Airtel International GPRS Charges
This is a discussion on Airtel International GPRS Charges within the Mobile Services forums, part of the Mobile category; I am customer to Airtel Delhi with International Raoming & GPRS services. During my recent visit to UK they have ...
- 02-10-2009, 09:52 PM #1Unregistered Guest
Airtel International GPRS Charges
I am customer to Airtel Delhi with International Raoming & GPRS
services. During my recent visit to UK they
have charged me with enormous amount of money for GPRS services.
I had travelled two times more , last one , just two months back to
the same place in UK and used the GPRS
services almost to the the same amount but I had not been charged , As
they were suppose to be free , As
I had confirmed via phone also .
I have detailed bill copy where clearly they have not charged me for
the GPRS services.
And in between this period I have not received any notification of any
kind of iformation on the charges for these services. Neither In
their web site they have mentioned any applicable charges for the
one of the operator , for which i didnt use the service. For all other
operator they mentioned "Not Available.
Could you please let me know, What can be done on this case .
- 02-10-2009, 10:06 PM #2Unregistered Guest
Dear Sir / Madam,
1. Kindly check whether they were offering those
Services free of charge for limited period of time
when you signed up OR Maybe upto some extent of rupees
they were providing free.
-- If true, you cannot do anything.
2. Secondly this time, you might have been connected
in UK to a service provider who does not have that
arrangement with Airtel.
-- If u selected manual / automatic the service
provider other than what they have mentioned ( if at
all ) you need to avail of when in UK, then you cannot
If they have not mentioned anything reg. which service
provider GPRS is free, then its their fault.
3. Third, the same service provider's contract with
Airtel must be over.
-- Its AIRTEL's fault completely. They should have
informed you in advance.
4. A error from their billing department.
-- Its AIRTEL's fault completely.
Anyway, you have their customer service no with you.
Explain them properly with clarity and they shall tell
you the exact truth. Once you know it is not your
fault, write to this group again.
Someone must be fully knowledgeable which department
in AIRTEL gives justice.
- 02-10-2009, 10:08 PM #3Unregistered Guest
3 points which you mentioned , No where in the contract it was
mentioned that It will be charged or any kind of limit was there.
They never informed about any kind of tie up with the UK network. If
they didnt had the tie up with the service provider I accessed the
service, Why Airtel allowed me to use the service on their network.
and how can they ask about the chrges for which they dont have any
agreement for the service.
I checked up it is not billing mistake, I am yet to receive the bill
Still I have 2 points to be considered in this case.
1. Earlier also I have travelled 2 times and my colleuges also, They
also never been charged. How can they impose the chrges without
2. I found out that my credit limit was set by Airtel was Rs. 20000/-
If knowingly or unknowingly , I crossed my limits , Whyt didnt they
informed or disconnected the service.
They did inform , When bill reached worth of 93000/- . Which is
almos 100 times of my limit.and later it went up to to 1,70,000.00
- 07-21-2009, 01:07 AM #4Unregistered Guest
Airtel GPRS Excess BIlling
I have received a bill of over Rs 50,000 for 2 days of GPRS usage on a trip to Switzerland. The volume of usage is less than my normal usage in two days.
MOreover when I had travelled to USA a few months previously, my bill did ont exceed Rs. 5000. Is such a large discrepancy possible?
Finally, my credit limit was originally Rs. 5000, which was raised to Rs. 11, 000 without informing me. If my credit limit was Rs. 11,000 why was I not informed when my usage exceeded that amount? The amount being billed now is 5 times my credit limit.
Airtel officials and customre care executives are unwilling to clarify the billing. Please guide on what can be done in this sitution.
- By Unregistered in forum Mobile Billing ProblemReplies: 63Last Post: 12-15-2012, 03:52 PM
- By sahilgoyal10 in forum Internet ServicesReplies: 1Last Post: 10-24-2010, 12:57 PM
- By anil179 in forum Mobile Billing ProblemReplies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2009, 11:05 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Mobile Billing ProblemReplies: 1Last Post: 09-17-2009, 12:58 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Mobile ServicesReplies: 1Last Post: 04-14-2009, 10:53 AM