Thread: Vodafone postpaid to prepaid conversion request rejected what to do next ?

siddumamilla is offline Junior Member
    Oct 2009

Question Vodafone postpaid to prepaid conversion request rejected what to do next ?

Name:  vodafone.in.jpg

Sir, I am using vodafone postpaid mobile since last 18 months. Since last two months i am requesting the vodaforecare staff convert my mobile service from postpaid to prepaid, but they are not hearing us and saying there is no such option to me. I have also made a complaint to the Nodal Officer. His reply has not come sofar. Pl. help me in this reagard what to do next ? Inform whether is there any mandatory rule/provision was fixed by TRAI, to the network companies to change the customers from postpaid to prepaid and vice-versa at the request of customers ? Pl. inform how to made a complaint, against vodafone, with TRAI ? is there any TRAI mail id/mobile number to receive such complaints ? I hope early reply in this matter.

Default Vodafone post paid to prepaid

Vodafone processes requests for migration of post paid to pre paid, But it is tricky process.
    The call center agents and the people at vodafone store would say they can not convert from post paid to pre-paid.
    I raised a complaint to Nodal Officer e-mail id.
    [Got it from Contact us page on vodafone website].

The nodal officer sent an e-mail saying that they can process the migration from post paid to pre paid and asked to carry the e-mail that he sent to vodafone store.

I submitted the e-mail to vodafone store and then they have converted my post paid to prepaid.

I would suggest to contact nodal officer if you are looking for migration of post paid to pre paid.

Default Postpaid into Pre-Paid - Vodafone Hyderabad

I am using vodafone postpaid mobile 9885392958 since last 12 months. Since last three months i am requesting the vodaforecare staff convert my mobile service from postpaid to prepaid, but they are not hearing us and saying there is no such option to me. I have also made a complaint to the Nodal Officer. His reply has not come sofar. Pl. help me in this reagard what to do next ? Inform whether is there any mandatory rule/provision was fixed by TRAI, to the network companies to change the customers from postpaid to prepaid and vice-versa at the request of customers ? Pl. inform how to made a complaint, against vodafone, with TRAI ? is there any TRAI mail id/mobile number to receive such complaints ? I hope early reply in this matter.

Nikhil Goud

Advocate.sonia's Avatar
    Advocate.sonia is offline Senior Member
    Sep 2009

Hello Consumer Court Members,

Always post your full contact details and the complaint nos. registered with the Vodafon Customer Care so that we can guide you accordingly.

Dilip is offline Junior Member
    Sep 2009

Yes, Its possible. Please follow the steps dilpu.blogspot.com/2010/03/vodafone-india-postpaid-to-prepaid-plan.html

Unregisteredi Guest

Question amount not yet given back to me

hai my name is dhanasekaran, i was using 3 postpaid connections for the past 5 years i like to migerate one number to prepaid and i went to vodafone store and gave the request that useless person wrongly migerated my number which was used by me for the past 5 years i asked whether there is any option to change back to postpaid and he told no option so in anger i told to convert all the 3 numbers prepaid so they asked to pay the unbilled amount and i paid it they told that i will get the amount back after the bill has generated for that month and they ask to me to wait for 90 days it already 5 months over i dont know whats is going on there pls do me the needful...

,dhanasekaran.

Cool p2p

pleze change my post paid to pre paid

W V Sudhakar Guest

Post Reminder of my last complaint

Sir, I made a complaint to ur nodal officer Mr. Mani on his mobile 9884098844 on 29/04/10 at around 1300hrs through my mobile number 9884659930 but, till now no action orelse reply from ur service. Please kindly let me know regarding the action taken. My complaint : I was holding ur service since last 6 months with the prepaid. But recently ur representative has approached for change of scheme from prepaid to postpaid with that I made the same to postpaid on 28/04/10. Actually I recharged for rs. 98/- of ur broadband scheme on the same day to my prepaid service whereas I was not able to operate the same service as I was holding micromax mobile for which ur company couldn't able to activate it. And at the same time when the service has been changed to postpaid all my prepaid scheme has gone along with my broadband scheme for which I didn't operate even a single day. But the representative from ur service has misguided me saying that service will retain in my postpaid service also and accordingly it will activate. Result was nil and I was kept under full tension since that day due to ur wrong function. so I kindly request you to either refund my Rs.98/- or else convert my scheme from postpaid to prepaid with Rs.250/- of my initial deposit. Otherwise I have no option other than going to consumer forum or else deactivate ur services.
    with regards
    WV sudhakar

NASEER AHMED KHAN Guest

Default Complaint

DEAR Sir

i want change my number to the pre paid (9886327730) when i call to custamer care they will tell there is no option to change the number

Quote Originally Posted by NASEER AHMED KHAN View Post

Hi Naseer,

We see that you have faced an inconvenience with one of our services / products. We would like to get in touch with you on this. Please share your details at http://bit.ly/bXW96V and wed be happy to help.

Vodafone Customer Care.

Quote Originally Posted by NASEER AHMED KHAN View Post

Hi Naseer,

Thanks for contacting us regarding your request and for your time over the call. As per our conversation, we understand that you wish to continue with postpaid plan. We also hope you are pleased with the offer you have been given for your postpaid connection. For further assistance on any other request or query, kindly let us know at vodafonecare.kar@vodafone.com We would be happy to help.

Vodafone Customer Care, Karnataka.

Udayan S is offline Junior Member
    Jun 2010

Vodafone Customer Care is pathetic. I am telling from my own experience with 2 of their Vodafone Stores. Vodafone Store - Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi and Vodafone Store - Peera Garhi, New Delhi.
    I want to convert 2 Vodafone Post Paid Numbers to Prepaid. For this I have visted their above mentioned stores 5 times. Every time the same excuse is given. SIM card is not available right now. If you tell them that same thing was told to me last time which could be 7-10 days back. They will say that we received the SIM but they are now finished. I have seen not less than 50 customers being turned back for the same reason. Vodafone Stores neither have the courtesy nor the decency to at least display this situation as a Notice on their doors so that customers are not hassled. First take the token and wait. When you turn comes the following will happen:
    1. Step One : First Vodafone Store agents will try to tell you the benefits of keeping your connection in POST Paid mode.
    2. If step one fails then they will tell you that the SIM card is not available.
    3. If you insist that the SIM card be given then they will give you a card that will not work at all.

Vodafone Customer Care is the pits. In recent times, I have yet to experience -- more patehtic service than VODAFONE

Quote Originally Posted by Udayan S View Post

Hi Udayan,

We see that you have faced an inconvenience with one of our services / products. We would like to get in touch with you on this. Please share your details at http://bit.ly/cZTHfI and wed be happy to help.

Vodafone Customer Care.

sami Guest

plz lunch 2 postpaid to prepaid converion

meesuri is offline Junior Member
    Jul 2010

Default Postpaid to Prepaid conversion

I hold a Vodafone Postpaid connection from a year . I want to convert it to the Prepaid. But Vodafone executives (at vodafone store & call center) replying it's not possible. I visited Vodafone Store, Whitefield , Bangalore. Their response is very rude and not even considering to listen to the customer.

Then I dropped a e-mail to corprelations.kar@vodafone.com, but no respone from them even after 48 hours.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

My# : 9916897328