my mobile (No.: 9892273548) without me subscribing for it. Deductions have also been made to my prepaid account. I immediately got the service deactivated but there is no intimation of whether I would get any refund. All this happened in a span of 1 hour. This has been a recurring problem and it is very difficult to deal with such problems so often since the Customer Care representatives are not cooperative. I also get regular calls for activating such services. Even when I tell them that I am not interested in activating any service, they go ahead and activate some service after 3-4 days. Kindly help me in getting this resolved.

Srividya

Dear Srividya,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 17 June 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Rakesh Kumar
    Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
    Bharti Airtel Ltd
    airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Twitter - Bharti Airtel India (Airtel_Presence) on Twitter
    Facebook - Airtel Presence | Facebook

Dear Srividya,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 17 June 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@in.airtel.com

Rakesh Ranga
    Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
    Bharti Airtel Ltd
    airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Twitter - Bharti Airtel India (Airtel_Presence) on Twitter
    Facebook - Airtel Presence | Facebook

Default Complaint about caller tune subcription

]RESPECTED SIR,

BEING A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY.....SIR, I EXPECT A SOONER AND STRONG ACTIONS WOULD BE TAKEN FROM THE FORUM TO STOP THIS KIND OF CONSPIRACY & HARRESSMENTS BEING MADE BY CELL PHONE SERVICE PROVIDERS.[/QUOTE]

1. Aircel caller tune