Thread: Airtel ISD call rates

sugkho is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2009

Angry Airtel ISD call rates

Name:  Airtel-ISD.jpg
    I am a prepaid mobile customer of Airtel (9871031897, from Gurgaon).

As per Airtel website, there are some ISD recharges that come with specific call rates to the USA. I recharged with Rs.2200 on 10th November 2009, which, as per the website, offers a talktime value of Rs.1994, and USA call rate of Rs.1.99/min.

I received the correct talktime amount. However, all my USA calls are being billed at Rs.6.99/min (which is the call rate without an ISD recharge). Even after numerous calls (first on 10th Nov) and emails (first on 12th Nov) to customer support, they insist that I am being charged “the correct tariff”.

There is no “conditions apply” disclaimer on the webpage that offers ISD recharges and indicates call rates. I am clearly NOT being charged the correct tariff.

Because the issue was not resolved by CC, I mailed the Nodal Officer on 23rd Nov. The return acknowledgment mail stated that the issue will be resolved in 1 week i.e. by 4th December. Till today, I have only received the same mail (acknowledgment mail), cut and pasted and resent from different IDs. No resolution even from Nodal Officer.

I have lost a large amount of money already. I recharged with such a large amount (Rs.2200) believing that I will get the benefit of much lower call rates.

Please help. The first complaint number I got from CC is 121120091366. The complaint number I got from Nodal Officer is 231120099922.
    Last edited by sugkho; 12-04-2009 at 10:52 AM.

sugkho is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2009

Further to this, I have also e-mailed the Airtel Delhi Appellate Officer today (7th Dec), informing them that the nodal officer has not bothered to reply to my mail.

Airtel has absolutely no ethics when it comes to customer care. Even after tens of emails, no one has even replied ONCE, forget about resolution. In the meantime, I continue shelling out Rs.6.99/min for all my ISD calls.

Nov 2009

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our Team is working on a resulation. At the outset we apologies for the inconvienence faced by you.
    we will get in touch with you for further details of you concern as the need arises.

Pankaj Kumar
    Airtel customer service Team.

Default please sir nepal country call retes

Quote Originally Posted by sugkho View Post
    Further to this, I have also e-mailed the Airtel Delhi Appellate Officer today (05 mar 10), informing them that the nodal officer has not bothered to reply to my mail.

for nepal country

Default Airtell cheating with offers

I am a new airtell customer..i got a msg offering that if i recharge for Rs95 i will get Rs285 std talk time..only to find out that they are charging 1.50 for one minute where usually they charge just 50p/min. Why they cant be straightforward instead of cheating their customers

Nov 2009

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please do write to us at airtelpresence@airtel.in with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

Rakesh Kumar
    Airtel Customer Service Team

Default ISD rates for USA

HI can you please let me know the best prepaid plan to call to USA?

Nov 2009

Dear Customer ( ISD rates for USA )

This is to inform you that your concern listed 31 Jan. 2011 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please do write to us at airtelpresence@airtel.in with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

Rakesh Kumar

Facebook - Airtel Presence - Company - Founded: 7 July 1995 | Facebook

Madhukar Tope Guest

Default about isd call rates

i was told that charge with 550 Rs will get 524.34 talk time your call rates to rusia will be 3 paisa per sec . i got talk time as it was told but call charge was 16 paise per sec .my complain was never considered pl. help me. no 09096575112.

Dear Customer ( ISD rates for USA ),

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to please drop us an email at airtelpresence@airtel.in and we will be happy to be of assistance.

Dear Madhukar Tope,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 5 Feb. 2011 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Dear Madhukar Tope,

This is to inform that your concern listed on 5 Feb. 2011 is been worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve your concern. We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Dear Madhukar Tope,

I would like to inform you that your concern listed 5 Feb. 2011, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at 121 or write to 121@airtelindia.com

Unhappy Airtel ISD call rate cheating

I was charged 10 rs per call fro india to srilanka.No service provider is providing services promptly,Everyone cheats.

susheelmalik Guest

Exclamation Isd rates charged but no benefit given

DEAR SIR,
    AIRTEL HAS SCHEME IN WHICH AFTER PAYING RS. 57/- CALL RATE FOR US/CANADA WILL BE RS. .01PPER SEC. FOR 12000 SEC.
    WE HAD GOT IT REFILLED IN MONTH OF APRIL 2011. WE HAVE GOT RECHARGE SAME PLAN WITHIN THE MONTH TO CONTINUE SCHEME ON 05-05-2011 UNDER TRANS ID 17890158 FROM AIRTEL OUTLET, AND ON SAME DAY, WE HAVE MADE THE CALL TO CANADA FOR 39 MINUTES AND AIRTEL CHARGE @ RS. 9. PER MINUTE INSTEAD OF .01 P PER SEC. WE HAVE REPORTED THE MATTER TO AIRTEL UNDER ABOVE REFERENCE. AND THEY TOLD US YOU CANNOT RECHARGE WITHIN MONTH AND NO REFUND WILL BE ENTERTAINED NOR BENEFIT OF RATES WILL BE GIVEN.
    WE WANT TO OBJECT ON BASIS OF FOLLOWING FACTS AND REQUEST YOU TO HELP US.
    1. WHY AT THE TIME OF RECHARGE FROM AIRTEL OUTLET , THEY HAVE NOT INFORMED US ABOUT THIS SCHEME.
    2. WHY THERE IS NO MEAN BY WHICH CUSTOMER IS ABLE TO KNOW WHAT THE BALANCE OF CONCESSIONAL ISD CALL.
    3. WHY COMPANY DONOT GIVE EVERY DETAIL OF SCHEME TO CUSTOMER.
    4. WHY THEY WILL EAT AWAY ENTIRE MOUNT OF RECHARGE rS. 57/- WILL NOT GIVE ANY REFUND.
    IN THIS WAY BY GIVING INCOMPLETE INFORMATION THAY ARE TRAPPING CUSTOMER. KINDLY MAKE IT PUBLICE , LET PEOPLE BE AWARE OF THESE MISLEADING TRAPPING SCHEME. AND MAKE AIRTEL TO GIVE OF CONCESSIONAL RATE AS THEY HAVE RECHARGE, HENCE INCREASE OUR BALANCE.

1. Airtel call center